Air Pressure for Dunlop 225/50R18

Extremme

Hi guys,

I am driving a Toyota Estima and I am using Dunlop 225/50R18 for my tyres. As per my tyres illustration:

DSC_0027.jpg

I pump up my tyres pressure to 240. Is it the ideal pressure?

↡ Advertisement

Recommended always correct. But 240 still ok only it will be harder if u can feel. On Spore road no problem but if traveling up long distance to KL better to go at 230 or lower at 220😀👍

My own knowledges tru workshops n friends 😄

• Praise 6

Recommended always correct. But 240 still ok only it will be harder if u can feel. On Spore road no problem but if traveling up long distance to KL better to go at 230 or lower at 220😀👍

My own knowledges tru workshops n friends 😄

Actually wrong

230 is cold, by time drive petrol station tyre will warm up, plus pump inaccuracy, so 240-250 is fine.

On nsh better to pump more so u don't generate heat in the sidewalks and blowout

So for him, sticking to 250 even for sg or nsh is fine

Actually wrong

230 is cold, by time drive petrol station tyre will warm up, plus pump inaccuracy, so 240-250 is fine.

On nsh better to pump more so u don't generate heat in the sidewalks and blowout

So for him, sticking to 250 even for sg or nsh is fine

Hmmmmm,,,, yah will check on the pump low for lone distance drive. Tats wat I heard.

Cheers 👍

• Praise 5

Thank you both. Yeah I am going KL following week so want to ensure it's all good. I went to the petrol kiosk and was shocked to see that my 4 tyres were only 140. It's a new 3 month old car.

Thank you both. Yeah I am going KL following week so want to ensure it's all good. I went to the petrol kiosk and was shocked to see that my 4 tyres were only 140. It's a new 3 month old car.

did u pump in these 3 months

it takes about there to drop 100 kpa

did u pump in these 3 months

it takes about there to drop 100 kpa

Oh..I don't think so. That could probably explain why it dropped -100

tyre pressure and size clearly stated there

just follow car factory you are not wrong

But you can still change to your own preference best only increase (not reduce) for heavy load and long distance

Hi guys,

I am driving a Toyota Estima and I am using Dunlop 225/50R18 for my tyres. As per my tyres illustration:

DSC_0027.jpg

I pump up my tyres pressure to 240. Is it the ideal pressure?

don't worry 2.4 not very high pressure

my factory recommendation is 2.8 for front and 3.3 for rear under full load

Guys,I feel that it's not a normal behaviour. So what happened was that my front left tyres seems to deflat quite quickly.I pumped up all my tyres in early Dec before going on my trip to Malaysia but yesterday all the rest of the tyres (as per my check at petrol kiosk ) still remain abt the same pressure of 230. The front left tyre was already down to 150.

I have since inflated it back to 230 and monitoring. Is there any shop Which can help check if tyre is somehow punctured? Any recommended tyre shop for Dunlop? I intend to just change 1 piece of tyre considering that my ride is like 5 months old and low mileage. Thks

Supercharged

Guys,I feel that it's not a normal behaviour. So what happened was that my front left tyres seems to deflat quite quickly.I pumped up all my tyres in early Dec before going on my trip to Malaysia but yesterday all the rest of the tyres (as per my check at petrol kiosk ) still remain abt the same pressure of 230. The front left tyre was already down to 150.

I have since inflated it back to 230 and monitoring. Is there any shop Which can help check if tyre is somehow punctured? Any recommended tyre shop for Dunlop? I intend to just change 1 piece of tyre considering that my ride is like 5 months old and low mileage. Thks

depends where is conveinent for you. the usual popular tyre shops are Arrow, Pitstop, Eng Wah, Soh Bros. ALTC, KimHoe.

u better call them to make sure they carry your Dunlop tyre first.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?COM=Dunlop+Authorised+Dealer

most shop can do tyre repair.

my personal POV best ask for internal repair.

since you have driven the leaked tyre for sometime

only internal repair method can tell is there any inside hidden demaged

If is possible if your driving is during the "vampire" timing and also possibility park at upper level of MSCP.

I have experience of pressure loss of around 5kPa about every 4 days.

If is possible if your driving is during the "vampire" timing and also possibility park at upper level of MSCP.

I have experience of pressure loss of around 5kPa about every 4 days.

Nope. I drive on normal day and parked basement at home

Nope. I drive on normal day and parked basement at home

I miss read you post thinking it was both tyres. [dizzy]

Edited by Kklee

(edited)

I called several tyre shops and all said they faced this problem for the current make and model tyre for Estima. Not many people carry this model and its a known thing for the current batch of Estima. :(

Thinking of changing it once and for all (sigh, and its only like 5 months old). Any recommendation for Estima?

Edited by Extremme

check valves too. Sometimes, it's not installed properly or faulty valve. I much preferred rubber valve stem, not metal type; just change them every time you change tyres.

↡ Advertisement