Public Alcohol consumption bill-Cannot have a beer at a BBQ!

Darryn

Their licence not affected.

In fact their business may improve after 1030pm.

But I forsee the sales of opaque water bottle to increase.

What is that for? To put alcohol ah?

My relative who is an ex sbs bus driver, pour stout into those condense milk tin and drink while driving. They all call him kopi O bang gong. (咖啡乌放罐).

↡ Advertisement

What is that for? To put alcohol ah?

My relative who is an ex sbs bus driver, pour stout into those condense milk tin and drink while driving. They all call him kopi O bang gong. (咖啡乌放罐).

[lipsrsealed] water bottle must be those insulated type too [laugh]

But if we see construction workers carrying one each, then police will sure suspect.

Nonetheless, it only state no drinking, it doesn't state no carrying back home to drink if I cannot finish.

3000001016_500.jpg

Edited by Atonchia

The issue is not Public Drinking but getting drunk in Public. We can restrict public drinking from 10.30pm but they can be drunk / tipsy by 10.30pm. So?

Scholars simply don't get it because they don't drink, touching the tip of the ice-berg but leave the rest at the bottom.. always have been, always will be...

The bottom line was failed enforcement that lead to the unfortunate incident, where people got drunk and nothing was done to arrest them.

If something happens after the new law, they can say they did something, and need to be more strict!

What to expect? Scholars come up with stupid policies, it's up to the people to find the loopholes and exploit liao. They never learn.

Well, that just means that the making out @ BBQ will start at 10.30pm since there is not much else to do from then on.

If that's the case, I'll camp out at East Coast park wait for XMM BBQ to end, then entertain them, hor?

I think @jamesc the lesbian in a man's body will be more than willing to join me... =D

Ppl will stop drinking in void decks and parks. If can discourage ppl to drink and drive lagi better.

Drinking responsibly is just a myth made up by drunks. What good can come out of drinking? If it's that good why dun your boss let you drink while you are working? Should end this BS long ago.

I disagree. Drinking and driving is wrong, and I will never support that. But drinking can still be responsible.

I drink with some friends at the closed kopitiam tables sometimes, and we clear up what we used. We don't disturb others, just chat normally, not getting too drunk, just a little buzz.

KNN...... sooner or later the 'lup sup bar' closed at 10.30pm....... [furious]

Tiko Ranger go lup sup bar not to drink beer leh.... [rolleyes]

Also i figure if the police can be so "on the ball" to enforce the no-drinking rule, why not just look out for and take action against drunks causing trouble in the first place?

Many people have a beer in public without being drunk and making trouble - seems overkill to target everybody with this law.

that's the thing...... there is no law now to give power to police to arrest farker who get drank at the void deck and start singing karaoke..... they can only advise them to leave..... but after that, the farker will come back..... with this law....those farker can be arrested..... this will stop them for good.....

I disagree. Drinking and driving is wrong, and I will never support that. But drinking can still be responsible.

I drink with some friends at the closed kopitiam tables sometimes, and we clear up what we used. We don't disturb others, just chat normally, not getting too drunk, just a little buzz.

You are the responsible few.... everyone like you.... no need such law,,,,, unfortunately, most don't behave.... they think they can shout, scream in the middle of the night after a few beer......

• Praise 2

You are the responsible few.... everyone like you.... no need such law,,,,, unfortunately, most don't behave.... they think they can shout, scream in the middle of the night after a few beer......

Then education will be more helpful in the long run than such policies.

I do call police on those who shout / scream / play soccer at night, after midnight. Educating them, and making sure the law is enforced is more important than just introducing new policies to show to the public that something is being done.

that's the thing...... there is no law now to give power to police to arrest farker who get drank at the void deck and start singing karaoke..... they can only advise them to leave..... but after that, the farker will come back..... with this law....those farker can be arrested..... this will stop them for good.....

Best to go drink fresh papaya juice

If something happens after the new law, they can say they did something, and need to be more strict!

What to expect? Scholars come up with stupid policies, it's up to the people to find the loopholes and exploit liao. They never learn.

If that's the case, I'll camp out at East Coast park wait for XMM BBQ to end, then entertain them, hor?

I think @jamesc the lesbian in a man's body will be more than willing to join me... =D

There is one explanation which will never go wrong

Usually it's the noisy minority [sly] causing all the problem. From what we understand the law abiding majority are reponsible and considerate enough, thus we should focus on dealing with this group of nosiy people. This bill is meant for them.

Ok. Personally, I do really support this bill.

Edited by Atonchia

Usually it's the noisy minority causing all the problem. From what we understand the law abiding majority are reponsible and considerate enough, thus we should focus on dealing with this group of nosiy people. This bill is meant for them.

This bill should be for those foreign workers because they usually buy cheap beer from supermarket and consume at park and void deck. Now they have to tabao early and go back to their hostel to drink.

This bill should be for those foreign workers because they usually buy cheap beer from supermarket and consume at park and void deck. Now they have to tabao early and go back to their hostel to drin

Then I am going to source something similar from Alibaba then re-sell to these FW [laugh]

3000001615a.jpg

• Praise 2

I've seen sign boards that say "Do not raise your voice loud after 10:30 pm" in many coffee shops. Eg: one at Toa Payoh Lor 6 coffee shop.... another near spottiswood...

So not all people who drink are quiet... heck... me having a coffee and cig can sometimes be loud when laughing... depends on the company I guess...

somewhat like this :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EjFtFFCjuY

• Praise 5

Prevent people from drinking publicly will lead them to drink even more before the curfew kicks in... They know by carrying alcohol after 10.30pm is considered a crime. If I bought 10 cans at 10pm and drank one while walking back but discovered that I can't reach home before 10.30pm, I would be forced to finish the rest... imagine that... hahaaa

if you just carry the beer cans and not drinking, nothing wrong. You can bring the beers home and finish them ..LOL

• Praise 2

Usually it's the noisy minority [sly] causing all the problem. From what we understand the law abiding majority are reponsible and considerate enough, thus we should focus on dealing with this group of nosiy people. This bill is meant for them.

It's almost always the vocal minority. Majority of the people I see drinking nearby (when I'm drinking) are just talking normally, even though they are high / drunk. It's only the larger group that will usually be making all the loud noises.

Ah well, let's agree to disagree. =D

KNN...... sooner or later the 'lup sup bar' closed at 10.30pm....... [furious]

lup sup bar will expand business. Those need a drinking between 9pm to midnight will end up there ..LOL

• Praise 3

It's almost always the vocal minority. Majority of the people I see drinking nearby (when I'm drinking) are just talking normally, even though they are high / drunk. It's only the larger group that will usually be making all the loud noises.

Ah well, let's agree to disagree. =D

I don't mind because i drink more wine than beer now. [lipsrsealed]

The bill is really targeting legal drinking age teenagers and FW, so I think it's not going to affect quite a lot of people.

Ok, I just realised one group of people will be affected.

Night anglers who drink.

MCF should also ban members from logging in when they are drunk..LOL

You mean we should blow into the mouse before login can be approved? [laugh]

• Praise 2

You mean we should blow into the mouse before login can be approved? [laugh]

set up a log in system to activate after 10.30pm, irritate the log in process for 10 min, the drunk one will start to" KNNBCCB you dai kor from where, don't talk, let's meet'. This one confirm is drunk, should be ban from logging in..LOL

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2