Purchasing Furniture online - Anyone? Any advice?

A_korusawa

Hi,

Has anyone successfully purchased any furniture(s) from TaoBao?
I mean big items like Sofas, Dining Table etc.?

And have them successfully shipped in, delivered to your doorstep or SG cargo?

Izit really worthwhile?

What's the shipment cost like?

Reliable?

Success stories?

Advices, Dos & Duns etc . . . .

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

this article came out in ST the other day. here's a link to a page reproducing the article

http://j0035001-1.blogspot.sg/2015/01/brick-and-mortar-sales-suffer-as-e.html

see the last line.

edit: same article, asiaone link http://business.asiaone.com/news/brick-and-mortar-sales-suffer-e-retailers-win-over-shoppers

Edited by Sp4wn

Hi,

Has anyone successfully purchased any furniture(s) from TaoBao?

I mean big items like Sofas, Dining Table etc.?

And have them successfully shipped in, delivered to your doorstep or SG cargo?

Izit really worthwhile?

What's the shipment cost like?

Reliable?

Success stories?

Advices, Dos & Duns etc . . . .

Cheers!

Bro Freestyler and Galantspeed know how to ship over cheaper

I bought all my house lights from Taobao using trading1.sg as the agent

But no where as cheap as Bro Freestyler and Galantspeed kangtao

this article came out in ST the other day. here's a link to a page reproducing the article

http://j0035001-1.blogspot.sg/2015/01/brick-and-mortar-sales-suffer-as-e.html

see the last line.

edit: same article, asiaone link http://business.asiaone.com/news/brick-and-mortar-sales-suffer-e-retailers-win-over-shoppers

Yes, these are what we read . . . but is there anyone here has any experiences especially for huge furnitures like sofas, dining tables etc.....

is very easy to perform a 'click' with your mouse after fulfilling your card numbers etc. . . but what happen if . . . . .

I have purchased car parts with paypal via round the world

i have also present myself in China states for my beloved furnitures, pack them into container that ship here . . .

But I have never gone thru' with taobao on the abovementioned on huge items . . .

thus need anyone here's advice, if any.

cheers

disclaimer: this is not for merchant/business discussions - purely coming from a consumer's option, thanks.

just bought these 2 bathroom set in Nov but have not install because place still under reno... happy with quality

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.104.DOzCOs&id=41356740189&_u=7kh9qm8b495

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.121.DOzCOs&id=41567096059&_u=7kh9qm85e5f

Just custom made stainless steel kitchen cabinet and 1 piece basin + kitchen top for my dry kitchen 2.25m*1.7m, includes designing, choosing of panels, rollers, materials and image rendering, etc.

Now in production.. pending the stainless steel cabinet to reach their shop, they will take picture for me after making sure all the parts fits...once i ok with everything, they will pack it up and deliver to my shipper..

hope everything proceed smoothly.. lol

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.44.UQ3gaA&id=14269836465&_u=7kh9qm87174

today just received a 1000 thread egyptian bedsheet.. can't wait to go home and see quality good anot... bought motion sensor light also... basically all my things come from taobao now haha

Yes, these are what we read . . . but is there anyone here has any experiences especially for huge furnitures like sofas, dining tables etc.....

is very easy to perform a 'click' with your mouse after fulfilling your card numbers etc. . . but what happen if . . . . .

I have purchased car parts with paypal via round the world

i have also present myself in China states for my beloved furnitures, pack them into container that ship here . . .

But I have never gone thru' with taobao on the abovementioned on huge items . . .

thus need anyone here's advice, if any.

cheers

disclaimer: this is not for merchant/business discussions - purely coming from a consumer's option, thanks.

most importantly you need a reliable and trustworthy shipper

Edited by Galantspeedz
  • Praise 2

Bro Freestyler and Galantspeed know how to ship over cheaper

I bought all my house lights from Taobao using trading1.sg as the agent

But no where as cheap as Bro Freestyler and Galantspeed kangtao

Yes, TradingOne.sg has been around taking the old portal as agent for taobao . . .

I'm wondering if their charges are still reasonable nowadays with direct shipments agents available from taobao

I guess portable items are still ok, but I'm looking at larger items like dining table (220x85x75cm) kind of sizes . . .

Maybe I'll email my queries to them directly on this . . . .

Now, do you guys prefer

1. direct purchases online and then instruct to the shipment agents?

2. or, let the agents handle all your purchases?

obviously, option 2 costs more . . . but izit worth it?

I'm looking at say S$1-2k value per item . . .

cheers!

Yes, TradingOne.sg has been around taking the old portal as agent for taobao . . .

I'm wondering if their charges are still reasonable nowadays with direct shipments agents available from taobao

I guess portable items are still ok, but I'm looking at larger items like dining table (220x85x75cm) kind of sizes . . .

Maybe I'll email my queries to them directly on this . . . .

Now, do you guys prefer

1. direct purchases online and then instruct to the shipment agents?

2. or, let the agents handle all your purchases?

obviously, option 2 costs more . . . but izit worth it?

I'm looking at say S$1-2k value per item . . .

cheers!

last time i use their sea shipping cost was $1 per volumetric kg

1vkg = [lenght cm * breath cm * hieght cm]/5000

usually sea shipping is quoted in price per m3

1m3 is 200 vkg

i tiagong if you get those shippers inside taobao (not taobao official shipper) lagi cheaper. can hit like $0.25 per vkg

worth or not is subjective

but jst to let you know, unlike amazon, buying from taobao is a risk

if the item is a lemon, you are basically stuck, effectively no recourse one

what furntiture you looking for?

last time i use their sea shipping cost was $1 per volumetric kg

1vkg = [lenght cm * breath cm * hieght cm]/5000

usually sea shipping is quoted in price per m3

1m3 is 200 vkg

i tiagong if you get those shippers inside taobao (not taobao official shipper) lagi cheaper. can hit like $0.25 per vkg

worth or not is subjective

but jst to let you know, unlike amazon, buying from taobao is a risk

if the item is a lemon, you are basically stuck, effectively no recourse one

what furntiture you looking for?

got recourse but usually the shipping back to china is more or equal to the cost of the items that it is not worth the effort....in fact, i got a few times exchanged.. usually tompang to friends going china than ask them help me send back to seller.... their local courier very effective de.. just call them and they come find you.. pass them item, weigh it... pay them then settled. wether you in hotel room or outside ktv also no problem [lipsrsealed]

volumetric still have divide by 6000 depending which local courier is used.

this point i still don't understand, why china come sg so cheap but sg go china so expensive

Edited by Galantspeedz

got recourse but usually the shipping back to china is more or equal to the cost of the items that it is not worth the effort....in fact, i got a few times exchanged.. usually tompang to friends going china than ask them help me send back to seller.... their local courier very effective de.. just call them and they come find you.. pass them item, weigh it... pay them then settled. wether you in hotel room or outside ktv also no problem [lipsrsealed]

this point i still don't understand, why china come sg so cheap but sg go china so expensive

i kena a few lemons

i sianz, just ordered another set from the same seller

the shipping cost back damm expensive

but the lights i bought from taobao really really cheap!

i kena a few lemons

i sianz, just ordered another set from the same seller

the shipping cost back damm expensive

but the lights i bought from taobao really really cheap!

actually if you talking about LED lights like downlights or tubing... malaysia also quite cheap now.... can try E-mart at bukit indah

i did a comparsion taobao lights + shipping is only slightly cheaper than malaysia now.... but malaysia got warranty and can take straight away....

I bet you can get more information at Renotalk forum since youre talking about shipping taobao's furniture.

• Praise 1

actually if you talking about LED lights like downlights or tubing... malaysia also quite cheap now.... can try E-mart at bukit indah

i did a comparsion taobao lights + shipping is only slightly cheaper than malaysia now.... but malaysia got warranty and can take straight away....

I Kena a few lemons from MY side also

Bought some e14 led osram, about S$20 each. 3 blow just after the 6 months warranty

Now I buy the philips e14 from taobao, I think $5 each only

SG labour & profit margin high mah LOL.....

• Praise 1

buy from MY must be very careful especially the spelling...

My wife saw some electrical thingys so cheap, she thought Panasonic..... whoah how come so cheap?.....

I point to the spelling... Pensonic. [laugh]

Maybe your Osram is Oslam or Orsam? [:p]

Not to mention those cheap clothings like Adadis....

I Kena a few lemons from MY side also
Bought some e14 led osram, about S$20 each. 3 blow just after the 6 months warranty
Now I buy the philips e14 from taobao, I think $5 each only

Edited by Kangadrool

My wife saw some electrical thingys so cheap, she thought Panasonic..... whoah how come so cheap?.....

Consperm is osram one

Some more not cheap, $20 each

Turbocharged

some people advised to buy LED lights rather than energy saving lights as it lasts much longer, ie, value for money.

actualy my experience with energy saving light very good. i have one series of enery saving bulbs in my living room. on daily minimum 5 hours per day. 8 years and still going strong. that is ~15k hours. actually, i had never replaced any energy saving bulb since i replaced all 8 years ago.

anyone has bad experiences with energy saving bulbs?

which type of bulbs are you referring to? Isn't LED the most savings?

I have replaced my front entrance light from compact florescent to LED, on 24/7/365.

Now, thinking to progressively replace all with LED.

some people advised to buy LED lights rather than energy saving lights as it lasts much longer, ie, value for money.

actualy my experience with energy saving light very good. i have one series of enery saving bulbs in my living room. on daily minimum 5 hours per day. 8 years and still going strong. that is ~15k hours. actually, i had never replaced any energy saving bulb since i replaced all 8 years ago.

anyone has bad experiences with energy saving bulbs?

cos custom here no take kopi lui.....balance statement errr.... [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement