Road Tax Expires 2nd March But COE Expires 10th March

Rogersk8ter

As per the title, I shd scrap the car before 2nd March right?

but after my calculation(not sure im right), im better off driving till the coe ends even after pay one more week of road tax which i chk from onemotoring is $36, and one more week of insurance (not sure how much).

anyone in such situation before?

advice pls? tks.

↡ Advertisement

Insurance company can make exceptions due to coe or road tax. You should have no problem extending it for a week I suppost.

The last time I extended the insurance by 1 month to match the road tax, it cost me 12% of the annual premium. It was much more expensive when I divided the annual premium by 12 month which is only 8.3%.

Edited by Pms

Twincharged

Just scrap before 2nd march. IMO no point going through all the trouble just to drive for one more week.

As per the title, I shd scrap the car before 2nd March right?

but after my calculation(not sure im right), im better off driving till the coe ends even after pay one more week of road tax which i chk from onemotoring is $36, and one more week of insurance (not sure how much).

anyone in such situation before?

advice pls? tks.

Was told better to scrap earlier to get better value for your car body, if last day, scrap car dealers might demand for payment to take your car in, lan lan you also must give. Edited by Voodooman

I wouldn't . Not worth all the hassles for one extra week .

I'm amazed at the effort to even think of saving those few dollars!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

how come Road tax and COE dont match? Is this the 2nd COE?

If you are going to drive for the extra 1 week.

Must buy insurance for 1 year. After car is scrap, then you will get the balance (prorate). I think penalty is 20%. But if use back same insurance company for the next car, no penalty.

Noted with tks guys!

Hoping to enjoy one more week of my ride before i start taking public transport..lol

will decide if getting a car again at a later stage..

I am just wondering how you've come to this situation! How come the road tax expires before coe? Had the car been laid in workshop before?

Noted with tks guys!

Hoping to enjoy one more week of my ride before i start taking public transport..lol

will decide if getting a car again at a later stage..

Just remember that If you are buying a new car > 1 year after you scrap your current car, your NCD will be voided.

I'm amazed at the effort to even think of saving those few dollars!

Dollars and cents not a lot, about 200 bucks for a week, but having a car (versus public transport) is "priceless". LOL

Edited by Voodooman

Dollars and cents not a lot, about 200 bucks for a week, but having a car (versus public transport) is "priceless". LOL

Ok ok I do my gd part of giving my coffee allowance

Or start crowd funding?

haha....u guys are helpful...always been squeezed hard by G so much, now learn to squeeze the situation mah..

i really no idea why coe n rd tax dont expire at the same time....bought this car from my brother inlaw.

as for the ncd...yes noted. kanna this before when i switched to driving a van. when i bought a private car, ncd gone!

I think you be better off taking MRT, then sit back and decide if you gonna get a car again,

watch the world go by in buses, trains and taxi - it quite fun actually- I did on few occasions when i parked my car town, took mrt to see shenton way, only DGhaut station was haywires to me [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement