Flashpay credit card, beware

Kb27

heng, I don't have flash card.

still using the old school credit card.

only have flash ezlink and cash card

↡ Advertisement

iPhone 6 already has NFC...

You can disable the NFC feature on the phone, but you cannot disable the card from responding to a NFC reader's read command.

If you pack a few cards side by side, I think the reader would be somewhat confused and cannot read all of them. Disclaimer: I have never tried this before.

Sure-fire way, buy a metallic card shield and keep your Visa Paywave, MasterCard PayPass etc inside the shield.

I know most Android phones NFC antenna seems to be on the back of the battery cover. If you want to disable it you can simply stick duct tape over the contact points.

This will effectively disable the NFC as the antenna can no longer communicate with the chip.

For those where the antenna is integrated, it would be tougher.

i thought all old school credit card have to be replaced by end of 2014?

• Praise 1

Twincharged

no wonder iphone didn't include NFC in their phone [laugh]

But the problem is not your own phone. Its other people's phone right? Cuz the thief will use his own phone to scan your pockets. Just get a wallet which blocks the NFC. Mine does block the signals but the only con is that when I take train need to take out my card to scan. Cannot just tap the wallet.

But the problem is not your own phone. Its other people's phone right? Cuz the thief will use his own phone to scan your pockets. Just get a wallet which blocks the NFC. Mine does block the signals but the only con is that when I take train need to take out my card to scan. Cannot just tap the wallet.

That's not a con... My stupid DBS ATM card and my credit card now has flash pay so I cannot just tap my wallet at the gantry anyway.

I think you should also have more than 1 flashpay card in your wallet.....

Can we disable this flash pay nonsense? I don't want it....

• Praise 1

Twincharged

That's not a con... My stupid DBS ATM card and my credit card now has flash pay so I cannot just tap my wallet at the gantry anyway.

I think you should also have more than 1 flashpay card in your wallet.....

Can we disable this flash pay nonsense? I don't want it....

Oh ya. Maybe when I get more than 1 flash pay card then I'll appreciate what my wallet can do. Lol. Cuz now I only have one credit card that is flashpay and it is also my EZ-link card.

But I did notice when shopping for a new wallet that some wallets purposely have a slot without the NFC shield so that you can tap your wallet. Its designed so you just put the card that you always need to tap there then the rest all shielded. Put EZ-link there shouldn't be a risk cuz I don't think there is any info to be stolen from EZ-link card.

Edited by Nzy

Oh ya. Maybe when I get more than 1 flash pay card then I'll appreciate what my wallet can do. Lol. Cuz now I only have one credit card that is flashpay and it is also my EZ-link card.

But I did notice when shopping for a new wallet that some wallets purposely have a slot without the NFC shield so that you can tap your wallet. Its designed so you just put the card that you always need to tap there then the rest all shielded. Put EZ-link there shouldn't be a risk cuz I don't think there is any info to be stolen from EZ-link card.

Wow. What brands of wallets have that? I hate taking our my card from the wallet everyday.

Anyway, is it possible to link my phone's NFC to ezlink and just tap with my phone? *EDIT* The answer is not yet.

Edited by Kusje

Twincharged

Wow. What brands of wallets have that? I hate taking our my card from the wallet everyday.

Anyway, is it possible to link my phone's NFC to ezlink and just tap with my phone? *EDIT* The answer is not yet.

Most of the wallets i am looking at are from kickstarter and those minimalistic wallets. Many of these wallets have it. They have one slot outside that is not shielded.

http://www.ezgowallet.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=62 using this currently. The band at the back for holding cash not shielded so can use it to hold one card also.

I'm also waiting for them to allow us to use phone as EZ-link card. The technology is available already but its just not in use only.

• Praise 1

unless ur ezlink card is those credit/debit card cum ezlink? or those that are giro activated ezlink card?

i already set for sms notification for any transactions (more than $1) on my credit cards.. so i dont think that fraudent usage should be such a big problem right?

Twincharged

unless ur ezlink card is those credit/debit card cum ezlink? or those that are giro activated ezlink card?

i already set for sms notification for any transactions (more than $1) on my credit cards.. so i dont think that fraudent usage should be such a big problem right?

Ya. Mine is the citibank one which is also ezlink card.

So how to configure my android phone

to switch on the NFC to take money

from someone's flash pay card who

is standing near me?

:D

• Praise 5

packed the wallet with multiple cards/papers then not so easy to detect. I can't scan my ezlink in my wallet and have to take it out every time [sweatdrop]

maybe your wallet is full of CASH .... its a good thing actually

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

They will send you a flash card when your current card expires! So, it is sonner or later!:)

The mrt gate will not be able to read my ezlink card when I tap the whole wallet on it. May be it is because I have a few cards in the wallet and some notes.

↡ Advertisement