Putin stikes back: Cuts off gas supply to Europe

Goldbug

He's desperate.

This won't go well for him.

Russian bear has been desperate many times over the years and they are still alive...

They have a hardy people who are used to hardship so they will survive. But whether or not Putin will survive, I don't know.

Russians cutting off the gas to Europe is like Malaysia cutting off SG's water supply - given enough time and will, Europe can wean themselves off Russian gas but certainly not so soon.

• Praise 1

Europe didn't see it coming ?

They should have already alternate source in place before they tickle the russian bear.

putin sibei cunning ... turn off gas when the weather is sibei cold ... rubbing salt on wound ...

he must be waiting for this move for so long when usa and europe impose sanction on rusia after MH17 incident

Edited by Wt_know

bad news for gas usage liao. Maybe Citygas and cylinder gas companies will increase gas prices soon.

Why? Our gas doesn't come from Russia.

I believes it comes from Indonesia (and we are also trying not to rely on them).

Why? Our gas doesn't come from Russia.

I believes it comes from Indonesia (and we are also trying not to rely on them).

Decreased supply from Russia will mean that more demand for supplies from elsewhere, so price spike

As to Russia "surviving" - well sure they will survive - I'm just wondering if you compared the influence they have on world affairs, their land area, the power of their army today to where they were in say, 1984, what sort of conclusion would you draw?

I'm not geopolitically savvy, but I don't see how taking on the combined might of Europe and the US can possibly end well for him.

What are the basic options here? The "rest of the world" caves in and lets him keep the Ukraine, or the rest of the world amps up the pressure?

Just ask NK how long term sanctions work out for you.

putin sibei cunning ... turn off gas when the weather is sibei cold ... rubbing salt on wound ...

he must be waiting for this move for so long when usa and europe impose sanction on rusia after MH17 incident

There is no ready pipework to deliver the gas yet he want to divert the route, he really pulling a fast one

Supercharged

If i'm not wrong, The reason why the USA die die wanted to yake out the saddam hussin out from the iraq was also partly becos they didnt want This type of balls squeezing experience be happened then.

↡ Advertisement