• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
62 replies to this topic | 182 praises

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:37 PM

Vdln0248
  • Premium member
    Vdln0248
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

With the recent decline of crude oil now below US$60.00, SP Power has not make any announcement on the reduction of Electricity supply rate for next quarter? When prices on the rise, they are fast in announcing increase.
Dice and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

they act blur lor.

Edited by Kangadrool, 13 December 2014 - 07:21 PM.

Thaiyotakamli, Spring and RH1667 praised this

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:32 PM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    5th Gear
    Author Image

SP will tell you they're using natural gas but when crude oil goes up, they also up the utility bills.

2 Anonymous members praised this
Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:38 PM

Spring

With the recent decline of crude oil now below US$60.00, SP Power has not make any announcement on the reduction of Electricity supply rate for next quarter? When prices on the rise, they are fast in announcing increase.

Good point! And I guess their answer would be they do hedging and hence need time for the new prices to take effect but on the same token, when oil prices go up, the hedging excuse never pops up👎
Thaiyotakamli, RH1667 and Qpik praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good point! And I guess their answer would be they do hedging and hence need time for the new prices to take effect but on the same token, when oil prices go up, the hedging excuse never pops up👎

The more profit they have, the more bonus they have, why would they want to reduce their bonus???
Spring and RH1667 praised this
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:15 AM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

SP price review is quarterly.

So, next review is due around Christmas.

Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The decrease should be substantial but dunno what these ppl will say.

1 Anonymous member praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:13 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

operating costs increase.

Don't forget our annual public transport fare review. Don't know what they will say this round. I think they will say, "although fuel prices have dropped, but it's just a small portion of the overall operating costs". [laugh]

The decrease should be substantial but dunno what these ppl will say.

2BDriver and Jp66 praised this

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:09 AM

Tjkbeluga
  • Premium member
    Tjkbeluga
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Their new favourite excuse, "HEDGING"
Latio Premium Sedan

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TKK
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:56 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oil is only $$57 a barrel and I am also waiting for oil and power companies 

to lower their prices. Then the price of a lot of things will also fall

cos transport cost is substantially reduced.

:D  

RH1667 and Raymondism praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

Chucky2007
  • Premium member
    Chucky2007
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Those agencies are simply profitable... Just like in Monopoly.. always making $
有❤️就好👌
多做少说,多听👂少讲
做人吃点亏,莫占人便宜

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

Vdln0248
  • Premium member
    Vdln0248
    Clutched
    Author Image

Let's await their announcement. But don't expect a major decrease even though the drop is substantial. They will give a thousand excuses as usual. I guess when we depend on sole power supply vendor for domestic market, we are at their mercy.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:04 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Electricity tariff might drop 2 cents next quarter to make you happy.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:05 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

got drop 0.2 cents can steal laugh liao. Skali they say natural gas no drop. [laugh]

Electricity tariff might drop 2 cents next quarter to make you happy.

2BDriver and Spring praised this

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

Voodooman
  • Voodooman
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Let's await their announcement. But don't expect a major decrease even though the drop is substantial. They will give a thousand excuses as usual. I guess when we depend on sole power supply vendor for domestic market, we are at their mercy.

It will track oil prices, unlike our oil cartel, electricity price is largely determined by a formula, so cannot cheat one.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The more profit they have, the more bonus they have, why would they want to reduce their bonus???

Same line of reasoning as COE. Who doesn't want more money??

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:58 PM

Ben5266
  • Premium member
    Ben5266
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Oil is only $$57 a barrel and I am also waiting for oil and power companies 

to lower their prices. Then the price of a lot of things will also fall

cos transport cost is substantially reduced.

no lah. We will use the saving from the fuel to pay our drivers more. They need increment too right?

It will track oil prices, unlike our oil cartel, electricity price is largely determined by a formula, so cannot cheat one.

it is high time to review the formula as the energy market dynamic has evolved.....
Jamesc and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Champion of the Champions 2016 & 2017!

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:10 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Same line of reasoning as COE. Who doesn't want more money??

More is always better
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:45 PM

Kingkong
  • Premium member
    Kingkong
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Walao, you picha their lobang liao.

They thought everyone cursing at the petrol companies, they can buat bodoh...

Even if drop, they'll follow what the petrol companies do, "up-4-down-3" strategies...

For the tariffs to really come down matching current oil prices, it may take another 4 quarters, maybe?

By then, another round of fat bonus package in everyone's pocket liao...

Edited by Kingkong, 14 December 2014 - 11:52 PM.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: sp power, electricity bill and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users