Toyota Mark X - Maintenance and Servicing

Geniuspear

Just purchased my mark x not too long ago... was reading online and realise that mark x beside standard oil change need to change rear axle oil... asked ex owner and he say he nv do that before. he also told me that his spark plug not changed since day 1 as can last 100k. Current milage is 115k. No wonder the car is very sluggish... now i thinking he prolly skip many other required maintenance for mark x...

Was wondering any fellow X owner here can enlighten me and the estimation for the cost so that wont kana chop carrot.

Thanks!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

All depends if u hv a trusted workshop u go to every time............ if u like to hop workshop to workshop then hv to do more price checking fm different workshop.

Off hand I only can recommend Auto Wheels at No1, Bt Batok Cres, #02-38, WCEGA, Singapore 658064 (Tel 6679 4101). Look for Louis or Ah Ming.

Good luck, cheers [:)]

• Praise 5

TS, thumb rule when u get resale car.

Change all the liquid in the car.

Example : brake fluid,steering fluid, coolant, engine oil etc

Change spark plug, check brake pad and rotor.

get the parts from Ric tat at owen road. I went down two days ago. Boss going for holidays. call b4 you go down.

• Praise 1

Can consider to go Chin Auto in Sin Ming. Many Mark X and IS250 go to him. He is especially familiar with these 2 models. Price wise is reasonable.

I'll second that, Chin knows the characteristics of this family of cars (Lexus IS/GS, Toyota Mark X/Crown) well. If you want to save some money and if you know what spares you need, you can even buy your own parts and he will just charge you labour.

Bring some yellow coolant to quench his thirst and he will be even more pleased with you... :)

• Praise 1

Just purchased my mark x not too long ago... was reading online and realise that mark x beside standard oil change need to change rear axle oil... asked ex owner and he say he nv do that before. he also told me that his spark plug not changed since day 1 as can last 100k. Current milage is 115k. No wonder the car is very sluggish... now i thinking he prolly skip many other required maintenance for mark x...

Was wondering any fellow X owner here can enlighten me and the estimation for the cost so that wont kana chop carrot.

Thanks!

TS, I hope you would have gotten all the basic maintenance stuff done on your X by now. You should have changed 3 oils (engine, gearbox, axle $150-$200+ depending on type of engine oil), changed plugs (costs $200+), decarbonising ($150+), changed oil/air/aircon filters. No timing belt to worry about though.

Check condition of brake rotor/pads, shock absorbers, suspension arms and bushes, rear axle bushes, engine/gearbox mounts and wheel bearings. Then do a 4-wheel alignment.

Your 1st comprehensive service should set you back about $700-$1000.

Don't know what you mean by the car being very sluggish, cos it shouldn't be, with 212bhp and 260Nm of torque.

If you need more advice post here or PM me. I know the Mark X quite well, having owned one before.

• Praise 1

TS, I hope you would have gotten all the basic maintenance stuff done on your X by now. You should have changed 3 oils (engine, gearbox, axle $150-$200+ depending on type of engine oil), changed plugs (costs $200+), decarbonising ($150+), changed oil/air/aircon filters. No timing belt to worry about though.

Check condition of brake rotor/pads, shock absorbers, suspension arms and bushes, rear axle bushes, engine/gearbox mounts and wheel bearings. Then do a 4-wheel alignment.

Your 1st comprehensive service should set you back about $700-$1000.

Don't know what you mean by the car being very sluggish, cos it shouldn't be, with 212bhp and 260Nm of torque.

If you need more advice post here or PM me. I know the Mark X quite well, having owned one before.

Spark plugs for $200+? I would rather buy parts and change it at the WS @ upper Thomson road Caltex with labour roughly ard $20

Edited by Zmwang
  • Praise 1

(edited)

New improved spark plugs model for Toyota 2.5L and 3.5L GR series engine.

The 0.4mm tip Denso Iridium TT

post-3533-0-36632800-1468286729_thumb.jpg

Edited by Trex101

Neutral Newbie

Hi, im driving toyota camry now, planning to up grade to mark x, can share some info with me about mark x need to pay more attention on what commons issue and etc... thanks all x owner.

• Praise 1

Hi All,
I brought this Toyota mark x 2004 basic model .Excellent car apart from recently the engine check lights started to go ,got it diagnosed and found out the oxygen sensor is stuffed.Just trying to find the part number for it ,anyone got any idea.
Thanks In Advance.

Timmy

• Praise 1

Hi,
I brought this Toyota mark x 2004 basic model .Excellent car apart from recently the engine check lights started to go ,got it diagnosed and found out the oxygen sensor is stuffed.Just trying to find the part number for it ,anyone got any idea.
Thanks In Advance.

Timmy

• Praise 1

Spark plugs for $200+? I would rather buy parts and change it at the WS @ upper Thomson road Caltex with labour roughly ard $20

Its a V engine, lug replacement not so straightforward, labour should be around 80