Hit By Driver Without License

Pelican

Hi,

I've been hit by a driver without license.

From what i've read, i am unable to claim against insurance of that car since it is driven by someone no license.

Can anyone advise what can i do?

Civil suit against the driver without license?

Will my car insurance company help me initiate the civil suit or i need to find a lawyer myself ?

↡ Advertisement

Scary man, no license . . . .

can give some idea of the driver- - - age of driver, car, was he scared?

and how it happened.

• Praise 1

should have called mata on the spot.

Hi,

From what i've read, i am unable to claim against insurance of that car since it is driven by someone no license.

Will my car insurance company help me initiate the civil suit or i need to find a lawyer myself ?

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

Yep

After the fact driver denies then how?

Was it never hold license or license sis pendent?

Yes, totally agreed with bro here...

if the culprit dare driving without licence.... high chance of him chut pattern...

Oops! 1st day of 2015... [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

got get personal details of the driver?

Beside personal details of the one who drive, you must not forget to snap pictures of him and her, if not.......... few months later, TP will write to inform you the driver reported in the traffic accident is with the name of Barrack Obama :o

• Praise 1

they will go after the owner unless the car is proven stolen....

police report and insurance report, high chances they will offer to repair your car if the father or family is the owner...

Can the police arrest the person without license on the spot and charge formally?

Driving without license is not an arrest-able offense. However we won't know if he is driving without the owners consent or stole the car. Poh mata on the spot!

• Praise 1

(edited)

the accident happen at expressway. heavy traffic.

the front car slowing down, i also slowing down.

me and front car, there is about half car length distance, then complete stop due to heavy traffic. suddenly bump by a car at the back which push my car and bump front car slightly.

it is consider a minor accident. nobody injured.

back car driver come down immediately apologize, look about 25 years old young man and look nervous. he said he didnt bring ic and didnt bring car license. he wanted to private settlement.

but 1st car dont want private settlement, he wanna claim insurance, and 1st car went off.

me (2nd car), i cannot private settlement, so i told him i need to claim his insurance. he keep on begging me to private settlement. i said chain collision, if 1 party claim, all will need to claim.

i took down his car plate, take photo and stuff. LTA also came assist. then i went off wanting to claim his insurance.

later that day, police called me said that the driver that hit me got no license, ask me to make a formal police report, provide evidence and probably be a witness. LTA probably alerted police after talking to that last car guy.

shit man, after some reading, i realize since that driver no license, i cannot claim the last car insurance. and the 1st car will claim my insurance.

now, i am at a lost.

if i claim my own insurance for the repair, can i ask my insurance company to help sue the unlicensed driver?

or do i need to engage a random lawyer to sue the unlicensed driver myself?

it is a very straight forward case, he bump my rear, head to rear.

if civil suit, will the legal cost be high? can i include my legal fee in the damages. bcos 1st car claim my insurance, i also need to include that in the damages.

1st car claim my insurance and if i claim my own insurance in this circumstances, will my NCD be affected? i am not at fault at all.

Edited by Pelican
  • Praise 1

If you can prove that the chain accident is not a fault if yours... Your NCD will not be affected. Must insist it's no fault of yours.. Regardless if you make your own claim or first car claim you or claim third car.

now, i am at a lost.

if i claim my own insurance for the repair, can i ask my insurance company to help sue the unlicensed driver?

or do i need to engage a random lawyer to sue the unlicensed driver myself?

Is insurance coverage that complicated?

No license is for police to deal.

The other car should be insured?

Hi,

Yo bro, is this the youth? Police is looking for him.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/police-seeking-for-information-about-youth-driving-car-without-licence-posted-on

↡ Advertisement