Lift Out-of-Order!

Neutrino

A bit ironic leh.......dun mind workout at gym but mind walking up stairs? [dizzy]

Think Mcf can take over that all in one dept

Everything fr baby, lift, mistress, divorce, photo by lta post here.

This shd be the command post. All can find here

• Praise 3

Supercharged

I think have the number la but TS mention he never bring handphone to gym so cannot call.

That was one of the reasons why my parents decided that when we are buying a flat, must get one below the 10th floor. Incase these kind of stuff happens.

TS, my bad, sorry.

So command post gave impression that the place is "condo-managed" style that causes residents to have "somebody, anybody, nobody" attitude towards that place ah. So, remove command post then community spirit will return. N do it fast before a fire breaks out n everybody relies on other body ended up nobody do it scenario again.

• Praise 1

So I just got back from the gym and go to get into the lift AND it's not working, no power.

So I try the other lift lobby. No power.

No mobile phone because I've gone to the gym.

So I find the 'Command Post'. That's a joke of a name.

Inside there are 3 people. None of them doing anything.

But when I ask if they can do anything about the lift, 'it's not their problem go to HDB'.

Can they phone HDB and inform them the lifts aren't working?

'Not our problem go to HDB'.

Marvelous.

So I walk up to my floor, it's above 30.

On the way up there are a few people coming down. One woman well over 70, ok it's her decision to walk down.

But what a state of affairs and it's the same for all as far as I can see, all official bodies in Singapore, today.

Not our problem contact so and so.

I do not encourage making people losing their livelihood.

But please ask your Town Council or Management Committee to

Sack them.

They are supposed to be the 1st party to inform all the necessary department/people.

Not sit there watch CCTV, but don't know what is going on, and the only time they leave their air-conditioned command post is to eat, piss and smoke.

• Praise 1

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/pap-town-councils-to-allocate-45m-to-enhance-lift-safety-042052745.html

Abit sceptical.. Not as if lift is a very new technology, lift had been invented very long ago and we had been using it for donkey of years. Then suddenly there are so many lift incidents recently. Then with the taskforce investigation they propose spend more money on maintenance, more money on providing real life update on lift incident ( both are good), however one thing they did not mentioned on the lift itself. Maybe it's like a Rouge train that cause the signal problem in circle line. ( Heng dsta engineer found the root course). For the lift incidents I still think they have not found the root cause why suddenly so many lift incidents and only implement measures to improve on maintenance aspect ( maintenance maybe part or no part of the cause of random lift incident.) .

Maybe they need to hire those very intelligent dsta engineers again to find the root cause of problem for random lift breakdown? If not in future there maybe still so many random lift breakdown eventhough maintenance regime for lift is very intensive.. Hmm..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Another HDB block hit by Sigma lift malfunction

Another case of malfunctioning lifts by Sigma Elevator has surfaced - this time at Block 805D, Keat Hong Close in Choa Chu Kang, leaving residents with just one of two lifts working until at least next month.

The Chua Chu Kang Town Council said it has been working with the lift manufacturer to hasten the process of shipping the required lift parts here.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/housing/another-hdb-block-hit-by-sigma-lift-malfunction

• Praise 2

Sigma lifts are really terrible.  My old work place has them, they were slow, unreliable and have flawed logic coordinating the lifts.  Plus downright dangerous - the doors would close with full force and not sensing any passenger, trapping poor office girls who are not strong enough to push them back.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/pap-town-councils-to-allocate-45m-to-enhance-lift-safety-042052745.html

Abit sceptical.. Not as if lift is a very new technology, lift had been invented very long ago and we had been using it for donkey of years. Then suddenly there are so many lift incidents recently. Then with the taskforce investigation they propose spend more money on maintenance, more money on providing real life update on lift incident ( both are good), however one thing they did not mentioned on the lift itself. Maybe it's like a Rouge train that cause the signal problem in circle line. ( Heng dsta engineer found the root course). For the lift incidents I still think they have not found the root cause why suddenly so many lift incidents and only implement measures to improve on maintenance aspect ( maintenance maybe part or no part of the cause of random lift incident.) .

Maybe they need to hire those very intelligent dsta engineers again to find the root cause of problem for random lift breakdown? If not in future there maybe still so many random lift breakdown eventhough maintenance regime for lift is very intensive.. Hmm..

all this how siao one lah ...

nothing happen, everyone keep fingers crossed and happy ...

once accident happen, then scramble. frankly, even with the certs back in the lifts now, dunno really got inspect one or not.

the other day I went to this industrial estate to collect something ...and the lift was down !! I was there a few months back and it was already down then ! knn ... 6th floor ... about 12 storeys high !!

Sigma lifts are really terrible.  My old work place has them, they were slow, unreliable and have flawed logic coordinating the lifts.  Plus downright dangerous - the doors would close with full force and not sensing any passenger, trapping poor office girls who are not strong enough to push them back.

why did they buy sigma leh since they are a subsidiary or otis? it is the regulatory body that is too lax to allow cheap products into singapore. dumping ground har?