Singapore Airlines pricing error

Neutrino

The Singapore companies - even those so called global companies with businesses all over the continents - mostly have an SME mindset. They hire cheap and expect quality. Remember the cheaper better faster slogan?

I had a run in with one big investment firm and the quality of the people there with the civil service kiasi mentality is just too obvious and terrible *shakes head*

This is a very good point.

The limiting factor of our companies

is the low quality of their management.

Sadly I don't see this improving any time soon.

:D

↡ Advertisement

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/asia/australianew-zealand/story/sia-says-will-honour-erroneous-sale-business-class-tickets-econ

SIA will honour erroneous sale of business-class tickets at economy-class fares in Australia

Singapore Airlines (SIA) on Monday agreed to allow hundreds of passengers to fly business class after they purchased fares at economy-class prices in Australia following an embarrassing ticketing bungle.

The airline said it is investigating the cause of the mix-up, which resulted in tickets being sold online at the wrong fares for flights between Australia and Asia, as well as Europe from Dec 8.

“To ensure no disruption to our customers’ travel plans, Singapore Airlines wishes to advise that it will honour all affected bookings,” the airline said in a statement.

“Singapore Airlines will be contacting affected customers and travel agents to advise that their Business Class bookings will be honoured at the original fare purchased. Investigations continue to be carried out to determine the root cause of this issue.”

I though they already blamed the error on a computer?

They should have just pretended it was the computer and left it at that.

Now someone's head may need to role.

Or if he or she is high enough then their poor subordinate's

head may have to role.

Blame the computer and the computer cannot be sacked right.

Cannot even hurt the poor computer's feelings.

• Praise 1

Just change carrier if you guys so dulan. The food isn't best in class. They are stingy with upgrades. They use house brand mineral water for business class - who the hell does that Jesus!

And the locals still kum lan queue up in droves to get "punished" 😂

• Praise 2

What I don't understand is why airlines always make the people

in first class and business go in to the aeroplane first and make

them wait for people like me who fly economy.

The other thing I really don't understand is why they make

the rich people fly in the front of the aeroplane.

Thats the most dangerous place those people always die first.

What have you ever heard of a plane reversing into a mountain.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Just change carrier if you guys so dulan. The food isn't best in class. They are stingy with upgrades. They use house brand mineral water for business class - who the hell does that Jesus!

i always smile when my company put me on cathay. at least the girls not bad looking and the food is pretty good. the biz class also quite comfortable ... and unlike SQ, at least my laptop can charge on a cathay flight. SQ always gives me some BS about how the problem is my laptop, but dont wanna say the wattage in the seat is CRAP.

What I don't understand is why airlines always make the people

in first class and business go in to the aeroplane first and make

them wait for people like me who fly economy.

The other thing I really don't understand is why they make

the rich people fly in the front of the aeroplane.

Thats the most dangerous place those people always die first.

What have you ever heard of a plane reversing into a mountain.

eh, if im paying (well, my company paid) for me to be the first to board the flight, well then, i jolly well better be the first to die in event of crash! i mean ... after paying that much, i expect to be first in everything!!!

LOL

Let's hope not.

The consequences from the last two times that happened were vividly depicted in the Terminator and the Matrix series. :D

And the locals still kum lan queue up in droves to get "punished"

For some reason everytime I fly with them whether I choose chicken or fish

they always have to bend to the lowest level of the cart and I always get 2 half balls.

As for being punished? I think lots of men have fantasies of those ladies in their

uniforms punishing them. Apart from their computer system and customer support

I have always had very good service from their flight crews.

CB Serpent companies still select SQ as first preference. God only knows if this is some sort of misplaced national pride or protectionist racket or what. But either way, SQ has assured business from CB Serpents. :D

One thing I have to agree is the food.

But I never eat the food onboard.

I just eat before and after the flight.

If they just gave me a sandwich and

and a bag of potato chips I would be even

happier. :D

The other thing I don't understand is why when they start serving food

the plane always fly into turbulence and they have to stop serving hot drinks.

I think the stewardess ask the pilots to fly into turbulence so they don't

need to serve hot drinks. Cannot be always a coincidence.

• Praise 1

I though they already blamed the error on a computer?

They should have just pretended it was the computer and left it at that.

Now someone's head may need to role.

Or if he or she is high enough then their poor subordinate's

head may have to role.

Blame the computer and the computer cannot be sacked right.

I think they will spend $3m to find the problem. Then found out the problem is really the computer and then spend another $3m to fix it [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

I hear that SIA have decided to not pursue regaining the money they lost over this online ticketing issue.

Now it looks like they have bowed to worldwide pressure, which they have, so even worse publicity.

For me online food even SIA is awful.

Business Class is little better than Economy food.

Also I don't understand why they search hand-carry for knives or sharp objects but on BC or above then they give you metal knives and forks.

Do airlines think that hijackers don';t fly BC???

• Praise 1

I hear that SIA have decided to not pursue regaining the money they lost over this online ticketing issue.

Now it looks like they have bowed to worldwide pressure, which they have, so even worse publicity.

For me online food even SIA is awful.

Business Class is little better than Economy food.

Also I don't understand why they search hand-carry for knives or sharp objects but on BC or above then they give you metal knives and forks.

Do airlines think that hijackers don';t fly BC???

I have that same thoughts. Once my wife's nail clipper was confiscated in her hand carry but they gave us metal knifes during meal time <_<

Airline logic [hur] [hur]

Jamesc Mate, while reading ur post I jst remember something tat will always be remembered. Its an incident that happened while I was returning fm Tokyo to Spore. I OT abit but still related to Airline stuff..............hahahah lol :D

Part 1:

This yr during 10th day of CNY (Tokyo Snow storm), taking flight Delt% airline back to SPore.

- but was delayed n delayed

- got onboard at 9pm, sit and wait n wait (pilot talk n explain situation)

- nvr serve me dinner which suppose to hv (same pilot talk n explain situation)

- at ard 12midnight serve some snacks n u guess wat, ICE-CREAM (I nearly faint) (same pilot talk n explain situation)

- ard 2am or 3am (forget liao), pilot talk n explain and finally say "apologies, we cant fly today"

The best ting, he announce to stewards, "Cabin Crew, prepare for ARRIVAL"..................... wow wow my eyes was like, WTF :angry:

Its something to share which I have nvr expirence b4 and don't want to also.....want part 2? :D

Part 2:

- stay at the airport from 2am until like 4pm then they bring us to a hotel.(total hours in the airport = 24hr+)

- fly back only 3 days lata due to not enough seats.............. terrible experience ya [dizzy][dizzy]

• Praise 4

I have that same thoughts. Once my wife's nail clipper was confiscated in her hand carry but they gave us metal knifes during meal time <_<

Airline logic [hur] [hur]

Haha my colleague also had her nail clipper confiscated.

They are afraid she will nick the pilot and get get him to fly where she wants.

Of course she would never think about using the nice forks and knifes on the

plane to do this.

Jamesc Mate, while reading ur post I jst remember something tat will always be remembered. Its an incident that happened while I was returning fm Tokyo to Spore. I OT abit but still related to Airline stuff..............hahahah lol :D

Part 1:

This yr during 10th day of CNY (Tokyo Snow storm), taking flight Delt% airline back to SPore.

- but was delayed n delayed

- got onboard at 9pm, sit and wait n wait (pilot talk n explain situation)

- nvr serve me dinner which suppose to hv (same pilot talk n explain situation)

- at ard 12midnight serve some snacks n u guess wat, ICE-CREAM (I nearly faint) (same pilot talk n explain situation)

- ard 2am or 3am (forget liao), pilot talk n explain and finally say "apologies, we cant fly today"

The best ting, he announce to stewards, "Cabin Crew, prepare for ARRIVAL"..................... wow wow my eyes was like, WTF :angry:

Its something to share which I have nvr expirence b4 and don't want to also.....want part 2? :D

Part 2:

- stay at the airport from 2am until like 4pm then they bring us to a hotel.(total hours in the airport = 24hr+)

- fly back only 3 days lata due to not enough seats.............. terrible experience ya [dizzy][dizzy]

Complain to richard anderson lah 😂

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1