LTA Is Not Listening To My Feedback

Yeobt

Supercharged

it looks so stupid to have a lane that could be used for going straight and right turning only to be jammed up by one car in front the lights. [hur]

i wrote to LTA to suggest that the lights should be made more productive by allowing the 2 directional lights (straight and right turning) be

passable at the same time. LTA replied > We found that this is the best arrangement for that junction. case closed. :blink:

ok, i'm not a scholar. [lipsrsealed]

20150110_185046a_zps83444a44.jpg

another one i found is the junction outside CQ MRT station on eu tong sheng st.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

isn't this normal?

how can turn right when the other direction also moving?

yeah i encounter many of these sort of traffic light setting

after awhile the turn right will be green and go straight also remain green so that the car behind the turn right can go straight

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Bro.

They are so many such traffic junction in Singapore.

If u are going straight, u always have to give yrself extra 1car length in case the front idiot going to turn right and Dont want to put on signal right.

• Praise 8

isn't this normal?

how can turn right when the other direction also moving?

when there is no oncoming traffic, also cannot turn right, due to the red arrow.

i think they meant to use this when one can't quite see oncoming traffic in the distance (view is blocked for some reason), but not always the case.

• Praise 2

if you frequent the road you already knew the lane is turn right cum go straight

so i never follow that lane ... more chances kena stuck ... bang balls ... lol

Bro.

They are so many such traffic junction in Singapore.

If u are going straight, u always have to give yrself extra 1car length in case the front idiot going to turn right and Dont want to put on signal right.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

actually, go straight and turn right both green (no red arrow) is dangerous

for so many times ... kuku driver under estimate the travel speed from opposite and cheong resulting accident

in such accident, the impact is sibei jialat because it's side collision and normaly high speed

it's better safe than late

weighting the benefit of having red arrow and accident, i will vote for red arrow

1 life lost is too many already

the other thing is left/right turn and green man together ... this is also a problematic and cause accident

i know time is wasted but again ... safety vs time ... can't have both

when there is no oncoming traffic, also cannot turn right, due to the red arrow.

i think they meant to use this when one can't quite see oncoming traffic in the distance (view is blocked for some reason), but not always the case.

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 4

there is one near Innova jc.....its normalky ok to have this kind of arrangement....but i hate it when the driver in front dont signal or signal just when they stop at the junction....nnb!

• Praise 3

when see signal ... all the cars behind all tried to change lane liao ...

all the car head turning and eating into the left lane liao ... causing another problem

this is always happening in the morning traffic

then the left lane cars travelling tap horn and flash ...

the only method to solve this is patience ... or plan ahead don't use the straight+turn right lane

there is one near Innova jc.....its normalky ok to have this kind of arrangement....but i hate it when the driver in front dont signal or signal just when they stop at the junction....nnb!

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

when see signal ... all the cars behind all tried to change lane liao ...

all the car head turning and eating into the left lane liao ... causing another problem

this is always happening in the morning traffic

then the left lane cars travelling tap horn and flash ...

ya lor.....sometime this drivers who dont signal their intention are bloody dam SSess! Somemore some of them wont be sure whether to creep up to the turning lane anot.....stay there blocking those going straight! Dam blardy S hole!

There many many many such traffic junction on our road, no choice but you have to accept it. Cause LTA always design roads and traffic lights very silly and idiot and they always think it is the best arrangement?!

• Praise 1

ya lor.....sometime this drivers who dont signal their intention are bloody dam SSess! Somemore some of them wont be sure whether to creep up to the turning lane anot.....stay there blocking those going straight! Dam blardy S hole!

aiyah, chill bro. whether they signal their intention or not, they are on the right lane....just no courtesy to inform the fella behind oni mah [laugh]

I seldom take these lanes. but whenever I decided to take chance, mostly its...BANG BALLS TIME!!! [laugh]....[mad]

• Praise 4

There's one along Telok Blangah Rd, turning into Henderson also, first two lanes (from right) turning right, and the third lane can go straight or right.

• Praise 1

There are many such junctions but most of the time we dun think is logical, they may have done some calculation on the traffic flow for different period. Honestly I duno they make sense or not cos I dun travel on those road 12 hours a day.

Anyway if get stuck at those junctions you only waste another 2 minutes at most, so dun kill your brain cells and shoot your blood pressure over it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4