• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
30 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:43 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all, i am looking for your opinion. In recent regular maintenance, my engineer suggested me to  change the front absorber and engine mounting which cost about 1.5K inlcuding labor. I can feel the problem while driving and it is getting a little worse in the past 6 months. Howver, I am not sure whether I shall chang them now since the car is due in 3 years and I probably will change another car. what would you do if in my situation?  thanks.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 11:23 PM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hello, Firstly I dun think absorber and mounting cost that much. If it really does, you divide $1500 by 3 years. Only $500 a year / $40 a month to have a more comfortable ride. Feel what your heart says.
This method had served me well whenever I'm considering for any major repair, like you are now.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:01 AM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

do get a few quotations from other workshops although i am aware the spare parts of Honda are not cheap. if you are planning to stick with the current car for the next three years, i would think it is definitely more worthwhile to replace the parts now.

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:12 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

even u sell it b4 3yrs, at least u r doing next owner a favor, esp if u r selling by urself. but's that's me.

FS

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:59 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

thank you guys for you advice.  any reliable workshop to recommend? I am staying at CCK area..

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:25 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

changed engine mount (whole set) for my FD Civic last year at Autosaver Toh Guan, think around $800+ with AA discount.

but have to give them time to order the parts.

"old dog, new tricks ..."

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

thank you guys for you advice.  any reliable workshop to recommend? I am staying at CCK area..

you may want to consider AutoSaver or J's Garage. they are located at Toh Guan. give them a call to get a quotation first.

if you want to save some money, buy the replacement parts from a Honda stockist yourself and pay a workshop to do the replacement. Civic FD is using Showa OEM shock absorbers. not sure about Stream.

remember to go for wheel alignment if you are replacing the shock absorbers.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:53 AM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

changed engine mount (whole set) for my FD Civic last year at Autosaver Toh Guan, think around $800+ with AA discount.

for Civic FD, how many pieces of mount are there in one full set? 3 or 4?

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

thanks.

you may want to consider AutoSaver or J's Garage. they are located at Toh Guan. give them a call to get a quotation first.

if you want to save some money, buy the replacement parts from a Honda stockist yourself and pay a workshop to do the replacement. Civic FD is using Showa OEM shock absorbers. not sure about Stream.

remember to go for wheel alignment if you are replacing the shock absorbers.

IC, thank you very much.

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:36 PM

Blueray
  • Blueray
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

for Civic FD, how many pieces of mount are there in one full set? 3 or 4?

er, not sure actually ...

"old dog, new tricks ..."

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

Ichibawa
  • Premium member
    Ichibawa
    5th Gear
    Author Image

buy your parts separately from stockist then go and ask quotes from workshops. You should be able to get everything done below 1K.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

Ricktyp
  • Ricktyp
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi all, i am looking for your opinion. In recent regular maintenance, my engineer suggested me to  change the front absorber and engine mounting which cost about 1.5K inlcuding labor. I can feel the problem while driving and it is getting a little worse in the past 6 months. Howver, I am not sure whether I shall chang them now since the car is due in 3 years and I probably will change another car. what would you do if in my situation?  thanks.

Mine was the RN3 stream. 

I managed to get the shock adsorber and the engine mounting changed about the same time period as you and all in all, costs me about 1.3K as well (I got the parts from Honda stockists) and go to a reliable workshop for changing. This was slightly more than 3 years back.

If it needs to change, you have to. No choice.

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:33 PM

Zvicki
  • Premium member
    Zvicki
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Mine was the RN3 stream. 

I managed to get the shock adsorber and the engine mounting changed about the same time period as you and all in all, costs me about 1.3K as well (I got the parts from Honda stockists) and go to a reliable workshop for changing. This was slightly more than 3 years back.

If it needs to change, you have to. No choice.

thanks  for advice

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

thanks  for advice

... at auto saver, they will also tell you to change the rubber buffer when you change your absorber...it will cost u too..

Posted 23 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

West7679
  • Premium member
    West7679
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Bro, can go to ACE motorsport. I recently went there to repair engine mounting. Cost of repair plus labor is $720.

Opening hours 12pm to 12midnight. Look for Mr Lim. He will advise you on the repair.

Address is No. 1 Soon Lee Street. #01-34, Pioneer Centre, Singapore 627605. Call 63343064.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:52 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

... at auto saver, they will also tell you to change the rubber buffer when you change your absorber...it will cost u too..

Shock mount u mean?
FS

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Shock mount u mean?

..shock absorber..auto-saver advertised as promo but exclude gst and rubber buffer..

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

..shock absorber..auto-saver advertised as promo but exclude gst and rubber buffer..

I chg 3 parts top to bottom order - shock / strut mount, rubber stopper n shock. I don't think shock mount n stopper easily cui, but just chg them out since they cost 2 n 5 x lesser than shocks.
FS

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

christophor1992
  • christophor1992
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

$1.5 k is much higher for changing absorber and engine mounting. I am also recommending you to get few more quotations from other shops. I am sure you will get this service for a lesser cost than 1.5 k. I don’t have any experience with changing absorber and engine mounts. But I could say that honda parts aren’t expensive. I have a honda civic coupe which I bought as a second buyer. The majority of the checkups and services for my car are done by Apex specialized automotive Inc in Edmonton. They are specialized service center for Honda and Mitsubishi vehicles.

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:01 PM

Digthis1
  • Premium member
    Digthis1
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi TS, try calling Eng Hup Auto - you google it can get number.

I done my toyota engine mounts there with labour only about $400.

They sell parts and the workshop is a few steps away only. Very reasonable IMO.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Yi Xuan e-Trading

Yi Xuan e-Trading  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Sktan10  |  4th Gear

Actually I send an enquiry to other merchants first.Some totally no reply,some tell me my car model don't have.Only Desmond ask me the filter model no. And help me to search for it.
Of course he could find and i so happy now.Collected yesterday night.Thumb up for Desmond. » Read More

Ace Chrome & Restorations Pte Ltd

Ace Chrome & Restorations Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Jookee  |  Neutral Newbie

Submitted photos of my damaged car to them for a quote and I send it to them for the repair. My left side door and rear fender areas are damaged and I initially thought that a flawless repair would be close to impossible.

Having collected my car after 3 days (I can understand this as I know it is a tough job), I find the quality of the repair excellent. In f... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing, Power Enhancement

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, maintenance and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users