Big Box Retail Warehouse Opens in Jurong East Today

Boringchap

Malaysia implementing 6% GST soon

USA also has GST (depending on the state) but Amazon doesn't charge it when the goods are exported.

Same should apply if goods are exported from MY.

↡ Advertisement

Currently still have free parking, the whole place was rushing to open with many unfinished work. Dusty floor, product no price tag, etc.

Glance through a few home appliances, not much cheaper or same as courts or HN.

I doubt it will work...

My storeroom is so small. My freezer and fridge is not huge.

How to store up like the americans who have garages and freezers and tons of storage space?

Most singaporeans don't cook often, they eat out. Or else why F&B is a big business here in SG.

And u think aunties got so much time to go lug big trolleys from this place?

In singapore the way to go is smallish supermarkets regularly interspaced, then a big regional one.

Currently still have free parking, the whole place was rushing to open with many unfinished work. Dusty floor, product no price tag, etc.

Glance through a few home appliances, not much cheaper or same as courts or HN.

the kopitiam also in a mess when i visit yesterday, no signboard and some flooring not yet done.

even the parking somehow confusing, many drivers dunno where to turn, some against traffic

I observe it for about 10 mins while waiting for my parent to come back from toilet hhaha

If one thing that I like from big box will be the temporary free parking and of course the shaking bench hahaha

I was there this afternoon, it wasn't really a pleasant shopping experience. I won't comment on the pricing of their products. Only good thing was the temporary free parking as the gantry are not operational yet.

1) Lift too small, serving B1 to Level 6, and not designed for ppl who have baby stroller or grocery trolley. Trust me, taking staircases is alot faster. Unless you are taking from level 1 or level 6, you might stand a chance to squeeze inside.

2) On level 1, the Singtel reception is really really bad. I was searching for my wife and daughter for 30mins after I dropped them off and went up to Level 4 to park my car. as the place is really big.

3) The travellator only serves until level 3, food court. So dun think you u can use it to reach your carpark on level 4 and above with your trolley or baby stroller. In the end I gotta go back level 1 to return the trolley, then wait for long-awaited lift with heavy grocery in my hands.

Edited by Optramagnum
  • Praise 1

Jurong East is really getting crowded, or maybe it is the public holiday effect.

Cars waiting to get into the carparks of the various malls.

I took a short video clip while on the overhead bridge today, first day of 2015.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

the kopitiam also in a mess when i visit yesterday, no signboard and some flooring not yet done.

even the parking somehow confusing, many drivers dunno where to turn, some against traffic

I observe it for about 10 mins while waiting for my parent to come back from toilet hhaha

If one thing that I like from big box will be the temporary free parking and of course the shaking bench hahaha

Sounds like you "like" will also be temporary.... once parking is no longer free, no more "like"

btw, visits to new places like this maybe are best done about a month (or longer) when teething problems are resolved. By then the big crowd drawn by "novelty" will also be much less. Why you so kaypo and went there so urgently? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

who went NTUC at joo koon? verdict?

they sell 80cent kopi O just outside the check outs [thumbsup] [thumbsup] .... the rest of the store are not really ready, nothing much to talk about.

Turbocharged

Weekday noon is the best time to go there. Place so big, maybe will get lost somewhere inside [laugh] [laugh]

ok, next mcf gathering ----- go play hide and seek in BIGBOX!!! [grin][thumbsup]

Hypersonic

ok, next mcf gathering ----- go play hide and seek in BIGBOX!!! [grin][thumbsup]

Got chiobu xmm?

No offense to other members but I don't think I want to play hide and seek with them lor [laugh] [laugh]

Sounds like you "like" will also be temporary.... once parking is no longer free, no more "like"

btw, visits to new places like this maybe are best done about a month (or longer) when teething problems are resolved. By then the big crowd drawn by "novelty" will also be much less. Why you so kaypo and went there so urgently? [sweatdrop] [sweatdrop]

If no more free parking i rather park in westgate, easier and less confusing lol

read so many comments about " Dua Xiu ", tink will go in a later date....

parking is not cheap in either Westgate or JEM....even tink of parking at IMM and take free chartered bus to Westgate, but 2 hrs free parking seems not enough....

end up take MRT and walk song song without worries...

[:p]

Turbocharged

Got chiobu xmm?

No offense to other members but I don't think I want to play hide and seek with them lor [laugh] [laugh]

How come? I though if they wear super big / long skirt, we can go hide 'inside' the skirt and nobody will find us [thumbsup]:D

Turbocharged

parking is not cheap in either Westgate or JEM....even tink of parking at IMM and take free chartered bus to Westgate, but 2 hrs free parking seems not enough....

Exactly!!

I am going to plan some "GreenDays" in my monthly outings:- ie leave the car at home and take our world class public transport to visit such places..... no worries about parking problem, just relax and walk song song like you said!! [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

If no more free parking i rather park in westgate, easier and less confusing lol

I remember the car park in Westgate is quite user-friendly, good idea [thumbsup]

• Praise 1

I remember the car park in Westgate is quite user-friendly, good idea [thumbsup]

Yes somehow easy to park better than JEM

Song if u never buy anything haha

If groceries better drive

• Praise 1

Song if u never buy anything haha

If groceries better drive

agreed with you....

luckily I live at batok, JE to batok only 1 station [:)]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1