Public Alcohol consumption bill-Cannot have a beer at a BBQ!

Darryn

yep................. many pubs may be making more money with more patrons tat use to drink along bridges (Clark Quay) and along Spore River (River Valley)............ :D[thumbsup]

Wow,,,,,,,,,, then we hv more BB in our Forum yah [:)][thumbsup] cheers [:)]

Maybe we get to see happy hour get extended to 11pm. LOL

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

That will be THE BEST [thumbsup][laugh]:D

who knows right? Maybe pub and KTV owners will extend HH to 11pm, so people after 10.30pm faster rush to nearest pub and order whatever and stay until pass midnight..LOL

• Praise 3

like that the problem is you, not the law. If everyone think and act this way, want law kum lan, tio boh? LOL

In any case, the is army rule no 1, do anything but don't get caught. LOL

Yah lah, tio caught sway lor... so might as well end up like Thailand with military laws right? Don't even need to debate the bill.

Well, they can pass this bill but I will see the enforcement will be slacked as usual.

They can set all kind of rules but never enforce what's the use?

So many examples.

Quite true!!

BTW, when rules are not enforced, they will say they are being "compassionate" to the pple mah...... [confused]

Yah lah, tio caught sway lor... so might as well end up like Thailand with military laws right? Don't even need to debate the bill.

Well, they can pass this bill but I will see the enforcement will be slacked as usual.

Well, I see it as just a reaction to an action on the bill. Before we even talk about enforcement, the bill need to be passed first. Enforcement is another thing, and in almost all things in life, there are double standards. Just like a company policies, the rules are there, but most of the time we don't really follow them all, we close one eye ourselves because we know we cannot enforce every policies, but still it got to be in the employee hand book.

• Praise 4

[thumbsup]

Well, I see it as just a reaction to an action on the bill. Before we even talk about enforcement, the bill need to be passed first. Enforcement is another thing, and in almost all things in life, there are double standards. Just like a company policies, the rules are there, but most of the time we don't really follow them all, we close one eye ourselves because we know we cannot enforce every policies, but still it got to be in the employee hand book.

Precisely. The law has to be there first so that IF enforcement is required, the law can be enforced.

Otherwise you have a high pitch voice saying "which law, which paragraph?" etc etc

• Praise 2

We have plenty of law to deal with rude behaviour. Why do we need another that just gives police a tool to whack when they want it?

Supercharged

Minimum bit, $15/- per can or $20/- per bottle ... [sly]

So when supply is low, price per bottle increase...!?? [:/]

I read this and want to faint lor...

If want to have beer at my BBQ at East Coast have to apply for license? [hur][smallcry][shakehead]

Cannot sit at the downstairs basketball court and enjoy a couple of quiet beers with friends?

Really really insane to me...

Can.

Just do it before 10.30 and at a coffee shop.

• Praise 2

We have plenty of law to deal with rude behaviour. Why do we need another that just gives police a tool to whack when they want it?

For a gun to be a weapon, I need to give you bullets as well, you use the bullets when you really need to, otherwise keep them safely. Most people will back off upon seeing the gun, but there are brave ones ( read stupid ones) who will still charge at you with a knife. A gun is nothing more than a piece of metal without the bullets you know.

And BTW, why are you so interested in SG laws, and please don't mix SG laws with your kiwi laws ok..LOL

• Praise 2

Precisely. The law has to be there first so that IF enforcement is required, the law can be enforced.

Otherwise you have a high pitch voice saying "which law, which paragraph?" etc etc

Everything happen for a reason, it depends on which angle we are looking at it..LOL

• Praise 3

Quite true!!

BTW, when rules are not enforced, they will say they are being "compassionate" to the pple mah...... [confused]

Compassionate ...... :o

They will tell you please dial this numbers as currently shortage of manpower.... [lipsrsealed]

Agree, a reaction to an action. I think the public is still very much 50 - 50 about this bill.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1