POSB Everyday Card Lobang!

Heartlander

My habit has been not to redeem the rebate amount when using my POSB Everyday card for petrol payment. Just realised the other day that it has accumulated to close to $1000!

Working backward, I would have pumped $1000/6% = $16k of petrol to accumulate this rebate amount!

Just curious anyone can do better? I am actually quite proud of this as I believe most would just redeem the rebate after hitting certain amount for whatever reasons.

|Anyway bear in mind this is just a trivial thing, nothing outstanding haha. Just need abit of discipline to achieve - 3 years + to be exact. Those who have been using the card for other expenses would have taken a shorter time to achieve it.

post-101253-0-06445800-1418391483.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

I always use this card for my top up at SPC. Always ask them to deduct the full rebate earned from the previous top up.

That has been the temptation I have been facing every week, haha. For me not easy to do it week after week for > 3 years.

But has been getting harder and harder to resist. Maybe can redeem a gadget if come across something I like soon. Not really thinking of using it on petrol haha. But then will have to start from zero again... [bigcry]

I used to pump caltex many years back and accumulating points until I could redeem a TV from them, that was more than $20k worth of petrol [laugh] [Laugh]

• Praise 1

I always use this card for my top up at SPC. Always ask them to deduct the full rebate earned from the previous top up.

Like that you lose the 6% rebate when you make the deduction.

Best is to use the rebate to offset card bill.

• Praise 1

My habit has been not to redeem the rebate amount when using my POSB Everyday card for petrol payment. Just realised the other day that it has accumulated to close to $1000!

Working backward, I would have pumped $1000/6% = $16k of petrol to accumulate this rebate amount!

Just curious anyone can do better? I am actually quite proud of this as I believe most would just redeem the rebate after hitting certain amount for whatever reasons.

|Anyway bear in mind this is just a trivial thing, nothing outstanding haha. Just need abit of discipline to achieve - 3 years + to be exact. Those who have been using the card for other expenses would have taken a shorter time to achieve it.

that's a hell long time to accumulate (even with my monthly petrol bill is $350/month average)

rabates keep in card also no interest or whatsoever, why not use it to buy carpark coupon, bread, milk, or other stuff from stations

• Praise 2

I always use the rebates to offset the CC bill. That's the most economical way to use it. Never had more than $100 in my account.

How to use rebate for CC bill?

You need to sign up for DBS online account with your Eday card details. Wait for the security token to be delivered to you. Login to redeem the rebate to offset CC bill.

How to use rebate for CC bill?

If you have an Internet Banking with DBS/POSB, you log into the DBS iBanking.

At IB homepage, You will see

“Redemption of POSB Everyday Card Daily$ and SAFRA$"

"Click here to redeem"

After you click on the button, a new window will pop out and this is what you see:

Redemption of Daily$ / SAFRA$

Terms and Conditions:

Please ensure you have sufficient Daily$ or SAFRA$ to perform the transaction. DBS requires 7 working days to effect the redemption, should your payment due date fall within this period, you are strongly advised to make other payment arrangements to avoid late/penalty fees if any.

A minimum redemption amount of Daily$10 or SAFRA$10 is required.

Comfort taxi voucher redemption must be redeemed in blocks of S$5.

All vouchers will be mailed out within 10 working days upon successful redemption.

Please select type of redemption:

Everyday Card Account (Daily$ redeemed will offset the card outstanding balance)

Comfort Taxi Vouchers (Only applicable for Everyday Card)

SAFRA DBS Credit Card Account (SAFRA$ redeemed will offset the card outstanding balance)

Select the first one if you If you want to use the Daily$ to off set card outstanding balance

Click the Submit button and you are done.

This is the best way of utilizing your daily$. Using Daily to offset the purchase is not worth it, as no rebate will be given for the amount the Daily $ used for the purchase.

• Praise 10

one should not use the rebate at the point of payment at spc petrol station, just keep it and use the total amount to offset the final credit card payment.

the rebate amount used at petrol station can use to earn extra rebate, not much but why waste it.

• Praise 2

...I estimate that you have lost $15 in interest by accumulating your rebates rather than using it...

• Praise 1

Yay.... more free ride!! [bounce2][bounce2]

Free bus and MRT rides for up to 100,000 POSB cardholders until the end of the year
BY AMANDA LEE GUI PING
[email protected] PUBLISHED: 2:21 PM, JULY 28, 2015
23108379.JPG?itok=OVjabIZO
A POSB employee holding up POSB Everyday Credit Cards and PAssion POSB Debit Cards that cardholders can use to enjoy unlimited free MRT, LRT and bus rides every Friday till the end of this year. Photo: Amanda Lee
SINGAPORE — From this Friday (July 31), up to 100,000 POSB Everyday and PAssion POSB cardholders will be able to to enjoy unlimited free MRT, LRT and bus rides every Friday until the end of the year, POSB bank announced today.
The offer will benefit the 50,000 commuters currently holding the POSB Everyday Credit Card and PAssion POSB Debit Card with the EZ-Reload service that enables automatic top-ups to their cards.
Other commuters will have to be among the first 50,000 to link either of the two cards to EZ-Reload in order to benefit from the offer.
Commuters can save an average of S$15 every month through POSB’s Fare Free Friday initiative, part of the bank’s celebration of Singapore’s 50th year of independence. The public transport fares that participants rack up will be credited to their bank accounts the following month.
All EZ-Reload transaction fees and ATM top-up fees will also be waived as part of the initiative.
Mr Jeremy Soo, Managing Director and Head of Consumer Banking Group (Singapore) for DBS Bank, said: “This is a special year for Singapore and we want to take this opportunity to celebrate with our customers and thank them for their continous support of POSB over the years”.
To sign up, POSB “Fare Free Friday” the public can log to www.posb.com.sg/justcardit.

• Praise 2