Hotpot Culture Suspended After Rat Found in Porridge Dish

Watwheels

Actually.... I am a regular patron of that place. They have a lunch porridge buffet $10.7 net which includes free-flow dessert (green bean soup) and barley drink. I find it good value as adjacent foodcourt average price is $6.

Of course, I guess no more such lobang in future :P

Not sure whether this web info is still current.

Disgusting as it may be, it could be a honest mistake. I have also seen their prices and think people will go back!

Let’s see whether they will re-open.

http://www.rajahinn.com.sg/news/news_HPC_Press_Release.html

According to Benjamin Seow, Managing Director of Hotpot Culture Restaurants Pte Ltd, “People frequently mistake The Rajah Inn for an Indian cuisine restaurant. By choosing ‘Hotpot Culture’ as the name of our new restaurant, we hope to reach out to more diners with our ‘One Pot, Many Cultures’ concept. Diners can also look forward to enjoying lunch and dinner without being restricted to a single type of cuisine.”

Benjamin Seow added, “Having been in the F&B business for over 20 years, we’re definitely no new kid on the block so diners can be assured of our dedication to serving delicious but affordable meals.”

About Hotpot Culture Restaurants Pte Ltd:

Hotpot Culture Restaurants Pte Ltd is the newly incorporated sister company of Rajah Inn Restaurant Pte Ltd. It will be opening its new restaurant at 6 Raffles Boulevard, #02-138D, Marina Square on 15 January 2008.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Not sure whether this web info is still current.

Disgusting as it may be, it could be a honest mistake. I have also seen their prices and think people will go back!

Let’s see whether they will re-open.

http://www.rajahinn.com.sg/news/news_HPC_Press_Release.html

According to Benjamin Seow, Managing Director of Hotpot Culture Restaurants Pte Ltd, “People frequently mistake The Rajah Inn for an Indian cuisine restaurant. By choosing ‘Hotpot Culture’ as the name of our new restaurant, we hope to reach out to more diners with our ‘One Pot, Many Cultures’ concept. Diners can also look forward to enjoying lunch and dinner without being restricted to a single type of cuisine.”

Benjamin Seow added, “Having been in the F&B business for over 20 years, we’re definitely no new kid on the block so diners can be assured of our dedication to serving delicious but affordable meals.”

About Hotpot Culture Restaurants Pte Ltd:

Hotpot Culture Restaurants Pte Ltd is the newly incorporated sister company of Rajah Inn Restaurant Pte Ltd. It will be opening its new restaurant at 6 Raffles Boulevard, #02-138D, Marina Square on 15 January 2008.

Will you go eat if they re-open???

Mistake honest or not, 1 time is enough.. and reading all the current info on this case, it seems the staff and the supervisor did not give a rat's ass care when they found such disgusting stuff in their food... seems like they also tried to cover it up by acting nonchalant when the stomper smelled out this rat... says a lot on this co integrity and attitude towards food and customer safety... even if they offer free food I'll never want to have anything from these people who think rat is part of their dishes too....

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Will you go eat if they re-open???

Mistake honest or not, 1 time is enough.. and reading all the current info on this case, it seems the staff and the supervisor did not give a rat's ass care when they found such disgusting stuff in their food... seems like they also tried to cover it up by acting nonchalant when the stomper smelled out this rat... says a lot on this co integrity and attitude towards food and customer safety... even if they offer free food I'll never want to have anything from these people who think rat is part of their dishes too....

Didn't know about this place before. Seems like their food is quite good value. Probably going to try them if they reopen. I have worked in other restaurant kitchens and I think the conditions are equally bad. Just that not discovered only.

Maybe they will pay the fine to NEA in coins too. :ph34r:

Dare to pay ah gong in coins... never die before [sweatdrop][whip][laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 2

More rat presence found.

The maximum fine is not as scary as rat-in-soup experience.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nea-take-action-against-restaurant-flouting-hygience-regulations

Two more rats have been caught since, said the NEA today (Jan 14).

Investigations by the NEA also found some dried rat droppings on the floor of the storeroom and a false ceiling of the kitchen.

Under the Environment Public Health (Food Hygiene) Regulations, licensees who sell unclean food can be fined up to S$2,000. On conviction, they will also be issued with six demerit points.

• Praise 1

i grew up in a hawker centre , rats are a common sight back then in the 90s , these rats have amazing survival instints similar to flies and cockroaches. You can find them in drains and refuse centers . Some grew as big as cats .

As the hawker center slowly evolve covered drainage and cleaner collection centres , rats too moved on and i am pretty sure such cases would be common , especially with the fake ceilings found in the new shopping centers , all the rats need to do is to move from underground to back above us. Moving around won't be difficult.

Edited by CH_CO
  • Praise 3

More rat presence found.

The maximum fine is not as scary as rat-in-soup experience.

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nea-take-action-against-restaurant-flouting-hygience-regulations

Two more rats have been caught since, said the NEA today (Jan 14).

Investigations by the NEA also found some dried rat droppings on the floor of the storeroom and a false ceiling of the kitchen.

Under the Environment Public Health (Food Hygiene) Regulations, licensees who sell unclean food can be fined up to S$2,000. On conviction, they will also be issued with six demerit points.

$2000 fine for such a big restaurant, this is really a joke.

• Praise 3

Tiagong shops around this shop business drop a lot

That time joker chew tricks, sim lim also business drop a lot

Pinoy scold Singaporeans, other pinoy also kena backlash

If your neighbor doing shady business, better move out fast

Industry self regulate is still the best

• Praise 3

$2000 fine for such a big restaurant, this is really a joke.

I think NEA knows the fine is nothing to them but if that's the max penalty, nothing much they can do except to keep suspending their operation until they are happy. Ceasing their operation for a long time is a penalty itself.

• Praise 2

Tiagong shops around this shop business drop a lot

That time joker chew tricks, sim lim also business drop a lot

Pinoy scold Singaporeans, other pinoy also kena backlash

If your neighbor doing shady business, better move out fast

Industry self regulate is still the best

Because people know rat got 4 legs can run around...to others restaurant..

Actually, if someone does see him (assuming he doesn't seem to be under duress or addled) then he is not missing but in hiding.

In that case, I don't poh mata because this will be between him and his family who he is presumably hiding from.

↡ Advertisement