Samsung note 4

Sammy_koh

Can ask any expert how to transfer watapps chat history to new phone?

Is it must load all earlier message before doing back up?

If no load earlier message than the back up is until what appears in my chat is it?

Pls help

Can ask any expert how to transfer watapps chat history to new phone?

Is it must load all earlier message before doing back up?

If no load earlier message than the back up is until what appears in my chat is it?

Pls help

NOTE: You need to do the below BEFORE downloading the WA app in your new phone.

In your existing phone internal memory there will be a folder called Whatsapp. Your messages are stored in a subfolder called "database". But there are also images/videos that might have been sent to you and these are in a different folder.

Anyway, just copy this whole "whatsapp" folder to an sd card and then transfer to the new phone (again, BEFORE you actually download the WA app in your new phone). Copy it to the new phone's internal memory's main folder. Or you can also do direct copy by connecting both phones to a laptop and use the file manager in your windows.

After this, you can download the WA app in your new phone and install. During the installation process it should detect that you have past message and ask you if you want to restore. Choose yes.

To be safe don't erase/format your old phone first in case you need to re-do the above if not successful.

Hope this helps.

• Praise 2

In your existing phone internal memory there will be a folder called Whatsapp. Your messages are stored in a subfolder called "database". But there are also images/videos that might have been sent to you and these are in a different folder.

Anyway, just copy this whole "whatsapp" folder to an sd card and then transfer to the new phone (again, BEFORE you actually download the WA app in your new phone). Copy it to the new phone's internal memory's main folder. Or you can also do direct copy by connecting both phones to a laptop and use the file manager in your windows.

After this, you can download the WA app in your new phone and install. During the installation process it should detect that you have past message and ask you if you want to restore. Choose yes.

To be safe don't erase/format your old phone first in case you need to re-do the above if not successful.

Hope this helps.

Is this for Android or iPhone?

I transferred twice for Android in the last year (once for wife, once for myself).

What is mentioned above is almost all correct, but for new phones, whatsapp is already pre-installed, so the transfer of the folder can be done with whatsapp already installed -- but just don't run/register/start the app first before the required folder is transferred.

Only after transferring folder, then run/start the app, and it will send sms to your phone to key in PIN. after you keyed in the PIN, then whatsapp will ask you whether you want to restore old/existing data, and you click yes.

Then it is just as you see it in your old phone.

Is this for Android or iPhone?

I transferred twice for Android in the last year (once for wife, once for myself).

What is mentioned above is almost all correct, but for new phones, whatsapp is already pre-installed, so the transfer of the folder can be done with whatsapp already installed -- but just don't run/register/start the app first before the required folder is transferred.

Only after transferring folder, then run/start the app, and it will send sms to your phone to key in PIN. after you keyed in the PIN, then whatsapp will ask you whether you want to restore old/existing data, and you click yes.

Then it is just as you see it in your old phone.

Thanks for the fine tuning. My latest phone is LG G3 bought last June. Then WA was not preinstalled.

Thanks for the fine tuning. My latest phone is LG G3 bought last June. Then WA was not preinstalled.

i see...

WA must have made a lot of $$ (from what, i wonder…) since then, after which they must have paid samsung to get themselves on board the phone.

Actually i wonder whether the phone makers pay the apps manufacturer or is it the other way round to have the apps pre-installed. Anyone knows?

Hope this helps.

Bro thanks.

I will be using laptop to do so is it

-new phone

Uninstall watapps app(even Uninstall but from pc still can find the watapps folder and even go inside also can see subfolder,database is 1 of the 3 folder)

Should I delete the watapps folder from pc even after Uninstall the app?

-old phone

Is it do back up 1st than use pc to go watapps folder and copy the whole folder (including the 4 subfolder inside the main folder)and paste into new phone folder?

If the watapps folder in new phone didn't delete than is it just overlap the folder?

-can I connect the 2 phone together using USB and do copy(from old phone) and paste to new phone direct?

Bro pls advise?

i see...

WA must have made a lot of $$ (from what, i wonder) since then, after which they must have paid samsung to get themselves on board the phone.

Actually i wonder whether the phone makers pay the apps manufacturer or is it the other way round to have the apps pre-installed. Anyone knows?

Bro I had already act the new phone watapps liao.

Like that how?

From note 2 to note 4

Edited by Camrytron

Bro thanks.

I will be using laptop to do so is it

-new phone

Uninstall watapps app(even Uninstall but from pc still can find the watapps folder and even go inside also can see subfolder,database is 1 of the 3 folder)

Should I delete the watapps folder from pc even after Uninstall the app?

-old phone

Is it do back up 1st than use pc to go watapps folder and copy the whole folder (including the 4 subfolder inside the main folder)and paste into new phone folder?

If the watapps folder in new phone didn't delete than is it just overlap the folder?

-can I connect the 2 phone together using USB and do copy(from old phone) and paste to new phone direct?

Bro pls advise?

Like that how?

From note 2 to note 4

I'm assuming that you have not started/activated your whatsapp on your new phone yet. If you have, then err… sorry will have to go check with experts.

But if not yet, then it's very easy (though it might take a while for the transfer if you have tons of things stored in your old phone whatsapp). Just copy the folder over to the new phone same place.

You see, all the necessary new folders (and sub-folders) that whatsapp need are created when whatsapp was pre-installed on the new phone. The idea is that you copy the folder from the old phone over, and so there will be 2 similar folders in the same location.

Then when you activate/start using your whatsapp there for first time, you will be asked to key in your phone no. so that a verification PIN will be sms'ed to you to key into whatsapp. At that point, the whatsapp will ask you whether you want to restore old data (since got 2 same folders). Just click yes, and it will automatically combine them i think… Then can start to use, and everything will be found in your new phone whatsapp, like continuing where you left off on old phone.

Good luck.

Bro pls advise?

Like that how?

From note 2 to note 4

On reading again, seems like you have started using whatsapp on new phone...

wah, then i don't really know, but I suspect can copy the folder on Note 4 to PC, copy folder from Note to PC, then uninstall whatsapp on Note 4, then reinstall, then paste/transfer the 2 folders over to Note 4, then repeat the activation/start...

But this is just a guess. Best to go whatsapp official page to check.

I'm assuming that you have not started/activated your whatsapp on your new phone yet. If you have, then err sorry will have to go check with experts.

But if not yet, then it's very easy (though it might take a while for the transfer if you have tons of things stored in your old phone whatsapp). Just copy the folder over to the new phone same place.

You see, all the necessary new folders (and sub-folders) that whatsapp need are created when whatsapp was pre-installed on the new phone. The idea is that you copy the folder from the old phone over, and so there will be 2 similar folders in the same location.

Then when you activate/start using your whatsapp there for first time, you will be asked to key in your phone no. so that a verification PIN will be sms'ed to you to key into whatsapp. At that point, the whatsapp will ask you whether you want to restore old data (since got 2 same folders). Just click yes, and it will automatically combine them i think Then can start to use, and everything will be found in your new phone whatsapp, like continuing where you left off on old phone.

Good luck.

On reading again, seems like you have started using whatsapp on new phone...

wah, then i don't really know, but I suspect can copy the folder on Note 4 to PC, copy folder from Note to PC, then uninstall whatsapp on Note 4, then reinstall, then paste/transfer the 2 folders over to Note 4, then repeat the activation/start...

But this is just a guess. Best to go whatsapp official page to check.

Thanks bro will go try

Thanks q bro Atrecord & bro kar lover.

Actually I Uninstall watapps at new phone than copy whole watapps folder from old phone and paste at new phone.

It ask me want merge both and everything just yes and it done.

All of a sudden, my samsung note 4 battery drains super super fast,!!!

Battery dead?? Will changing battery restore cos I read note 4 got lousy battery.

Any good advice or lobang for battery ? OEM or aftermarket battery can work ?

Note 4 should be more a few years usage already, right?

Just get a new battery.

Battery dead?? Will changing battery restore cos I read note 4 got lousy battery.

which part of SEARCH you do not understand...multiple times this has happened.

merged here

either you are really daft or special needs impaired, then its understandable

Twincharged

i got a replacement battery from q10 ... for my Note 1st generation !! and i can get almost 3 days standby without using ... actually only use it as an alarm clock now and also cctv viewer occasionally.

↡ Advertisement