Extension to the walkway - Joo Chiat

ShepherdPie

Is it legal to extend the shopfloor with perm wall , until it eat up half the walkway ?

If anyone has been to Joo Chiat / East coast road junction, you will notice that the walkway at awfully chocolate is super narrow.. So much so that a wheelchair cannot pass through.

Also it's has been a few occassions that i notice that pedestrians has to stand on the road because the junction is simply too narrow.

This is so dangerous.

Is the extension legal in the first place ?

Edited by ShepherdPie
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

iirc the previous shop a (small kopitiam) also same dimensions... don't think awfully choc expended out into the walkway... it was originally like that... becoz of i12 katong... so increase in human traffic flow.. hence seems lagi more packed at that junction ba...

ps... since talk abt that place... inside alibaba got an old couple that make very nice fried mee sua.. [:)]

post-126263-0-51341600-1421134079_thumb.jpg

Edited by SuPerBoRed

(edited)

iirc the previous shop a (small kopitiam) also same dimensions... don't think awfully choc expended out into the walkway... it was originally like that... becoz of i12 katong... so increase in human traffic flow.. hence seems lagi more packed at that junction ba...

ps... since talk abt that place... inside alibaba got an old couple that make very nice fried mee sua.. [:)]

I am not sure abt the old shop.. maybe it was illegal to begin with..but i assume, its non-aircon and ppl still can walk into the coffeeshop when someone is coming from the opposite direction..

Or when it get crowded at the junction.

but now awfully choc is building wall ard the boundary. It's really dangerous esp when it is raining and car zooming as they turn the corner.

Even if it is legal, the authority should still do something before accidents happens.

Having said that, glory and some other shop also put things in the walkway.. but these are not permant structures..

Edited by ShepherdPie

Is it legal to extend the shopfloor with perm wall , until it eat up half the walkway ?

If anyone has been to Joo Chiat / East coast road junction, you will notice that the walkway at awfully chocolate is super narrow.. So much so that a wheelchair cannot pass through.

Also it's has been a few occassions that i notice that pedestrians has to stand on the road because the junction is simply too narrow.

This is so dangerous.

Is the extension legal in the first place ?

when the building was built, there is no such thing as wheelchair safety i suppose.

when the building was built, there is no such thing as wheelchair safety i suppose.

not sure.. but it's damn dangerous..when i bring my 2 kids ard there..cos' they dun know where to stand.. there is simply no place if they holding to my hand...

I either have to let go one of their hand and let the older stand alone somewhere on the walkway..

or carry the other.

↡ Advertisement