Which supplement are you taking daily ?

Worldir

I don't quite understand why do we need supplements, If we are having a balance diet or maybe near balance diet.

I cannot remember when was the last time I took a vitamins bill or whatever liquid supplement man.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

My recent supplement is lemon juice freshly squeezed and drink with warm water in the morning. No sugar/honey added. [grin]

Going to replenish my lemon stock later.

The price of lemon has gone up by almost 100% from last year, so sad..

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

How about the blue pill? Is it consider a supplement?

If you need it in order to perform , its medication , not supplement .

If you are able to perform to begin with , but take it to increase the level of hardness , then its considered a supplement .

I take Omega 3 Fish oil.

But you should check the amount of EPA and DHA per capsule which are the 'active' ingredients. The ones I take have 360mg and 240mg respectively per capsule. I take 3 capsules per day.

BTW about Glucosamine, which is much more expensive than Omega 3 capsules.

Glucosamine can only work if it is matabolised into Omega 3 in the stomach of those taking it and that in not possible in many people.

So if you take Glucosamine then you are paying over the odds for a tablet which well might not work for you.

Stick to Omega 3 fishoil.

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

If you need it in order to perform , its medication , not supplement .

If you are able to perform to begin with , but take it to increase the level of hardness , then its considered a supplement .

Thanks for your explanation. And I would like to think medication is more like prescript by doctors? Anyway so if one person is lacking in something in his body and are taking some healthy products, is it consider a supplement too?

• Praise 1

For heart protection and anti-inflammatory support for arthritis, Fish oil definetely is highly recommend....

The evidence is mixed.

Fish oils high in EPA/DHA have some protective effect in patients with ischemic heart disease.

The studies on normal healthy people are mixed. No definite benefit demonstrated so far...

• Praise 1

Fish oil & glucosamine in the morning

At night if I remember, biotin & Fo-Ti (ho shou wu)

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

What kind of fish oil (salmon, shark.....) do you take? And do you have preference for type of bottling used (plastic or glass)? I always look for amber glass bottle packing for supplements.

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

these are what my wife, son and i take everyday.

20141121_190444_zpsc167420f.jpg

those weight gainer and exercise iron are not everyday.

20141122_135941_zpseede6c63.jpg

• Praise 1