Columbarium issue sparks calls for flat refunds

Jman888

Columbarium near you home  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Will you stay or leave?

• Stay
    • Leave

Though I admire many here shooting back at the would-be flat owners, but all things being equal, would you choose your new HDB flat near : (choose as many as you like)

A. Columbarium

B. Shopping Mall

C. MRT

D. Garden/Park

i would choose garden/park, I like running. But halfway thru they built a temple or columbarium, then too bad. No need to see MP to ask them stop building. I stay within walking distance to st Anne church. The columbarium there was not a concern when we made our choice.

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

No stories .. but this is the scenary I see in my childhood.

grave.jpg

As the saying goes: 平日不做亏心事,半夜敲门也不惊 :)

If we don't do anything bad, we would not be afraid of anything at night :D

• Praise 3

This hill of graves was just beside the toa payoh flyover from braddell road into toa payoh.

Further down towards serangoon road, there were vegatable farms.

I could still remember these from my childhood memories. [nod]

the fore ground looks like amk blk 333....the point block is a dead give away!

not long ago ... when govt build old folk home or centre near the hdb ... people also complain cry papa cry mama

now everyone love the idea because of aging population ... hdb that got old folk centre seems to even command a premium

but columbarium is really "sensitive" la ... every now and then you see the "van" pass by also does not feel good and see or hear people crying ...

the chinese there is a saying ... who don't know mom is a woman ... lol

House next to park and greenery best.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Imo one should expect a temple to house the tablets..

Also, should also expect burning of incense and chanting, and traffic jam during special events.

And If one is coming from the Feng Shui angle, staying beside a temple is already a violation, columbarium or not.

Ya.. I would think it is either ignorance, the buyer didn't do homework to read the brochure, or like some said above, an opportunistic attempt to make HDB give a discount.

• Praise 3

asking hdb for refund or discount is like want to borrow comb from a monk ... it's IMPOSSIBLE !

Also, should also expect burning of incense and chanting, and traffic jam during special events.
And If one is coming from the Feng Shui angle, staying beside a temple is already a violation, columbarium or not.
Ya.. I would think it is either ignorance, the buyer didn't do homework to read the brochure, or like some said above, an opportunistic attempt to make HDB give a discount.

• Praise 1

yrs ago when i was buying flat in wdlands there was an area gazetted for a columbarium as stated in the brochure.....the price for a 5 roomer was 88k. Not many bought a flat at that area and i actually liked the area butthe idea of living close to a columbarium puts me off.....skali they built the American School there....ninaoya!

yrs ago when i was buying flat in wdlands there was an area gazetted for a columbarium as stated in the brochure.....the price for a 5 roomer was 88k. Not many bought a flat at that area and i actually liked the area butthe idea of living close to a columbarium puts me off.....skali they built the American School there....ninaoya!

88K for 5 roomer?? When was that? Seems like when I was in sec school.

88K for 5 roomer?? When was that? Seems like when I was in sec school.

93/94......the other area was like 20-30k higher! It was a walk-in selection exercise......i like the area still. Remind me of my ns bmt time.....thats where we trained as recruits and i still can remember the white water tank!

Yup. Even Pinnacle has a temple along the same street, it's the Lim Clan House, and it's housing ancestor tablets dating back to the 19th century. Can forget about chasing the temple away, it's a conservation building. There's a wedding photo of Lim Bo Seng and his wife standing at the steps in front of the temple.

• Praise 3

but columbarium is really "sensitive" la ... every now and then you see the "van" pass by also does not feel good and see or hear people crying ...

Columbarium not crematorium le

I'm a future resident of this bto. Yes the brochure stated Chinese temple when we got it years ago.

I'm always ready be it temple or columbarium . There are so many in sengkang even along anchorvale that's why I Duno what's the fuss about.

I believed those who complained , I believed are strawberries or non Chinese ba IMO

Yes I agree hdb not upfront about it but seriously me n my family no issue about it.

Main concern should be the smoke n ashes n parking

But I chose my Blk facing the green n playground, so rear facing n away from the " temple"

Huge mscp so no worries at all haha

• Praise 10

Yes, agreed @Philipkee. However attitude is by choice, no one can force what I think. Everything is expensive but comes down to how I choose. If I choose to allow the HDB price to increase exponentially and think that it is the situation that causes it, eventually nothing will change and generations after me will suffer. I will be long gone in "deep sleep". Anyway OT liao.

Asking refunds at this stage is really premature. For me to choose which one forumer had asked, I would rank the importance rather than just choose one: -

1. Near to Parents

2. MRT

3. Garden/Parks

4. Columbarium

5. Shopping malls

Everyone dies one day, if Columbarium is near at least the kid will try to make an effort to "visit" me. At the end of my days, I would be cremated and "throw" into seas... then save the kids' trouble to remember my death anniversary and save money to buy a "place" which can be bloody expensive as well.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I'm a future resident of this bto. Yes the brochure stated Chinese temple when we got it years ago.

I'm always ready be it temple or columbarium . There are so many in sengkang even along anchorvale that's why I Duno what's the fuss about.

I believed those who complained , I believed are strawberries or non Chinese ba IMO

Yes I agree hdb not upfront about it but seriously me n my family no issue about it.

But I chose my Blk facing the green n playground, so rear facing n away from the " temple"

Shhhh...

Later all the complainers will come out and try to "whack" you...say that you sabo them or that you PAP lapdog....

Some people dun like dissenting opinion

1st page 1st photo answer your question liao! No need speculate!
  • Praise 1

Shhhh...

Later all the complainers will come out and try to "whack" you...say that you sabo them or that you PAP lapdog....

Some people dun like dissenting opinion

Haha

There's nothing like a little dissenting opinion in any discussion.

From a neutral POV, the Property owner does raise a valid point about parking (esp during Qing Ming and major workship seasons) but I'm sure there will be traffic controllers to handle this.

Actually, I am very curious to see how the brouchure presented the area plan then..

↡ Advertisement