New cars held up at LTA, seek process and procedure and time

Petamore

I guess I am not the only frustrated owner to be waiting for LTA to approve VICOM and then VITAS. LTA says takes about a month to 2 before a Cat B car can be released... urm yes, a Cat B car and NOT a Cat A car so no issue of turbo or not... The purpose of this thread is to seek clarity on the process and procedures before the car can be released to the owner. There is no transparency from the authorities.

Don't understand why one car has to go through 2 inspections and of different sorts to waste everyone's time. Couldn't this be done all at one queue and one visit?

How many weeks to get an appointment to clear VICOM? 1 - 2 months.

How many weeks to get another appointment to clear VITAS? 1 - 2 weeks.

VICOM is causing the queue... true?

VITAS can just queue on the spot and get cleared within a day while LTA takes an other week or 2 to issue the certificate... true?

What do the check at VICOM or VITAS?

The above all based on hear say... like i said, always hearing different things from people. Would appreciate feedback from folks who understand the system and clear serious doubts...

↡ Advertisement

Policies of late tend to be getting senseless. Am I the only one feeling so? From drinking, to cars and COE.

What about the rest?

I guess I am not the only frustrated owner to be waiting for LTA to approve VICOM and then VITAS. LTA says takes about a month to 2 before a Cat B car can be released... urm yes, a Cat B car and NOT a Cat A car so no issue of turbo or not... The purpose of this thread is to seek clarity on the process and procedures before the car can be released to the owner. There is no transparency from the authorities.

Don't understand why one car has to go through 2 inspections and of different sorts to waste everyone's time. Couldn't this be done all at one queue and one visit?

VITAS can just queue on the spot and get cleared within a day while LTA takes an other week or 2 to issue the certificate... true?

The above all based on hear say... like i said, always hearing different things from people. Would appreciate feedback from folks who understand the system and clear serious doubts...

• Praise 11

better clarify before kena smoked by dealer if they are not able to deliver car as promised ...

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 3

Just vote the correct box in the coming GE.

even so still cannot overturn the ruling party,

in Singapore car owners vs non-car population, obviously who are winner :D

• Praise 2

There are more non car owners voters in spore.

even so still cannot overturn the ruling party,

in Singapore car owners vs non-car population, obviously who are winner :D

• Praise 1

I'd really like to hear specific ideas and views on the systems and processes, from parties interested in running things, rather than place my blind faith in a simple change of government.

• Praise 6

Maybe is seller any snook one

Better call up LTA to check

LTA can do many awesome stuff like coe erp but one thing they cannot do is bluff you

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 4

Policies of late tend to be getting senseless. Am I the only one feeling so? From drinking, to cars and COE.

What about the rest?

Learned from boleh land....

• Praise 1

Generally a new car only needs to go through the homogeneous process, the thing is most of the new cars brought in already went thru this process and generally do not need to go through it again unless there was something on it not previously inspected.

My car was held up by LTA as I requested some options that was never inspected and the process had to be repeated for my vehicle. Working with my SE we manage to get LTA to speed it up a little.

Did you order a new car thru the AD or PI? Is this a car that is already available in Singapore?

Generally a new car only needs to go through the homogeneous process, the thing is most of the new cars brought in already went thru this process and generally do not need to go through it again unless there was something on it not previously inspected.

My car was held up by LTA as I requested some options that was never inspected and the process had to be repeated for my vehicle. Working with my SE we manage to get LTA to speed it up a little.

Did you order a new car thru the AD or PI? Is this a car that is already available in Singapore?

You meant homologation? 😂😂😂

• Praise 1

I'd really like to hear specific ideas and views on the systems and processes, from parties interested in running things, rather than place my blind faith in a simple change of government.

maybe no need a change, but just to show the ruling party how close it can get to losing power, or it cant go on bulldozing policies in parlimant and shaft everything down our throats [:)]

(edited)

Thanks for feedback. It's a 2014 PI car but definitely not the first in singapore. Called lta and it's a month to 2 of queueing for now.

I can imagine the cat A queue to be even slower.

Seems that nobody knows what's done at vicom or vitas and why the long queue and how long it really takes.

Edited by Petamore
↡ Advertisement