Housing agent did not submit OTP to HDB

Kezg1

Asking on behalf for a friend on the above mentioned. He and the seller have signed the OTP but the

Agent failed to submit the necessary to HDB for the process that requires for appointment and the 2 months have just lapsed. At this juncture , what should my friend do....thanks in advance for any feedback that will help in this case...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Asking on behalf for a friend on the above mentioned. He and the seller have signed the OTP but the

Agent failed to submit the necessary to HDB for the process that requires for appointment and the 2 months have just lapsed. At this juncture , what should my friend do....thanks in advance for any feedback that will help in this case...

first locate agent and ask the agent why and if it an acceptable reason and does not give any party problems then, get him to submit immediately by informing his agency to ensure expedition.

If really bullcrap and not acceptable plus give attitude, then no choice make the necessary complaint to the licencing body, kiauw his licence lor.... Sigh....

Then re-sign OTP since willing buyer and seller and resubmit docs on your own.

Note: i never transact HdB before so i am not sure of procedures and rules

Edited by Throttle2

If your friend feels there is a need, he may contact CEA to report the lapse in duty fulfillment from the agent. Most of the time, it is a matter of submitting the OTP to the agency counter for them to submit the resale application which will indicate the 1st appointment date.

In the OTP itself, there is a clause stating timeline for the resale application to be submitted as well. I do not think an agent whose commission is dependable on the legal completion of the resale application will sit on the exercised OTP for such a long time. This might be a case of overlook or simply bochap.

Do the submission yourself to HDB. Then complaint to CEA. No need to pay agent commission. Save a lot :D

However in such case, you will have to redo the Resale Checklist and wait for the 8th day before the OTP can be re-exercised again. Do contact me if you need further information or guide.

Failed to submit meaning apply for the HDB resale application?

Sometimes need to see if the other party which is for his case the seller whether he have found his accommodation before submission.

Since the agent is representing him, he should check with him what is the reason for the delay.

If your friend feels there is a need, he may contact CEA to report the lapse in duty fulfillment from the agent. Most of the time, it is a matter of submitting the OTP to the agency counter for them to submit the resale application which will indicate the 1st appointment date.

In the OTP itself, there is a clause stating timeline for the resale application to be submitted as well. I do not think an agent whose commission is dependable on the legal completion of the resale application will sit on the exercised OTP for such a long time. This might be a case of overlook or simply bochap.

Thanks All for the reply...the agent was from the seller side doing this submission and I presumed the seller might have another buyer with a higher price than my friend....so all bull n crab stories n lastly the time lapsed. It seems that nothing much can be done except some of the suggestions given above n I will advise friend ....Thanks again

However in such case, you will have to redo the Resale Checklist and wait for the 8th day before the OTP can be re-exercised again. Do contact me if you need further information or guide.

ok noted..n thanks

• Praise 1

Thanks All for the reply...the agent was from the seller side doing this submission and I presumed the seller might have another buyer with a higher price than my friend....so all bull n crab stories n lastly the time lapsed. It seems that nothing much can be done except some of the suggestions given above n I will advise friend ....Thanks again

Whatever it is, report the agent. Don't let him get off scot free.

report the agent ...

don't let him smoke the bull crap out of your friend

by not reporting him means encouraging him the "scam" method he is doing now

• Praise 1

report the agent ...

don't let him smoke the bull crap out of your friend

by not reporting him means encouraging him the "scam" method he is doing now

..will ask friend to write to propnex hq...and also to Cea....thanks

Report the agent to CEA. He maybe thinking he is helping his client but they need to play by the book, not take ur friend for a ride and cost him to miss out on other potential purchase.

System is there for a reason. Since after all the training he cant differentiate right and wrong, TS friend should help him.

• Praise 1

ok noted..n thanks

no wonder so streange one, got no submit otp

isst the 1M bishan hdb [sly]

If this is the case, agent seems quite stupid as his commission should not vary much unless the new purchase price is sky high?

Why risk his license over a few hundred dollars? (my estimate).

yalor ... how come only after 2 months then realise the agent did not submit OTP

what is the SOP duration to submit OTP and get the appointment date

TS friend is sleeping or living in a cave?

no wonder so streange one, got no submit otp

isst the 1M bishan hdb [sly]

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

yalor ... how come only after 2 months then realise the agent did not submit OTP

what is the SOP duration to submit OTP and get the appointment date

TS friend is sleeping or living in a cave?

..no ..friend have been chasing agent and ask but each time was told stories....I only happened to know last night and immediately ask forummers for feedback and advice...thks

↡ Advertisement