Public Alcohol consumption bill-Cannot have a beer at a BBQ!

Darryn

no need to feel threaten by the drunkard walking in the street [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Punch him and then complain about him to the police about him being a drunk nuisance. =D

Damn, no beer, the gals better look pretty

What about the guys? Harder for guys to get a not high girl, yeah? (Especially those with no money and no looks and no game).

• Praise 1

personally I don't drink beer..but saying that 'after 10.30pm people should be home resting' is draconian..not everyone have a 9-5 job like most of us

Even if do have a 9 to 5 job, 10:30 is hardly late...

My goodness - cannot even buy KFC and then go sit n eat it with a beer at Punggol Jetty after 10:30....a bit silly right?

If the problem is "drunk people in public" then address that - arrest people that make noise or create a ruckus, arrest the people that harrass women as they pass - crack down on littering if that is the problem.

This seems kinda the "nuclear" option to me.

In the last 15 years I have never noticed any sort of significant problem with public drunkeness, drinking or public or similar... (those areas directly outside nightclubs at closing time excepted, but that's a problem of a different nature)

PAS in Kelantan would be proud of us

Bugger.. I oreddy give away all my praise points today.

• Praise 1

My goodness - cannot even buy KFC and then go sit n eat it with a beer at Punggol Jetty after 10:30....a bit silly right?

If the problem is "drunk people in public" then address that - arrest people that make noise or create a ruckus, arrest the people that harrass women as they pass - crack down on littering if that is the problem.

In the last 15 years I have never noticed any sort of significant problem with public drunkeness, drinking or public or similar... (those areas directly outside nightclubs at closing time excepted, but that's a problem of a different nature)

how dare you questioned the laws passed by parliamentarians with their infinite wisdom... [smash]

as long as you get the drift can liao... [laugh]

• Praise 1

If a person is found trespassing or appearing in a public place while drunk and causing annoyance to another

hohoho... ho sey liao... i go comprain ppl annoy me all will kenna arrest... hiak hiak...

Nope -

1. The proposal is to ban alcohol (unless you have applied for a license) from all public parks between 10:30 pm and 7 am. This includes East Coast park BBQ areas. There is also a BBQ downstairs my FIL house - there cannot have a beer after 10:30.

2. There are a number of seats and tables beside the BB court downstairs from my flat, would not be allowed to sit there with my neighbour after 10:30 for a quiet beer and chat.

Govt want to help kopi tiam ma...

After 10:30pm move to kopin tiam to drink till 12am lor...

Singapore is anyway an Asian country trying to be western.

But most people will prefer Asian culture still.

but... what is so nice about consuming alcohol?

sorry.. I old asian mentality.

Our standard practise was to go join the party if they were being noisy...

And always invite your neighbours to your party!!

That's your Kiwi standard practise.

Here in Singapore, We call the police when the party gets noisy, and we don't invite neighbours to our party, they usually invite the police over when we get noisy..LOL

• Praise 3

The issue is not Public Drinking but getting drunk in Public. We can restrict public drinking from 10.30pm but they can be drunk / tipsy by 10.30pm. So?

They can still start to congregate from 9pm to 10.30pm, drink till they drop. So can we say 100% that they are drinking publicly, will they be arrested just by smell since no alcohol found on them?

"The 2013 Little India riot occurred on 8 December 2013 after a fatal accident occurred at SST 21:23 at the junction of Race Course Road and Hampshire Road in Little India" from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Little_India_riot

Scholars simply don't get it because they don't drink, touching the tip of the ice-berg but leave the rest at the bottom.. always have been, always will be...

The bottom line was failed enforcement that lead to the unfortunate incident, where people got drunk and nothing was done to arrest them.

Edited by Carnoob
  • Praise 8

I think it is by law in most condos. There is a very popular bbq pit (just beside a small pool) right before my block facing my master bedroom, whenever I hear sound after 11pm, the phone at the guardhouse will ring..LOL

yea... having a guard around probably helps... but we decided to go with one morning shift only. So no one to complain to.

Prevention is better than cure mah...

Also cheaper.

You go to those cities in Europe... after 9pm, you see many police on the street every night.

Waste of tax payer's money leh...

[laugh]

• Praise 2

But most people will prefer Asian culture still.

if you belongs to the old asian mentality..then the more you will subscribe to consuming alcohol as China starts drinking alcohol more than 9000+ years ago

Nothing good about alcohol:

young people consume alcohol as cool

old man like you and me la kopi as cool [thumbsup]

• Praise 2

Our standard practise was to go join the party if they were being noisy...

And always invite your neighbours to your party!!

In hindi there is a phrase that roughly means as... "I don't want to be the bone in the kebab." So no chance of gatecrashing someone else's party...

Besides... I haven't touched alcohol in 15 years almost.

Nothing good about alcohol:

young people consume alcohol as cool

old man like you and me la kopi as cool [thumbsup]

Hmmm... the Mayo Clinic seems to disagree on that front...

In hindi there is a phrase that roughly means as... "I don't want to be the bone in the kebab." So no chance of gatecrashing someone else's party...

Besides... I haven't touched alcohol in 15 years almost.

In Kiwish we say..

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em....