Singapore Airlines pricing error

Neutrino

Got. I know of a few.

Also know of a few companies who almost solely use SIA [hur]

That's a good policy.

Companies should always use their local carrier.

↡ Advertisement

Actually SQ’s network not that great. Bestest connectivity is still Emirates

that one can't fight lah. Their hub location beat us.

But actually in terms of global reach, they win but all the growth nowadays is mostly regional, mostly SEA and china.

Emirates growth actually is flattening out rapidly. That's why Qatar is trying to buy up more of CX now. 

Emirates going forward also lack of growth opportunities. USA is sorta shut off for them. The chinese have their own ambitions to build a large hub in southern china. SEA is sorta dominated by airasia and the budget airlines coming out of KL and SIN.
Qantas is getting back on it's feet in australia.
Go africa? haha

flip prata faster than change underwear

must be kena suan jin jialat song song gao jurong [laugh]

I changed 3 underwear since last night leh.  [laugh]

that one can't fight lah. Their hub location beat us.

But actually in terms of global reach, they win but all the growth nowadays is mostly regional, mostly SEA and china.

Emirates growth actually is flattening out rapidly. That's why Qatar is trying to buy up more of CX now.

Emirates going forward also lack of growth opportunities. USA is sorta shut off for them. The chinese have their own ambitions to build a large hub in southern china. SEA is sorta dominated by airasia and the budget airlines coming out of KL and SIN.

Qantas is getting back on it's feet in australia.

Go africa? haha

Yeah. And where does that leave SQ? Biz class super ex (and i hate the stoopid uncomfortable angled, lie flat design) and i find ANA still better n cheaper (and more comfy). Economy lose to Emirates & Qatar.

No wonder hv to resort to acting like budget airline to keep profitability...

• Praise 2

Think they received a lot of complains.

Yeah. And where does that leave SQ? Biz class super ex (and i hate the stoopid uncomfortable angled, lie flat design) and i find ANA still better n cheaper (and more comfy). Economy lose to Emirates & Qatar.

No wonder hv to resort to acting like budget airline to keep profitability...

I dunno. Airline business is tough. 

Look at so many national carriers in the red.

JAL, Korean air, MAS etc etc etc.

CX also struggling badly.

I think SQ already considered very responsive in terms of trying to keep their company moving forward. At least they keep trying to do something to keep the business going (scoot/tiger/silk air etc etc). Of course whether win, lose or draw, no one knows.

While long haul premium travel is where profitability is for full service carriers, as emirates is finding out, your rope can only go so long.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Visa, MasterCard and the other card companies probably reminded SIA it's not allowed to do this.

• Praise 1

many skyscanner agents all tom dick n harry, located overseas.

difficult to contact them when u have any issue.

can use their prices (skyscanner) as a guide and book directly with the Airlines website.

If Skyscanner can offer, you should be able to get the same prices in singapore.

I am quoting base on airfares departing (starting) from Singapore.

I ever booked via ctrip to seoul saved about $150 per pax from official website

For SQ

book thru ctrip can "select seat" during the booking flow before payment?

any feedback on zuji.com.sg

For SQ

Edited by Wt_know

At least SQ listens to customer feedback and willing to take action right? This shows that it is still very customer oriented.

Customer oriented i gotta agree. Some other airlines u write to them oso they won’t bother to reply

more like FACE PALM and flip prata (bad PR)

SIA is a billion dollar company

you don't announce Wed want to charge CC and then Thu announce cancel ... flip prata within 24hrs

At least SQ listens to customer feedback and willing to take action right? This shows that it is still very customer oriented.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Customer oriented i gotta agree. Some other airlines u write to them oso they won’t bother to reply

Not sure if SIa will reply but Lufthansa is shit.

My luggage was damaged by them and I reported to them  almost 1 month ago. Still no news now.

Turbocharged

For SQ

There are many reasons 

A) Some Travel agency promo is strictly for travel agency. You cant find it at the Airlines website

B) Another reason may be, Airlines separate the seats quota into many different areas

Online (Airlines website) quota and Travel agency system quota

Different Countries also have different seats quota

CTRIP now getting better. At least they email you the e-ticket numbers (last time just flights schedules)

I just encountered a recent experience with Ctrip.

After ticket purchase made with credit card, they will not issue you the ticket till the last 3 days (before departure).

I think they are hoping the ticket price will drop and issue the lower category ticket (to earn more profit).

When come to change date/flight, CTRIP charge hands/legs. Even though it is on the SAME booking category.

Example : SQ charge USD100 base on the ticket T&C. CTRIP charge S$350 (almost S$200 profit).

BWT, if your ticket is starting from Singapore, CTRIP also issue their ticket from a local Singapore wholesale company.

Edited by Mcf777
↡ Advertisement