Where to buy Brake cleaner

Tigershark1976

Looking for brake cleaner at Toh Guan area. Anyone came across which shop selling? Pls do not recomend engine degreaser/ carb cleaner as Im not sure it will attack piston seal or any rubber parts on the caliper....

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Got mine from autobacs a couple of years back. Why do you need brake cleaner? I used it when I DIY installed a set of new disc and pads. The disc was coated with a layer of oil to prevent rust.

My workshop use this to clean the brakes, oil, etc.

Will this help to eliminate the squeaking sound of the brakes? Been wanting to get some stuff to Lub my rotor or pads 😔😔😔

• Praise 3

Will this help to eliminate the squeaking sound of the brakes? Been wanting to get some stuff to Lub my rotor or pads 😔😔😔

For squeals, you need brake grease on the back of the pads and on the spring clips. Also bevel the edge of the pads might help.

• Praise 2

For squeals, you need brake grease on the back of the pads and on the spring clips. Also bevel the edge of the pads might help.

Thanks. Will go to my workshop to do for me. 👍

• Praise 7

Got mine from autobacs a couple of years back. Why do you need brake cleaner? I used it when I DIY installed a set of new disc and pads. The disc was coated with a layer of oil to prevent rust.

Thanks bro, using it to clean my caliper and rotor. using aftermarket pad n its damn dusty.

My workshop use this to clean the brakes, oil, etc.

Thanks bro. any idea where to get it?

nope, use copper grease to "stick" the back of the brackpad and the thin metal plate that cause the squeaking sound.

Thanks bro, using it to clean my caliper and rotor. using aftermarket pad n its damn dusty.

nope, use copper grease to "stick" the back of the brackpad and the thin metal plate that cause the squeaking sound.

Any idea which workshop willing to do this with a charge. So far a few shops I ask say it's like tat, meaning they don't want to do or don't know how to do. 😔

• Praise 5

Any idea which workshop willing to do this with a charge. So far a few shops I ask say it's like tat, meaning they don't want to do or don't know how to do. 😔

Autosaver or Riverview Auto should be able to do this for a charge. else you may check with MXTradings, which has two freelance mechanics working on Sunday only.

• Praise 2

Looking for brake cleaner at Toh Guan area. Anyone came across which shop selling? Pls do not recomend engine degreaser/ carb cleaner as Im not sure it will attack piston seal or any rubber parts on the caliper....

Thanks.

I got mine from Stamford Tyres lok yang.

• Praise 1

most workshop can do it. just ask them to service your brake. problem is, not many workshop keep copper grease. its not cheap, i buy a small tube for usd9+ frm amazon. most workshop only apply general purpose lithium grease which will dry up very fast due go the heat generated frm braking.

I got mine from Stamford Tyres lok yang.

bro, may i ask how much u pay for it?

• Praise 1

Hmmm, I get it from my workshop. It's good, can clean dirt, oil stains, etc.

Not really sure where else to get it.

Maybe try the marketplace?

Sorry bro I don't remember how much I paid for becos I paid together with some other stuffs. The brand is Sonax. Its very effective in removing brake dust on the brake calipers aswell as rust on brake disc (rotors).

Sorry bro I don't remember how much I paid for becos I paid together with some other stuffs. The brand is Sonax. Its very effective in removing brake dust on the brake calipers aswell as rust on brake disc (rotors).

the sonax you refer to is it the wheel cleaner?

• Praise 1

No problem bro. thanks.

most workshop can do it. just ask them to service your brake. problem is, not many workshop keep copper grease. its not cheap, i buy a small tube for usd9+ frm amazon. most workshop only apply general purpose lithium grease which will dry up very fast due go the heat generated frm braking.

Thanks Mate, will go check it out next week 👍

No. Its not wheel cleaner. Let me search if I can find pic to show you.

Found http://professional.sonax.com/Product-Search/(node)/13275/836400-SONAX-PROFESSIONAL-Brake-parts-cleaner

Will tis help on removing squeaking sound or make it worst because it removes grease?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2