• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
25 replies to this topic | 133 praises

Posted 30 December 2014 - 07:52 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Looking for brake cleaner at Toh Guan area. Anyone came across which shop selling? Pls do not recomend engine degreaser/ carb cleaner as Im not sure it will attack piston seal or any rubber parts on the caliper....

Thanks.

RH1667 praised this

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Got mine from autobacs a couple of years back. Why do you need brake cleaner? I used it when I DIY installed a set of new disc and pads. The disc was coated with a layer of oil to prevent rust.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My workshop use this to clean the brakes, oil, etc.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Tigershark1976 praised this

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Will this help to eliminate the squeaking sound of the brakes? Been wanting to get some stuff to Lub my rotor or pads 😔😔😔
2BDriver, Jamesc and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Live Well 😊

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:21 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Will this help to eliminate the squeaking sound of the brakes? Been wanting to get some stuff to Lub my rotor or pads 😔😔😔

For squeals, you need brake grease on the back of the pads and on the spring clips. Also bevel the edge of the pads might help.
FourZero and Tigershark1976 praised this

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

Kippei
  • Premium member
    Kippei
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Contact cleaner works fine

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For squeals, you need brake grease on the back of the pads and on the spring clips. Also bevel the edge of the pads might help.

Thanks. Will go to my workshop to do for me. 👍
Mercs, RH1667, Spring, Toothiewabbit, 2BDriver, Jamesc and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Live Well 😊

Posted 31 December 2014 - 03:20 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Got mine from autobacs a couple of years back. Why do you need brake cleaner? I used it when I DIY installed a set of new disc and pads. The disc was coated with a layer of oil to prevent rust.

Thanks bro, using it to clean my caliper and rotor. using aftermarket pad n its damn dusty.

Thanks bro. any idea where to get it?

nope, use copper grease to "stick" the back of the brackpad and the thin metal plate that cause the squeaking sound.

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks bro, using it to clean my caliper and rotor. using aftermarket pad n its damn dusty.

nope, use copper grease to "stick" the back of the brackpad and the thin metal plate that cause the squeaking sound.

Any idea which workshop willing to do this with a charge. So far a few shops I ask say it's like tat, meaning they don't want to do or don't know how to do. 😔
TJX, Mercs, Spring, 2BDriver and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Live Well 😊

Posted 31 December 2014 - 05:47 PM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Any idea which workshop willing to do this with a charge. So far a few shops I ask say it's like tat, meaning they don't want to do or don't know how to do. 😔

Autosaver or Riverview Auto should be able to do this for a charge. else you may check with MXTradings, which has two freelance mechanics working on Sunday only.

FourZero and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:32 PM

Johny_walker
  • Johny_walker
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Looking for brake cleaner at Toh Guan area. Anyone came across which shop selling? Pls do not recomend engine degreaser/ carb cleaner as Im not sure it will attack piston seal or any rubber parts on the caliper....
 Thanks.

I got mine from Stamford Tyres lok yang.
Tigershark1976 praised this
-Johny(杜强尼)

Posted 31 December 2014 - 08:52 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

most workshop can do it. just ask them to service your brake. problem is, not many workshop keep copper grease. its not cheap, i buy a small tube for usd9+ frm amazon. most workshop only apply general purpose lithium grease which will dry up very fast due go the heat generated frm braking.

I got mine from Stamford Tyres lok yang.

bro, may i ask how much u pay for it?
FourZero praised this

Posted 31 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hmmm, I get it from my workshop. It's good, can clean dirt, oil stains, etc.

Not really sure where else to get it.

Maybe try the marketplace?

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

Johny_walker
  • Johny_walker
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Sorry bro I don't remember how much I paid for becos I paid together with some other stuffs. The brand is Sonax. Its very effective in removing brake dust on the brake calipers aswell as rust on brake disc (rotors).
-Johny(杜强尼)

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:38 PM

StreamRSZ
  • Premium member
    StreamRSZ
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Sorry bro I don't remember how much I paid for becos I paid together with some other stuffs. The brand is Sonax. Its very effective in removing brake dust on the brake calipers aswell as rust on brake disc (rotors).

the sonax you refer to is it the wheel cleaner?

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

Johny_walker
  • Johny_walker
    1st Gear
    Author Image

the sonax you refer to is it the wheel cleaner?

No. Its not wheel cleaner. Let me search if I can find pic to show you.
Found http://professional....e-parts-cleaner
FourZero praised this
-Johny(杜强尼)

Posted 31 December 2014 - 10:48 PM

Tigershark1976
  • Premium member
    Tigershark1976
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No problem bro. thanks.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

most workshop can do it. just ask them to service your brake. problem is, not many workshop keep copper grease. its not cheap, i buy a small tube for usd9+ frm amazon. most workshop only apply general purpose lithium grease which will dry up very fast due go the heat generated frm braking.

Thanks Mate, will go check it out next week 👍

No. Its not wheel cleaner. Let me search if I can find pic to show you.
Found http://professional....e-parts-cleaner

Will tis help on removing squeaking sound or make it worst because it removes grease?
RH1667 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Live Well 😊

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Copper grease is cheap la. I still have a small pint size tub of it. I removed and fixed my rotors and pads using the grease to try to solve a clicking noise on my Corolla. In the end it was the rotor. I replaced it and the noise went away.

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Saw tis on Amazon!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

Baal, Jamesc, Tigershark1976 and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Live Well 😊

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Precise Auto Service

Precise Auto Service  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by richardng99  |  Neutral Newbie

My vehicle has problem with the air - cond so i have called to book an appointment and asked for the pricing matter. Was worried whether they would charge higher price than they mentioned on phone but the idea vanished once they billed me. The price was so reasonable. Then, for the services. The workmen helped me to check not only my defect aircond but also the whole ca... » Read More

Precise Auto Service

Precise Auto Service  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by bellbell12  |  Neutral Newbie

This company provides a fast and quality services based on my experience here. Took my car to service here and only took around few minutes to be done.

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Repair & Servicing

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, brake, cleaner and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users