Volkswagen Group considering future Formula 1 entry

Matoonia

The Volkswagen Group, the world's second biggest car maker, is conducting a feasibility study into a potential Formula 1 entry.

Sources say the review is being conducted by ex-Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali, who was hired by VW's Audi brand earlier this year.

Its interest is being piqued by the global marketing success achieved by rivals and new F1 champions Mercedes.

But any entry would depend on management changes at VW or F1.

Ferdinand Piech, the head of the supervisory board of the VW Group, and F1 commercial boss Bernie Ecclestone have long had a difficult relationship.

At least one of them would need to leave their current position before a VW Group brand could enter F1.

VW was on the working group of car manufacturers that decided on the new turbo hybrid engine rules introduced into F1 this season, but decided against entering at that time - and, publicly, has not changed its stance since.

But sources say that some senior board members now believe F1 would be a more effective global promotional tool than its existing motorsport programmes.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30336569

And they will use the 7-speed DSG in the F1 cars, just to prove that there is nothing wrong with the GB and what a marketing campaign it will be! Once and for all wipe out the myth about the reliability issues of the DSG. [:p]

I'm so proud to be driving a VW !!

↡ Advertisement

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/30336569

And they will use the 7-speed DSG in the F1 cars, just to prove that there is nothing wrong with the GB and what a marketing campaign it will be! Once and for all wipe out the myth about the reliability issues of the DSG. [:p]

I'm so proud to be driving a VW !!

skali at the pole position, GB fail....happend to rosberg nia... :D:D:D

• Praise 1

skali at the pole position, GB fail....happend to rosberg nia... :D:D:D

second that,

the GB that they use for the F1 cars will be different from BB cars. I guess after all the hype, and with failures, it is back to drawing board again.

my suggestion is that, to save their reputation, 1, re-invent the GB and offer as an replacemet (takes time)

2. provide a satisfactory after sales service, ( I guess most VW drivers will be glad to come to a compromise that to have nothing at all), f course this must be documented