Hotpot Culture Suspended After Rat Found in Porridge Dish

Watwheels

I sympathies with Mr Lim, he has been honest and has been humble in the way he apologized, no doubt it was a very bad experience but he is trying his best.

As much as he can do to fumigate his restaurant, it is no use if the surrounding area has not been doing it thoroughly as well, cos they will just run around again.
Worked at Boat Quay many years ago, whole area infested with rats, no matter what the boss did to eradicate the rats and spent a bomb on pest control, they just kept coming back.
On average they could trap or poison 8-12 rats a month but they just kept appearing. In the store room, kitchen, everywhere... cos the whole of boat quay was infested.
Once when we came to work and picked up the live crabs from the styrofoam box, the front of the crab was intact and looking at us but the behind was eaten off, the insides of the crab was empty and there was a big hole in the box as well.
You can cover up the holes as much as you want but these creatures were born to gnaw through pretty much anything when it wants to get it's food. Their sense of smell is very acute, even flour is good enough.
So I say don't blame Mr Lim, let him prove to us his diligence and support him if he has done so, but I also think the whole Mall needs to do it's share as well, which i'm sure they must be right now.
  • Praise 4

there are major upgrading works at marina square ...

outside is a huge construction site

i believe the rat situation is somewhat caused by construction too ...

I sympathies with Mr Lim, he has been honest and has been humble in the way he apologized, no doubt it was a very bad experience but he is trying his best.

As much as he can do to fumigate his restaurant, it is no use if the surrounding area has not been doing it thoroughly as well, cos they will just run around again.
Worked at Boat Quay many years ago, whole area infested with rats, no matter what the boss did to eradicate the rats and spent a bomb on pest control, they just kept coming back.
On average they could trap or poison 8-12 rats a month but they just kept appearing. In the store room, kitchen, everywhere... cos the whole of boat quay was infested.
Once when we came to work and picked up the live crabs from the styrofoam box, the front of the crab was intact and looking at us but the behind was eaten off, the insides of the crab was empty and there was a big hole in the box as well.
You can cover up the holes as much as you want but these creatures were born to gnaw through pretty much anything when it wants to get it's food. Their sense of smell is very acute, even flour is good enough.
So I say don't blame Mr Lim, let him prove to us his diligence and support him if he has done so, but I also think the whole Mall needs to do it's share as well, which i'm sure they must be right now.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

major construction for marina square shopping mall upgrade phase 2 ...

dig dig dig ... of coz all rodent come out la

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Either the Management bochap or the pest controllers didnt do a good job !

Anyway, time to stay away from the eateries till the place is declared "rats free"...

All of sudden, all the rats and lizards coming out in force ....

Wondering whether eco system has changed or simply, we have created these problems ourselves, like what the garmen said... feeding

• Praise 3

Too many stray dogs in Marina Sq.

... short distance @ gardens by the bay .. got otters reported (some/most will say FT)... they seem to be comfortable..until our locals come looking for them and seems there is a sign board saying don't scare or disturb the otters .so Mickey Mouse also comfortable in nearby area... Singapore undergoing evolution or is it revolution

• Praise 1

They are giving free lunch and dinner on 6 February, who is going?

Hotpot Culture Restaurant to re-open as NEA lifts licence suspension after rat carcass find
PUBLISHED ON FEB 3, 2015
BY AUDREY TAN
SINGAPORE - The Chinese restaurant where a rat carcass was found in a vegetable dish had its licence suspension lifted on Tuesday.
The National Environment Agency (NEA) said in a statement that its latest inspection of the Hotpot Culture Restaurant at Marina Square Shopping Mall found it to be clean with no signs of rat activity.
It also said that it has applied for a court summons against the restaurant's licensee for the sale of food which is unfit for human consumption.
If convicted, the licensee can be fined up to $10,000 and issued with six demerit points.
As of Monday, the NEA had conducted seven rounds of inspections at the eatery and at least three at Marina Square Shopping Mall and other food outlets there.
Hotpot Culture's operations were first suspended on Jan 9 after a customer posted a photo of a rat carcass in one of its dishes online.
In Tuesday's statement, the NEA said: "We have assessed that the premises have been adequately spruced up and measures put in place to prevent a recurrence of the incident."
The licensee of Hotpot Culture Restaurants and the Marina Square Shopping Mall management must continue weekly pest control treatment and submit all pest control reports to the NEA over the next three months.
The authority said it will continue to monitor pest control treatment and hygiene practices at the premises. It is also working with the management of Marina Square Shopping Mall to extend stepped-up measures

Supercharged

They are giving free lunch and dinner on 6 February, who is going?

They where got say that ?? Any source/link...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1