Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
38 replies to this topic | 48 praises

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:54 AM

Davidtkl
  • Davidtkl
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just launched.

Looks like Honda has really lost their way in the design.

This looks like a Sonata or Elantra.

new-honda-grace-hybrid-seden-03.jpg

20141031223213e85.jpg

Honda-Grace-Hybrid-interior.jpg

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

They should call it honda crap. The rear lights from the side looks like the old toyota vios. The line by the side really looks like copy from korean.

Edited by GLZT, 14 December 2014 - 10:57 AM.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:39 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What's up with honda designers nowadays?

Their office at Fukushima?
F355 and Super7 praised this

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:45 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Just launched.

Looks like Honda has really lost their way in the design.

This looks like a Sonata or Elantra.

is it 4WD meh?

really fail to understand, why does honda equip 4WD for Hybird sedan but not on Civic? 

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:52 PM

Bavarian

is it 4WD meh?
really fail to understand, why does honda equip 4WD for Hybird sedan but not on Civic? 

We r seeing the JDM catalog here. JDM models usually have 4WD to tackle the winters. The civic is probably available in 4wd for jdm. I've seen jazz with 4wd in japan.

That said, this Honda Grace seems to be another of those hair splitting effort to segment the market by Japanese manufacturers. Something they seem to relish in the past decade or so.
Dice praised this
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Is elantra ugly?

I think looks nicer than some jap models like Almera. City. Vios. Referring to same price range.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Almera is damn ugly.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

Ruzmidah
  • Premium member
    Ruzmidah
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

eh, looks like the current MIT honda city...

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:59 PM

F355
  • F355
    Supercharged
    Author Image

This one is a CITY/VIOS  " hybrid" .

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What's up with honda designers nowadays?

Their office at Fukushima?

I think they still have good designers (eg the ones who design the new Civic TypeR, or the new NSX).

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think they still have good designers (eg the ones who design the new Civic TypeR, or the new NSX).

Have but different office. Heard it's at Fukuoka.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:46 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If budget is tight , n can choose either great exterior or good r n d for engine tranny , i choose latter .
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:37 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Have but different office. Heard it's at Fukuoka.

One design office for creative minds, the other for copy-cats!!

Posted 14 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If budget is tight , n can choose either great exterior or good r n d for engine tranny , i choose latter .

I feel the same too especially if the so-called lousy design doesn't make me vomit or giddy, just slowly get used to it.
Baal praised this

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I feel the same too especially if the so-called lousy design doesn't make me vomit or giddy, just slowly get used to it.

Guess Japan not doing well.

Think Honda's better seller currently is the Oddysey. I see that this is the most common new car on the road from Honda.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:49 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

http://www.leftlanen...brid-sedan.html

This could jusy be the new Civic - replacement. Using the Jazz / Vezel's platform // (& possible same engine & CVT ?)

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:54 PM

Yaloryalor
  • Premium member
    Yaloryalor
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Honda designers are MIA. Toyota designs are much better now.
人恶人怕天不怕,人善人欺天不欺;善恶到头终有报,只争来早与来迟。

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:58 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just went to the site, noted its all Hybrid. Alamak.

http://www.hybridcar...lable-in-japan/

There’s a new hybrid sedan in Honda’s stable, the Grace Hybrid

Today Honda Motor Co., Ltd. began sales of the new Grace hybrid sedan at dealerships across Japan.

Honda declared the all-new Grace fuses together the easy handling and excellent fuel economy of a compact vehicle with the spacious cabin, stately styling, high visibility and tactile qualities and agile driving experience of an upper-middle-class sedan.

Although classified as a compact sedan, space for rear seat occupants is said by Honda to come close to that of the Accord Hybrid, a result of a long wheelbase.

The Grace is powered by Honda’s SPORT HYBRID i-DCD one-motor hybrid system. This system allows the driver to start in EV mode and combines a 1.5 liter Atkinson cycle DOHC i-VTEC four cylinder engine, seven-speed DCT with built-in high-output motor and the IPU with a built-in lithium-ion battery.

Edited by Baal, 14 December 2014 - 10:01 PM.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:07 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I certainly won't want a model named after my neighbor or acquaintance.

I certainly won't want a previously recalled drivetrain combo.

Design is not graceful either.

Almera is damn ugly.

If there's smone called atb, then there's this car called atc.
FS

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

Baal
  • Baal
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

http://paultan.org/2...an-honda-grace/

Honda City Hybrid unveiled in Japan as Honda Grace

The highly anticipated Honda City Hybrid has been unveiled in Japan, where it will be badged as the Honda Grace – a hybrid-only model. This is the same hybrid sedan model announced at the 2013 Tokyo Motor Show, which has since been confirmed for the Malaysian market.

Revealed on Honda’s domestic website, the Grace looks pretty much identical to the 2014 Honda City that we know. It has a few unique bits though – the blue-tinged bar under the grille (a common theme among Honda’s hybrids), the option for twin-projector LED headlights, LED taillamps, and a small bootlid spoiler.

Top-spec versions get the same 16-inch wheels that we have here, while others get a new 15-inch design. Also visible are aeroblade-type windscreen wipers, as opposed to the conventional units on the City. Inside, changes are limited to a new set of instrument cluster and the small gearknob shared with the Jazz Hybrid.

Little has been revealed regarding what’s under the hood, other than that it’s a Sport Hybrid i-DCD (Intelligent Dual Clutch Drive) unit. It’s more than likely that it will be the same package offered on the Jazz Hybrid and Vezel/HR-V Hybrid models – a 110 PS/134 Nm 1.5 litre i-VTEC Atkinson-cycle engine and a 29.5 PS/160 Nm electric motor built into a seven-speed twin-clutch transmission.

Cooling vents for the lithium-ion battery can be seen by the rear seats, just like on the Civic Hybrid.

A locally-assembled Honda City Hybrid will enjoy tax-free privileges here in Malaysia, at least until the end of 2015 at current regulations. If it gets here in time, it should have a very interesting price range. Could it undercut the top-spec City 1.5 V’s RM90,800 price tag?

We’ll only know Japan pricing and further details for the new Grace Hybrid when the car hits the showrooms in early December this year.

Read more: http://paultan.org/2.../#ixzz3Lsgcv0li

Toothiewabbit, Qpik and Super7 praised this

Friedrich Nietzsche

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, grace, japanese

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users