Lift Out-of-Order!

Neutrino

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/pap-town-councils-to-allocate-45m-to-enhance-lift-safety-042052745.html

Abit sceptical.. Not as if lift is a very new technology, lift had been invented very long ago and we had been using it for donkey of years. Then suddenly there are so many lift incidents recently. Then with the taskforce investigation they propose spend more money on maintenance, more money on providing real life update on lift incident ( both are good), however one thing they did not mentioned on the lift itself. Maybe it's like a Rouge train that cause the signal problem in circle line. ( Heng dsta engineer found the root course). For the lift incidents I still think they have not found the root cause why suddenly so many lift incidents and only implement measures to improve on maintenance aspect ( maintenance maybe part or no part of the cause of random lift incident.) .

Maybe they need to hire those very intelligent dsta engineers again to find the root cause of problem for random lift breakdown? If not in future there maybe still so many random lift breakdown eventhough maintenance regime for lift is very intensive.. Hmm..

be skeptical no more. This explains everything

Sigma lift manufacturer - No.1 Chinese Elevator Exporter

Need to relook at the tender evaluation matrix again and check how the team arrived at this award.

be skeptical no more. This explains everything

Sigma lift manufacturer - No.1 Chinese Elevator Exporter

Need to relook at the tender evaluation matrix again and check how the team arrived at this award.

Lift companies are well known to slaughter you after you buy. If you go for comprehensive maintenance contract, don't ever let water gets into it or damages caused by 3rd parties. Suddenly everything in there need to be replaced so that they get a new lift to reduce their maintenance cost.

If they are maintaining under their cost, they will delay everything till it breakdown. Non comprehensive maintenance contract, they will tell you everything must buy from them at ridiculous pricing even if the product is not by them. 

Someone said this to me and I find it is very valid. Some products used in Europe, they ensure the right tools and fittings are used because labour cost is high. They must ensure it last and don't require regular maintenance and replacement. Over here, with low labour cost, they simply choose the cheapest and let it breakdown and repair. So, doesn't mean you have purchased a good product, the installation is still very much different. 

• Praise 2

why did they buy sigma leh since they are a subsidiary or otis? it is the regulatory body that is too lax to allow cheap products into singapore. dumping ground har? 

must check ACRA .....who is Sigma Directors and who they are related to.

Till now, never see Cheng Hu fine them deeply.

• Praise 3

Once HDB sent people to do survey at my block regarding lift service quality, not sure what has happened since as now the lifts are becoming even worse now.

today lifts sent signals back to HQ whenever they have problems. still need to do survey har hahaha. of course data can be for show or for improvement lah

today lifts sent signals back to HQ whenever they have problems. still need to do survey har hahaha. of course data can be for show or for improvement lah

for show lo, need to do something ma...
  • Praise 1

The lifts at my block can't handle more than three buttons input. Any rider push another button after three, all buttons lights off and lift standstill. Seems like a spam-proof lift. [laugh]  

The lifts at my block can't handle more than three buttons input. Any rider push another button after three, all buttons lights off and lift standstill. Seems like a spam-proof lift. [laugh]  

So jialat?  :wacko:

• Praise 1

can pull prank haha... but seriously how can have this kind of lift... HDB and TC should really look into this. btw what brand lift ah?
  • Praise 1

Lift companies are well known to slaughter you after you buy. If you go for comprehensive maintenance contract, don't ever let water gets into it or damages caused by 3rd parties. Suddenly everything in there need to be replaced so that they get a new lift to reduce their maintenance cost.

If they are maintaining under their cost, they will delay everything till it breakdown. Non comprehensive maintenance contract, they will tell you everything must buy from them at ridiculous pricing even if the product is not by them.

Someone said this to me and I find it is very valid. Some products used in Europe, they ensure the right tools and fittings are used because labour cost is high. They must ensure it last and don't require regular maintenance and replacement. Over here, with low labour cost, they simply choose the cheapest and let it breakdown and repair. So, doesn't mean you have purchased a good product, the installation is still very much different.

It is not just about the service contract and the scope of coverage lah. What was pointed out in the article was that spares are not available locally.

i don’t care whether spares are stored in the inventory of Sigma ie ex stocks or maintained under EMU under consignment basis, more importantly so many lifts were ordered but no spares?

Has anyone defined the list of consumables and non consumable parts? Within the pool of non consumable parts, Sigma should tell EMU which are the top failure parts and designate these as critical spares.

So what if they promise you the sky for the service contract with ex gratia terms? No spares means your lift uptime is screwed!

It is not just Sigma with such problems especially if they are not the big players here. For some of these parts that are less likely to fail, they will ship them over as and when required. Common with major plant/equipment.

So, when architect design a building, they should always plan for contigency. Even if they don't break down, they also need to be shut down for maintenance/replacement of worn out parts.

my block sigma lift also tok kong.

press close, it wont close.

must wait for it to close on it own.

At least yours still can close and go up and down safely. Others not as fortunate as you as theirs more serious about is safety concerns. Just wait for few seconds more for it to close lor.

my block sigma lift also tok kong.

press close, it wont close.

must wait for it to close on it own.

Lol.. Experience the same before.

Must wait until it start the overdue beep then gam wan slowly close.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1