Replacement Gear Knob

Jokerd

The gear knob on my Toyota Vios broke at the plastic part. Just called Borneo Motors and they said not covered by warranty [:(]

Any idea where to get a replacement similar to the one in the car and how difficult it is to replace the knob?

↡ Advertisement

The gear knob on my Toyota Vios broke at the plastic part. Just called Borneo Motors and they said not covered by warranty [:(]

Any idea where to get a replacement similar to the one in the car and how difficult it is to replace the knob?

Is yours a manual car ?

why not take the chance to go look around for one you like instead.

Replacement should be just screw off and on. Will need some strength though.

• Praise 1

Is yours a manual car ?

why not take the chance to go look around for one you like instead.

Replacement should be just screw off and on. Will need some strength though.

Thanks for the head up, mine is an auto car, good to know that it can be self replaced if necessary

Where can you find cheap and good manual gear shift knob? I tried autobac but they only have 1 kind and it is quite ugly. I'm looking for the king with 1,2,3,4,5,R on it. Please help me out here. Tried a lot of accessories shop and they all don't have. I'm driving suzuki swift now.

Where can you find cheap and good manual gear shift knob? I tried autobac but they only have 1 kind and it is quite ugly. I'm looking for the king with 1,2,3,4,5,R on it. Please help me out here. Tried a lot of accessories shop and they all don't have. I'm driving suzuki swift now.

Tried ebay? Or aliexpress?

You can go project S. Or go monster online.

What model is yours? The previous gen has 2 thread size. Remember to check before placing order.

Neutral Newbie

Getting the boot off is a real b*tch. I had a tough time too, I took the whole boot assembly w/ the plastic housing off for better leverage. You need to pull down and on an angle hard. I know you think it's going to break but it won't. The boot ring is attached to a tapered V shaped piece of plastic. When it is installed at the factor it easily slides up and on then lays flat on top of where the tappered edge stops. Making installation easy but removal difficult. So you need to pull hard and toward one direction to get it over the tapered lip then it will come loose. Kinda hard to explain.

Hi Young driver.

Whatsapp me at 96334692 - I might have the type u are looking for.

↡ Advertisement