Windows 10 to be free for 1st year

Ender

Windows PC/laptop will lag severely unlike Mac machines which you can still use for > 5 years and it still function beautifully.

My co. SOP is max 3 years use; I think senior management get new machine every year. LOL...

Even then, 2 years, I can't stand the sh1ts and always hope it will konk off.

If u don't game why need to change laptop so fast...

Unless it dies on you.

Edited by Kangadrool
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

If u don't game why need to change laptop so fast...

Unless it dies on you.

still gaming :D finally completed metro last weekend.

maybe wait for elder scrolls online when its free to play in march.

No self respecting gamer would be caught using a laptop!

too leceh to lug to lan parties (yes, my friends and i used to get together once a week to play, when we could have just done it over the net. it was more fun and engaging while yelling like idiots at each other ... haha).

times have changed la ... need to keep an open mind. i got a 2012 razer blade, till today i can still play most games with decent frame rate le. plus at 2kg including adaptor, cant really complain ... just that the replacement cost is too damn high.

still gaming :D finally completed metro last weekend.

maybe wait for elder scrolls online when its free to play in march.

too leceh to lug to lan parties (yes, my friends and i used to get together once a week to play, when we could have just done it over the net. it was more fun and engaging while yelling like idiots at each other ... haha).

times have changed la ... need to keep an open mind. i got a 2012 razer blade, till today i can still play most games with decent frame rate le. plus at 2kg including adaptor, cant really complain ... just that the replacement cost is too damn high.

my wife uses aftershock.

Think i will get that as well after my HP conks out.

Razer blade was the 1st gaming ultrabook to have the Haswell chip.

Don't game anymore. Ha...

Windows PC/laptop will lag severely unlike Mac machines which you can still use for > 5 years and it still function beautifully.

My co. SOP is max 3 years use; I think senior management get new machine every year. LOL...

Even then, 2 years, I can't stand the sh1ts and always hope it will konk off.

If u take care and don't install funny things on your laptop. Such things won't really happen.

Office laptop boh pian cos the IT department guys just install tonnes of useless programmes on it.

My laptop is from 2012. Still runs well.

It's been donkey years since u need to run stuff like cache cleaner or what not. Those are from windows 95-98 era...

The Dual core Intel and AMD systems have been out since mid 2000s.

Other than the significant appreciable increase in RAM, there's been no change in daily usable speed of the laptop other than adding a SSD.

If like that, I rather stay with Windows 8.1 .. Pay one time and use for life, or til computer crash.

If you think about it like that, Windows 10 has the advantage. It's free for life, or till computer crash...

...because a Windows computer *will* crash within the year. :D

On a separate note, why does everyone still blame Gates when he's had little to do with the company for a few years now? Blame Satya Nadella. :D

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Android is too fragmented for manufacturers to do sw upgrades. They just need to keep pushing new devices can liao. [laugh]

When I bought my 920, I remembered it was on W8 Amber version, then update to Black, then now Cyan. Waiting for Denim update rolling out. Soon, it will be W10.

one phone can update so many times?

each update do you see improvement? is it better than android? or iOS?

Yes, as long as MS supports it except Windows 7 which MS abandoned and left many supporters with a sour after taste.

Most updates do see improvements and more features added, but of course sure have some bugs. [laugh]

Frankly, WP is not for everyone 'cos some diehards will always go for the fruit phone which you can buy and forget it for its simplicity or Androids which you can customize until it is totally unusable, but with plenty of apps. :D

You will hear a lot of complaints about WP lacks apps (especially banking apps) and for available apps, they are not as polished as those iOS or Androids. Yes, even MS own apps are better on iOS and Androids than WP. [shakehead]

WP is still not as matured as Androids or iOS, but reckon W10 will bridge the gap closer.

Why I use WP?

1. Cheap and plentiful models compared to fruit phone. If it decides to take a dive to the floor, just buy another one. From as cheap as $150 to high end $700 off contract, all work smoothly and without lag, same UI be it Lumia low end to high end or any other brands like Samsung or HTC, etc. So, for those who want to experience WP without committing their hard-earned $$$, a cheap $100+ Lumia will do.

2. Very stable OS (yes, I was v surprised when I first got my for W7 phone, which is very unlike Windows computers). My phone is ON 24/7/365 and hardly need to reboot it.

3. I am not an apps man. So, lack of apps don't really bother me.

Will I leave WP?

Maybe, why not? I am not a slave to any OS.

one phone can update so many times?

each update do you see improvement? is it better than android? or iOS?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

Yes, as long as MS supports it except Windows 7 which MS abandoned and left many supporters with a sour after taste.

I thought Win 7 will be supported with updates etc for at least another 5 years.

I am referring to Windows Phone 7. Confusing right? This is problem of Windows' branding.

I thought Win 7 will be supported with updates etc for at least another 5 years.

Turbocharged

my wife uses aftershock.

Think i will get that as well after my HP conks out.

Razer blade was the 1st gaming ultrabook to have the Haswell chip.

Don't game anymore. Ha...

except for ssd failure in the first year (actually, it was 1-2 weeks after warranty expired, but they were nice enough to replace the ssd and give me another 2 week warranty extension to monitor the issue) the laptop has been pretty good. sadly, not much time to game after getting married. i rather sit my ass on the couch and watch my tv shows lol

On a separate note, why does everyone still blame Gates when he's had little to do with the company for a few years now? Blame Satya Nadella. :D

actually, he has done a lot better for the company in terms of being open minded.

if you want to blame someone, blame balmer.

Most updates do see improvements and more features added, but of course sure have some bugs. [laugh]

Frankly, WP is not for everyone 'cos some diehards will always go for the fruit phone which you can buy and forget it for its simplicity or Androids which you can customize until it is totally unusable, but with plenty of apps. :D

You will hear a lot of complaints about WP lacks apps (especially banking apps) and for available apps, they are not as polished as those iOS or Androids. Yes, even MS own apps are better on iOS and Androids than WP. [shakehead]

WP is still not as matured as Androids or iOS, but reckon W10 will bridge the gap closer.

Why I use WP?

1. Cheap and plentiful models compared to fruit phone. If it decides to take a dive to the floor, just buy another one. From as cheap as $150 to high end $700 off contract, all work smoothly and without lag, same UI be it Lumia low end to high end or any other brands like Samsung or HTC, etc. So, for those who want to experience WP without committing their hard-earned $$$, a cheap $100+ Lumia will do.

2. Very stable OS (yes, I was v surprised when I first got my for W7 phone, which is very unlike Windows computers). My phone is ON 24/7/365 and hardly need to reboot it.

3. I am not an apps man. So, lack of apps don't really bother me.

Will I leave WP?

Maybe, why not? I am not a slave to any OS.

i want to buy but no one selling WP anymore [:(][:(]

except for ssd failure in the first year (actually, it was 1-2 weeks after warranty expired, but they were nice enough to replace the ssd and give me another 2 week warranty extension to monitor the issue) the laptop has been pretty good. sadly, not much time to game after getting married. i rather sit my ass on the couch and watch my tv shows lol

My friend has the Blade as well.

To me, it's just overpriced lol but I'm biased lol.

My wife uses the aftershock to play flash games lol...

Turbocharged

My friend has the Blade as well.

To me, it's just overpriced lol but I'm biased lol.

My wife uses the aftershock to play flash games lol...

it is :D but i managed to get a decent discount on it, so i decided to give it a shot :D

Got lah. Go to Nokia Funan Digital Mall or Handphoneshop. Best is still Nokia FDM; can see all models.

i want to buy but no one selling WP anymore [:(][:(]

it is :D but i managed to get a decent discount on it, so i decided to give it a shot :D

My friend was leaving for studies, and he wanted one with a haswell core. So he had to buy it lol.

Since u said they extended the warranty for your SSD. I think Razer CS is quite good.

Turbocharged

My friend was leaving for studies, and he wanted one with a haswell core. So he had to buy it lol.

Since u said they extended the warranty for your SSD. I think Razer CS is quite good.

i also was impressed by the customer service. the only thing i was unhappy about was when i sent in the laptop it was virtually scratch free, but when the service guy handed to me, there was a long scratch underneath about half an inch long. but he was apologetic about it and said it was an accident, so i didnt want to make his life too difficult. lucky he was a nice fella from the start :P (i told him i wanted to clone the old hdd but it seems that was against razer policy ... but he did it for me anyway ... so i guess, give and take lo ... )