Utilities Bills

Vdln0248

With the recent decline of crude oil now below US$60.00, SP Power has not make any announcement on the reduction of Electricity supply rate for next quarter? When prices on the rise, they are fast in announcing increase.

Walao, you picha their lobang liao.

They thought everyone cursing at the petrol companies, they can buat bodoh...

Even if drop, they'll follow what the petrol companies do, "up-4-down-3" strategies...

For the tariffs to really come down matching current oil prices, it may take another 4 quarters, maybe?

By then, another round of fat bonus package in everyone's pocket liao...

Edited by Kingkong

ok... power bill will go down 8%.

We will have higher deflation in 2015.....

Thats ok,

The price of other things will go up to cancel out deflation.

:D

• Praise 5

If I am elec company, I will drag as much as possible the reduction of elec bills..so that I can "profit" more during this period.

When oil prices go up, I quickly step forward to say my company will be absorbing the rise of elec bills for awhile. In this way, my company will be labelled as a "caring" company. LOL

• Praise 1

You guys should be happy they never come out and say they had been "losing money" for the past few years and "subsidizing" your bills. Now that they oil is cheaper, they can finally get some "profit" and hope that you will "bite the bullet" and allow them to increase. [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

You guys should be happy they never come out and say they had been "losing money" for the past few years and "subsidizing" your bills. Now that they oil is cheaper, they can finally get some "profit" and hope that you will "bite the bullet" and allow them to increase. [laugh] [laugh]

NB... don't give them ideas can or not? [smash]

I really don't believe fuel is only 50% of the operating expense for a power company. Especially when oil prices are still very high.

At USD20 per barrel, then 50% other expenses maybe true. But at USD100 per barrel, cannot be such a high % for other expenses.

When oil going up, it would be claimed that fuel is 80% of total expenses, coming down it is 50%....

We are being taken for a ride!

• Praise 1

I really don't believe fuel is only 50% of the operating expense for a power company. Especially when oil prices are still very high.

At USD20 per barrel, then 50% other expenses maybe true. But at USD100 per barrel, cannot be such a high % for other expenses.

When oil going up, it would be claimed that fuel is 80% of total expenses, coming down it is 50%....

We are being taken for a ride!

What can you do? In Singapore, people cannot protest about unfair treatment or practicse. Can only suck thumb [:|]

What can you do? In Singapore, people cannot protest about unfair treatment or practicse. Can only suck thumb [:|]

Like what I have mentioned previously, it is a monopolize business as we are dependent on their supply. It just does not make any sense by decreasing to only 8% when the price of oil has plunged drastically. A 12-15% would have been my expectation.
  • Praise 1

Like what I have mentioned previously, it is a monopolize business as we are dependent on their supply. It just does not make any sense by decreasing to only 8% when the price of oil has plunged drastically. A 12-15% would have been my expectation.

wah lau how can? You expect SP to make less money?

It was reported in CNA website oil prices closed the lowest since 1st May 2009. So how did SP come up to 8% reduction???? Guessing work? Where is the transparency?

With the U-Save rebate & GST payout in January, it has somehow muted the general public feedback. The timing is just PERFECT!