Hotpot Culture Suspended After Rat Found in Porridge Dish

Watwheels

oh...hotpot and Rajah inn same company.

i do eat at Rajah inn Tiong Bahru plaza branch.

Now can give both a miss.

Time for them to change company name and move premises..

Edited by Mcf777
  • Praise 1

Muay chai if covered will turn sour ? Cannot be right ? Thought the longer you keep muay chai the better it tastes. I think it is negligence or bo chap.

Just an excuse but no use now. NEA going to fine him jialat jialat.

Muay chai if covered will turn sour ? Cannot be right ? Thought the longer you keep muay chai the better it tastes. I think it is negligence or bo chap.

confirm bo chap.

rat in the mall with many F&B establishment is unavoidable, just a matter of how one shop keep the area clean and no crumbs and food laying around at night, all food must be kept in appropriate container or in the fridge, etc.

Mr Lim said he has spent $3,000 sealing up the entry points and conducting rodent treatment after two rats were caught by its pest control operator on Sunday. He added that rat treatment, which involves sanitisation by misting, will be conducted every week instead of once a month.

I hope they bother to cover the food and clean all cooking equipment

• Praise 1

Wah so the rat commit suicide and drowned itself in the muay chai?

But from the pic looks like it was cooked together with the muay chai [sweatdrop]

But the chefs also very bo chap simply just pour out the muay chai onto the tray w/o looking. The rat so outstanding should be easily spotted.

• Praise 2

But from the pic looks like it was cooked together with the muay chai [sweatdrop]

But the chefs also very bo chap simply just pour out the muay chai onto the tray w/o looking. The rat so outstanding should be easily spotted.

Rat looking for food. Found the muay chai and went to explore. Fell into the pot and drowned. Next day, worker heated up the pot again. So rat cooked [:(]

• Praise 3

Which is good for us...if not, just took out and serve and nobody will know...at least they have to clean up their act now...

• Praise 2

i think i remember reading one article which owner explained that the 'rat' is some veg that looks like rat >< total bs

now that its clarified that rat fell in and wasnt cooked. woahhh.. good luck to the peeps that ate the 'nutrious' dish..

actually i believe alot of eateries prepare food in ways that will turn customers away. thats why the kitchen is always out of sight.

best is still to eat at home ba.. unless ur spouse or maid wants to poison you.. then its ur karma liao

• Praise 3

Just an excuse but no use now. NEA going to fine him jialat jialat.

Chey....Maximum fine S$2K and 6 demerit points.

This type of business sound like car dealers or handphone shop owners.

NEA should FINE both the company and the directors.

That will STOP them from opening another NEW fresh company.

========================================================

"NEA takes such lapses seriously and will not hesitate to take errant operators to task," it added. If convicted, licensees who sell unclean food can be fined up to $2,000.

They will also be issued with six demerit points. - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/owner-hotpot-culture-comes-clean-about-dead-rat-20150115#xtor=CS1-10

• Praise 1

those diners that just take the muay chai even worse right? lol

Chey....Maximum fine S$2K and 6 demerit points.

This type of business sound like car dealers or handphone shop owners.

NEA should FINE both the company and the directors.

That will STOP them from opening another NEW fresh company.

========================================================

"NEA takes such lapses seriously and will not hesitate to take errant operators to task," it added. If convicted, licensees who sell unclean food can be fined up to $2,000.

They will also be issued with six demerit points. - See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/owner-hotpot-culture-comes-clean-about-dead-rat-20150115#xtor=CS1-10

$2k and 6 points is small issue to the boss lah, it is the suspension or possible closure and loss of revenue that is going to hit them bad, and the mall still collect rental whether it is open for biz or not.....

• Praise 1

oh...hotpot and Rajah inn same company.

i do eat at Rajah inn Tiong Bahru plaza branch.

Now can give both a miss.

Time for them to change company name and move premises..

Rajah Inn at Tiong Bahru has closed down already...

Most people will just run away from problems yet the owner goes to the restaurant everyday.

I think the owner is really sincere and I probably go there to try the dish out one day.

• Praise 3