Trajet gearbox leaking

Freak

3rd Gear

Hi senior, U r the man!!

your trajet is ready a jet!!

:-)

About 2 yrs after the ECU tunning, the engine got overheating issue, suffer a crack radiator the next day after coming back to SG from a 3D2N stay in Genting.

So have to replace radiator and top overhaul, found out that the cylinder head got a bit warp, so have to skim about 1 to 2mm off. After that, the engine is running at a slightly higher CR than stock.

↡ Advertisement

About 2 yrs after the ECU tunning, the engine got overheating issue, suffer a crack radiator the next day after coming back to SG from a 3D2N stay in Genting.

So have to replace radiator and top overhaul, found out that the cylinder head got a bit warp, so have to skim about 1 to 2mm off. After that, the engine is running at a slightly higher CR than stock.

Wow. So I guess the ecu tuning causes all this problem?

3rd Gear

Wow. So I guess the ecu tuning causes all this problem?

a lot of rust was found at the inside bottom of the radiator so water flow isn't that good

a lot of rust was found at the inside bottom of the radiator so water flow isn't that good

I have a similar problem with my old scrapped trajet

All started with a intermittent failing radiator fan, it work for a while and then die

Was travelling from KL to Malacca, got stuck in a jam in Malacca, then can see steam coming out of my bonnet and temperature gauge was max

Turn off engine immediately, manage to park somewhere and check

Radiator cap disappear !

Seems that radiator cap burst out due to extreme high temperature

Manage to buy a radiator cap in Malacca

Still dunno the damage, top up water and still manage to travel around and back to Singapore

But water keep disappearing and top up very frequent

Feel that something not right

Went to workshop to check

Radiator leak due to expanded by high temp and fan confirm not moving any more

Worse part is the extreme heat cause some wiring behind the fuse box to melt and causing some funny electronic issues.

Heng is that, engine not damage, replace both items and do some rewiring and problem solved

Point to take note, if radiator have rusty water, most probably there is some leaks some where that cause air to be mixed and cause the rust

Better go WS to check, they can do pressure test to find out the leaks and repair accordingly else later part cause engine to overhead will be a bigger issue

Supersonic

My jet was scrapped with 5 mths left cos overheating. Workshop say change everything - radiator (leak), hoses, thermostat and what not for 1.5k [:/]

My jet was scrapped with 5 mths left cos overheating. Workshop say change everything - radiator (leak), hoses, thermostat and what not for 1.5k [:/]

Preventive maintenance is a must for all cars lor

But some time we think, nothing wrong why change ?

Then comes the COE ending part, less then one year, never mind lah

then come less them 6 months, those problem start creeping up until U buay tahan

Same for me also lor

I scrap my trajet with 4 months more to go as I go fedup with every now and then issues starts to pop up.

best thing is I change the spark plug cables and head for $280 and then the next week scrap the car, seow lor

But I did change one round of all hoses when car was about 6 years old as my mechanic detect one hoses was leaking and advise that I change all hoses at one go to eliminate the hoses may one by one start to leaking, cost about $500 I think.

After that, no leaking issues till scrap.

Missed the space that trajet provides, sofa, washing machine etc..... all can go in

Supersonic

yah, same here. I scared after changing my cooling system, next month another thing breakdown [laugh] If left 1 year I sure repair. Before that I also changed battery and cooling coil [:(]

3rd Gear

All started with a intermittent failing radiator fan, it work for a while and then die

Was travelling from KL to Malacca, got stuck in a jam in Malacca, then can see steam coming out of my bonnet and temperature gauge was max

Radiator cap disappear !

Still dunno the damage, top up water and still manage to travel around and back to Singapore

Worse part is the extreme heat cause some wiring behind the fuse box to melt and causing some funny electronic issues.

Heng is that, engine not damage, replace both items and do some rewiring and problem solved

Point to take note, if radiator have rusty water, most probably there is some leaks some where that cause air to be mixed and cause the rust

Better go WS to check, they can do pressure test to find out the leaks and repair accordingly else later part cause engine to overhead will be a bigger issue

that's very true, I should have did a total coolant flush when I bought the 2nd hand Trajet.

some make the solenoids are build inside the tranny. So quite mafan too.

So far the Trajet last till i scrap in last year July 2 (2016).  Missed the ride.....

Radiator cap disappear !

Heng is that, engine not damage, replace both items and do some rewiring and problem solved

So far i only replaced a new set of tires when i took over the ride,  Then replaced the fuel pump on the long weekend in Aug 2015.  There after replaced the alternator with my old stock took out from Matrix.  Other than that....nothing much.....Jun 2016 drove the ride down NSH at top 190kph (average 160kph from KL to JB in 2.5hrs including toilet breaks).  Missed the ride.

↡ Advertisement