Hit & Run: Appealing for witnesses

Eddy_theddeus

Supersonic

Read this earlier in the day.

Ah Wee is very lucky to have met a good man in Mr Kulothungan.

I kena hit and run at my estate last week, why nobody come and own up to me? :TT_TT:

Actually Kulothugan is lucky to have met Mr Wee as well.

300 sgd will probably be nothing to Mr Wee but a large sum to Kul.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Actually Kulothugan is lucky to have met Mr Wee as well.

300 sgd will probably be nothing to Mr Wee but a large sum to Kul.

I guess 好心有好报...

Supercharged

Should place the article on your neighbour's windscreen... [lipsrsealed]

:secret-laugh:

Should print A2 size and slot it into all their mailboxes. Put on their windscreen wait rain, they say I vandalise.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

isn't the red taxi a refugee camp for unwanted driver?

based on my encounter i am pretty sure it was.

I guess 好心有好报...

So far, I hab shown mercy thrice in my years of car ownership, when kena minor accidents.

But this kind of favour no need to return :ph34r:

• Praise 2

Supercharged

Then maybe he can say he was focusing on the road infront. Lol.

Actually from the video footage, the taxi is rushing to cross the junction as a car is approaching fast and he could be watching the car instead of checking for pedestrian. Can also see he obviously steer straight to avoid the lady and how can he not notice and hear the side mirror flip. This driver should receive harsh punishment for hit and run and lying.

• Praise 2

Read this earlier in the day.

Ah Wee is very lucky to have met a good man in Mr Kulothungan.

I kena hit and run at my estate last week, why nobody come and own up to me? :TT_TT:

I think Mr Kulothugan's employer is truely lucky to have such a worker

• Praise 2

Ya lo. Its like they'll just try their luck lo. Nowadays most cars sound insulation very good. Even my cheap hyundai also not bad. Recently hit a bird and I didn't even know. I thought it flew away in time. Reach carpark then see the bird's blood and some feathers on the bumper.

Orrh... Nzy hit and run.... :grin::grin:

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Actually from the video footage, the taxi is rushing to cross the junction as a car is approaching fast and he could be watching the car instead of checking for pedestrian. Can also see he obviously steer straight to avoid the lady and how can he not notice and hear the side mirror flip. This driver should receive harsh punishment for hit and run and lying.

Dunno about that but in Sg it seems like if you keep denying it, and the victim cannot prove otherwise, the person will get off scott free.

My car was scratched with a sharp object when i parked at a carpark, reviewed my car cam and saw a guy walking towards my car with something like a screwdriver in his hands and when he walked past my car there was a scratching sound, but the police couldn't do anything to him because he kept denying that he scratched my car.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/appeal-for-witnesses-car-damaged-and-police-report-lodged-after-hit-and-run-at

Appeal for witnesses: Car damaged and police report lodged after hit-and-run at Elias Mall carpark

Posted on 19 July 2015 | 576 views | 2 comments

Stomper Jelyn is appealing for witnesses to a hit-and-run accident that left her car damaged yesterday morning (Jul 18).

The incident took place at the multi-storey carpark of Block 624A, Elias Road. A police report has been made.

Said the Stomper:

"We brought our kids to see a doctor at Elias Mall and parked our car at the multi-storey carpark of Block 624A, Elias Road on Deck 1, Lot 14 between 10am-12.30pm today on 18 July, Saturday.

"We came back to the car only to realise that someone had done a 'hit & run' on our vehicle.

"We do not have any in-car camera to record this incident.

"We realised that the cars parked opposite us did not have any in-car cameras installed too when we wanted to see if we could approach any of them to check if their camera could have recorded the incident.

"The carpark does not come equipped with CCTV too, to our dismay.

"We have since lodged a police report even though we know that the chances of them finding the culprit are slim.

"We are hoping to tap onto the power of social media to appeal for eye-witnesses to this incident."

The Stomper also posted about the incident on Facebook and urged for people to share it so as to spread awareness.

• Praise 4

Supercharged

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/appeal-for-witnesses-car-damaged-and-police-report-lodged-after-hit-and-run-at

Appeal for witnesses: Car damaged and police report lodged after hit-and-run at Elias Mall carpark

Posted on 19 July 2015 | 576 views | 2 comments

Stomper Jelyn is appealing for witnesses to a hit-and-run accident that left her car damaged yesterday morning (Jul 18).

The incident took place at the multi-storey carpark of Block 624A, Elias Road. A police report has been made.

Said the Stomper:

"We brought our kids to see a doctor at Elias Mall and parked our car at the multi-storey carpark of Block 624A, Elias Road on Deck 1, Lot 14 between 10am-12.30pm today on 18 July, Saturday.

"We came back to the car only to realise that someone had done a 'hit & run' on our vehicle.

"We do not have any in-car camera to record this incident.

"We realised that the cars parked opposite us did not have any in-car cameras installed too when we wanted to see if we could approach any of them to check if their camera could have recorded the incident.

"The carpark does not come equipped with CCTV too, to our dismay.

"We have since lodged a police report even though we know that the chances of them finding the culprit are slim.

"We are hoping to tap onto the power of social media to appeal for eye-witnesses to this incident."

The Stomper also posted about the incident on Facebook and urged for people to share it so as to spread awareness.

Please loh...

bMm.jpg

I lodged my complaint 2 week ago and even provided pictures of suspects... until now the IO also never call me.

Lesson is, installing a car cam is cheaper than making repairs. :TT_TT:

• Praise 3

Sometimes I think That with all these many cases of hit and runs Everyday , our police don't need to catch crooks Liao. Where got time ?!

Edited by Ingenius
  • Praise 4

BMW driver reverses into parked car and drives off -- then tries to intimidate witness after getting caught
Posted on 8 December 2015 | 10,909 views | 51 comments

vlcsnap-2015-12-08-10h42m47s44.jpg    
BMW driver reverses into parked car and drives off -- then tries to intimidate witness after getting caught
A BMW driver reversed into a parked car at a carpark, then tried to drive away from the scene before noticing that a passer-by was taking a video of the incident.

A video clip of the incident was posted on Beh Chia Lor - Singapore Road by Dennis Tan.

The page admin posted a message along with video, saying that the driver of BMW SDQ6808K tried to intimidate the witness after the incident after he realised he was being filmed.

The witness of the incident left this message for the victim:

"The driver of SDQ6808K reversed and hit your parked car. He drove to the exit after hitting your car and came out to check the damage on his own car when he thought no one was watching.

"When he saw me taking photos of him, he got anxious and started taking videos and said that he wanted to sue me for filming him. As he drove off, he said see you in court.

"We didn't leave our contact for you because we were worried that he will come back and make trouble with our numbers. But I managed to track down video footage for you and made a police report."

The administrators of Beh Chia Lor - Singapore Roads also made an appeal for the victim and other witnesses to contact them and provide more information for the police report.

post-1109-0-58477200-1449622169.jpeg

• Praise 1

Sometimes I think That with all these many cases of hit and runs Everyday , our police don't need to catch crooks Liao. Where got time ?!

Traffic hit-and-run cases is under the purview of the Traffic Police (TP).

Those involved in traffic hit-and-run cases are usually known as "traffic offenders", and not "crooks". 

So catching traffic offenders will come under TP.  Catching "crooks" should be under the purview of the other Police departments such as the:

- Criminal Investigation Department (C.I.D.);

- Neighbourhood Police Centres (NPCs);

- Neighbourhood Police Posts (NPPs);

- Commercial Affairs Department (C.A.D.);

- Police Coast Guard (PCG aka Marine Police); and etc.

So I think, still can cope la..... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4