• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
57 replies to this topic | 114 praises

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just saw this article by a foreign GTA owner.

thought I'd post it :D

Do Share your experiences :D

My wife took the GTA to the shops and on a few errand runs today while I moved people in the bus.

She said after spending a day with it that some unusual behaviour came her way:

At junctions she was let out immediately where she'd usually end up stuck and waiting a long while. In one case, the guy who let her out waved and said Thank You to her.

She found that going along dual carriageways, cars in front veritably jumped to get out of the way.

In M and S car park, as she was prowling about trying to find a parking space, a fella waved at her as he walked towards the car park and said he was going and she could follow him back to the space he was about to vacate. Which she did.

She also said that when she started it (She tends to step on the gas when starting cars as the bus needs this to start at all) to come out of M and S a large crowd of teenage yoofs nearby cheered, smiled and waved at her.

She commented that people smiled at her and she received a number of thumbs up and waves as she prowled out and when stopped in traffic she found she was being glanced at a lot.

She was quite confused by it all.

She actually praised The Beast which is rare as I usually get more negative comments involving 'waste of time and money' and 'haven't you got anything more useful to do?' Type comments in reference to the GTA.

I was pleasantly surprised and felt the need to share. Do any of the assembled male GTAists find their ladyfolk are treated differently in a GTA than in a more day to day car. Or indeed visa-versa?

Darryn and Baal praised this
Slice without blood, Bite without marks

Posted 29 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

Knoobie
  • Premium member
    Knoobie
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

have it occurred to you that it could be because your wife is a chio bu thus the attention?

Sunburnsam and Smoothscott praised this

Doesn't mean you drive a faster car, you can travel at 70kph on a clear lane 1 with a train of cars behind you...

that is what lane 2 is for..

Posted 29 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

Sunburnsam
  • Sunburnsam
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

have it occurred to you that it could be because your wife is a chio bu thus the attention?

lol ...hahahah....to assess this properly...we need the pic of the car and wifey

Just saw this article by a foreign GTA owner.

thought I'd post it :D

Do Share your experiences :D

My wife took the GTA to the shops and on a few errand runs today while I moved people in the bus.

She said after spending a day with it that some unusual behaviour came her way:

At junctions she was let out immediately where she'd usually end up stuck and waiting a long while. In one case, the guy who let her out waved and said Thank You to her.

She found that going along dual carriageways, cars in front veritably jumped to get out of the way.

In M and S car park, as she was prowling about trying to find a parking space, a fella waved at her as he walked towards the car park and said he was going and she could follow him back to the space he was about to vacate. Which she did.

She also said that when she started it (She tends to step on the gas when starting cars as the bus needs this to start at all) to come out of M and S a large crowd of teenage yoofs nearby cheered, smiled and waved at her.

She commented that people smiled at her and she received a number of thumbs up and waves as she prowled out and when stopped in traffic she found she was being glanced at a lot.

She was quite confused by it all.

She actually praised The Beast which is rare as I usually get more negative comments involving 'waste of time and money' and 'haven't you got anything more useful to do?' Type comments in reference to the GTA.

I was pleasantly surprised and felt the need to share. Do any of the assembled male GTAists find their ladyfolk are treated differently in a GTA than in a more day to day car. Or indeed visa-versa?

Imagine if you drive the 4C ard...I wonder what is the effect lol

Quotes from Clarkson
Driving an Alfa always have something to think about...is not about when you get there BUT will I get there!

You�re not a petrolhead until you�ve owned an Alfa. Now I know what it means.

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Same, but multiply by 10 to 100 x :D
Sunburnsam praised this

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

BMW effect is total opposite of everything mentioned above.

Garage36.com

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

Celicar
  • Celicar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Per-lease.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

BMW effect is total opposite of everything mentioned above.

HAHAHAHA! except certain M's  or specifically nicely maintained older versions :D

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The alfa effect is strong especially with my wife.

My wife is unable to start my 156 whereas once I took over, the car starts.

GT's alarm went off when she starts my GT.

24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:32 PM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

To recount an experience about 5 or 6 months ago,

I was driving down orchard road and was at the traffic light outside Cathay/Dhoby Ghaut MRT.

Being a cool day, I had my windows down.
Up pulling up to my left side was a STi and tinted back windows.

Cool thing was the rear window wound down and the lady behind was giving my Super White the look over and gave it smmile and a thumbs up.

The driver, whose face I could see clearly, was rather..... not the most thrilled.

I smiled back and gave the traditional Alfa Wave (similar to the Saab, Renault and previously Mini wave).

STi driver appeared nonchalent before driving off.....

Posted 02 January 2015 - 04:56 PM

G_mann
  • G_mann
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I was driving down orchard road and was at the traffic light outside Cathay/Dhoby Ghaut MRT.

Cool thing was the rear window wound down and the lady behind was giving my Super White the look over and gave it smmile and a thumbs up.

The driver, whose face I could see clearly, was rather..... not the most thrilled.

I smiled back and gave the traditional Alfa Wave (similar to the Saab, Renault and previously Mini wave).

It's probably sour grapes....lol

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

Sunburnsam
  • Sunburnsam
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Goosh you dare to piss off a STi dude by making eye contact with his gal ....GUTS!

Quotes from Clarkson
Driving an Alfa always have something to think about...is not about when you get there BUT will I get there!

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:28 PM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

STi confirm much faster..... which is not the point ;-)

Theredstar praised this

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:34 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Goosh you dare to piss off a STi dude by making eye contact with his gal ....GUTS!

Sit behind likely not his gal bah, maybe still in wooing process.
Saabretooth praised this

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

Echo2623
  • Echo2623
    1st Gear
    Author Image

My personal encounter a few months back..

Was waiting for traffic lite to turn green outside WCEGA plaza when a Ferrari 458 pulled over to my rite n signaled me to lower the window..
"Bro I saw u drove pass eariler in WCEGA, can I know wat model ur Alfa?"
"Umm Alfa 159"
"159, thanks bro! Beautiful car!"

Lite green, I turn right n he followed behind.
I turn to my GF, "See, who says no1 appreciates Alfa"
Tat grin on my face then.. Priceless!

Damn malu thou, my pickup probably nearly stalled the poor Ferrari behind.. Lol
Sunburnsam, Naimed and Theredstar praised this
TZRR125 -> PGMF4 -> YZFR1 -> CS3 -> FD2R -> ZC31S -> AR Type 939 -> T75 -> ?

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:58 PM

Sunburnsam
  • Sunburnsam
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Sit behind likely not his gal bah, maybe still in wooing process.

Wooing in Process ....hahahaha....

Quotes from Clarkson

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

Saabretooth
  • Saabretooth
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Was at turf club looking for a parking lot for my Super White.

An Elderly gentleman and I guess, his grand son were walking around the carpark looking at cars.

And of course were distracted by the rumblings of the Busso.

Wow, that's an Alfa Ro-May-oh the Grandpa said to the child. And the kid could break eye contact with the White Princess.

Of course, as with all self respecting Alfisti, I smiled and waved to the little boy,causing him to be more thrilled, as I rev'ved her up to position her sexy bum for the available parking lot.

Co-incidentally, I was parking next to their big and established 7 series, driven possibly by the boy's father.

Ah Kong, as I would think he be known as to the boy, was happy that he shared a bit of his story to the little boy of his past flirtatous adventures with his Bella's of old :)

With that, I said good bye and left them to their Grandpa and Grandson bonding time and headed off into the sunset.. errr I mean, building....
Sunburnsam praised this

Posted 13 February 2015 - 01:52 PM

Sunburnsam
  • Sunburnsam
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

For all Alfa owners ....check out this beautiful statement in the latest 4C video.

To move a man's spirit we deal in the realm of sensation. Passions. Things that have as much to do with the heart as the head. This, is Alfa Romeo

Edited by Sunburnsam, 13 February 2015 - 01:53 PM.

Quotes from Clarkson

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

159er
  • Premium member
    159er
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sold my 159 after 9 mths ownership. Kinda of missing it. Will i be a laughing stock if i were to go out and hunt for another 159?

Since giving up my 159, i have been ogling at all the 159s i seen on the road and will mumble " what a pity "...

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

Sunburnsam
  • Sunburnsam
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Sold my 159 after 9 mths ownership. Kinda of missing it. Will i be a laughing stock if i were to go out and hunt for another 159?

Since giving up my 159, i have been ogling at all the 159s i seen on the road and will mumble " what a pity "...

Nope you get a back welcome back to the fraternity who drives their car with a heart

Perhaps look at a 3.2v of the 159 this time around.

Quotes from Clarkson

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

Rskc
  • Rskc
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Is there any reason why you sell of your ride just after 9 months? Have been toying with idea of getting one but have not taken the plunge due to no experience on reliabilty on Alfa 159. Care to share little more? :)

Back to Alfa Romeo Club  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: alfa romeo, alfa, romeo, gta and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users