Singapore Airlines pricing error

Neutrino

Turbocharged

These 900 tickets ; end of the day got no towel, no peanuts, cheap wine, economy class food and economy class service.

These 900 tickets ; end of the day got no towel, no peanuts, cheap wine, economy class food and economy class service.

Personally for long haul.....I don't mind to forego all these.

I just need the extra space to rest, stretch.

Just serve me econ class food and drink, but that is provided I can get the seat similar to econ seat price

• Praise 5

Kinda off SQ already. Only fly them if no choice or to redeem my krisflyer mileage for my dive trips.

According to my parents' neighbours (both husband/wife are senior cabin crew), there is a lot of penny pinching and red tape in the background to the point it sometimes limits the service they can provide even for business or first class passengers.

Bottomline: SQ should be honouring the sold tickets.. once sold, should be considering as done deal !

Just like when i see items made of glass being displayed on cabinets, they always say: "Once broken, considered sold"

• Praise 2

if SQ dont honour, it will give a chance for Qantas to complain against them.

Since SQ is an eye-sore to them.

Would love to see Australia Travel Agency works together and boycott SQ.

Just like they hit hard on Tiger Airways and clipped hard on their wings to let them see RED.

A Flight Centre spokesman said they became aware of the issue on Saturday and notified Singapore Airlines - but the problem was not rectified until Monday.

Which FT do work so slack one?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-04/singapore-air-seeks-to-recover-fares-on-900-business-class-seats.html

Singapore Airlines Ltd. (SIA) was working with travel agents in Australia to recover the difference in fares on business-class tickets that were mistakenly sold at economy-seat prices.

Some travel agents sold the tickets using a “booking class” that was originally designated for economy seats, Singapore Air said in an e-mailed statement yesterday. The airline said today the tickets sold involved 900 segments, or journeys between two cities. Singapore Air said it doesn’t immediately know how many people purchased those tickets. The fare conditions state that it’s only valid for coach class travel, according to the airline.

“We are working with our travel agent partners to ensure that our customers are notified of this issue, to ensure there is no disruption to their travel plans,” Singapore Air said.

The carrier has advised travel agents of options for those affected customers, including paying the difference to its lowest business class fare, flying on economy class or getting a full refund, Singapore Air said.

The affected tickets between Singapore and European destinations were sold by online agents inAustralia from Nov. 29 to Dec. 1, according to an News Corp. report yesterday.

Bottomline: SQ should be honouring the sold tickets.. once sold, should be considering as done deal !

Just like when i see items made of glass being displayed on cabinets, they always say: "Once broken, considered sold"

Agreed.

While the sum is not an insignificant 3+ million, SQ is one of the most profitable airlines. And instead of facing a negative blowback when trying to recover the money lost by their own mistake, they should have used it as a lesson learnt and a marketing expense.

Image is sometimes everything and I would prefer not being seen as petty.

Agreed.

While the sum is not an insignificant 3+ million, SQ is one of the most profitable airlines. And instead of facing a negative blowback when trying to recover the money lost by their own mistake, they should have used it as a lesson learnt and a marketing expense.

Image is sometimes everything and I would prefer not being seen as petty.

treat it as christmas surprise, they haven't done anything to surprise anyone before [:/][:/]

like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIEIvi2MuEk

SIA said computer error .......

But it's still SIA ... :angry:

CNA : SIA Business Class tickets sold at Economy Class prices due to computer error

SINGAPORE: Flag carrier Singapore Airlines (SIA) recently made a computer error that led travel agents in Australia to sell Business Class tickets at Economy Class prices.

The airline had re-assigned a booking sub-class originally for Economy Class bookings to be used for Business Class on a booking system for travel agents, known as the global distribution system. This was for Business Class bookings from Dec 8, an SIA spokesperson told Channel NewsAsia.

A report from the Sydney Morning Herald said the S$6,615 tickets were sold for as little as S$3,860, and that hundreds had snapped up the deal. The newspaper said that Australian travel agent Flight Centre first discovered the error - which involved plane tickets from Australia to London - on Saturday (Nov 29). The error was reportedly rectified on Monday.

"A small number of travel agents in Australia sold Business Class tickets at an Economy Class fare level," the spokesperson said. "The airfare conditions for this fare states that it is only valid for Economy Class travel."

The airline has said it would not absorb the price difference. "We have advised our travel agents of various options available to customers, including paying the difference to our lowest Business Class fare, travelling in Economy Class on the booked ticket, refunding the difference between the fare charged and our lead in Economy Class fares, or offering a full refund," the spokesperson said.

The airline added that it is working with travel agent partners to ensure that customers will be notified of the issue to ensure their travel plans will not be disrupted. "Singapore Airlines would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused," the spokesperson added.

According to SIA, 900 ticketed segments to various destinations in Europe and Asia were sold.

Flight Centre, which sold close to 100 of the affected tickets, said it was not the only Australian travel agent affected by the glitch. Anyone booking those fares, including other brick-and-mortar and online travel agents, would have received the incorrect fares, it said.

“The error would not have been immediately obvious to a travel agent unless he or she read the fare rules and recognised the issue in the coding for an Economy Class flight. At face value, it would have appeared to be cheap Business Class flights,” a Flight Centre representative said.

“I doubt online travel agents would have even noticed the error, as customers would have just made the booking if the system allowed them to, which it did,” she added.

- CNA/dl

link: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/sia-business-class/1510290.html

Edited by Picnic06