New 2015 Toyota Alphard and Vellfire

SeriousGuy

is it worth to pay premium to get SA model compare to S model? It is a few thousand and the difference seem to be cruise control and long slide of seats.

Hearsay got new 2.0T coming out for Alp/VF

Wow, do you think this is something an update of software can help to change for later batch?

change to english or Japanese? Thought now standardized to all English? 

Wait... model 20 or 30?

↡ Advertisement

Really? The harrier engine? That would be sweet.

Got any info as to when that will come?

Really? The harrier engine? That would be sweet.

Got any info as to when that will come?

Yes sir. same as Lexus RX/NX.... should be end of the year.. now Borneo stopped taking in orders for the Alp/Vell already.... 

• Praise 1

change to english or Japanese? Thought now standardized to all English? 

Wait... model 20 or 30?

?! Are you sure there will be a T version? Your info from the BM SE?

Sweet! If really true, I will hold off my thoughts to puchase.

• Praise 1

Just to share what I had observed on videos from youtube on this Alphard/Vellfire.

If you type Alphard or Vellfire 2015/2016/2017, you will very likely get many videos of latest Alphard/Vellfire with the lounge seats version especially those with English narration from local and neighboring countries. You will not get any videos of lower versions of Alphard/Vellfire with captain seats or 8-seater such as X/S/SA/Z/ZA variant. As not everyone is buying the highest end of this ride, it is quite frustrating.

One thing I learn subsequently is to use this Japanese phrase 30系 新型アルファード for Alphard and  30系 新型 ヴェルファイア for Vellfire. 30系 denotes the latest version. You may not understand the talking but there are some videos that are really helpful as self-explanatory, especially those with 手順 meaning  how to, like how to change to LED for cabin lights, install lights on internal hand rail, etc, etc..

Hope it is helpful to those keen on the ride.

• Praise 1

Can I ask which in car camera you all use? Am thinking of the road T10. Or is the Q7 already adequate?

Anyone used Garmin E560. Has pretty good reviews in the states and UK. but single channel.

Dear Brothers/Sisters of AVOSG,
There is an upcoming meet up. Details will be listed below. Please do come and join us. There will also be a photoshoot that day. For those joining us for the first time, fret not. Don't be shy. We might look fierce but we certainly don't bite. Cheers 1f609.png;)
Date: 22nd July 2017
Day: Saturday
Time: 1400hrs
Please include your names in the list on the comments section. Looking forward to seeing each and everyone of you guys

Just to share a simply DIY improvement that I have done.

When collected my Vellfire, realised that stock cabin lights are very dim and yellowish due to old-school bulbs been used all over. So went online to order a suitable LED replacement set specially for latest Alphrd/Vellfire that cost only $60 with free delivery:

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Interior-LED-Lighting-Set-Toyota-Alphard-Vellfire-GGH30-AGH30-AYH30/272284401751?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

Arrived exactly a week later yesterday.

Spent about 45mins putting them up, just need a flathead screw driver will do.

Really happy with the brightness. Really cheap for the quality.

post-101253-0-93803100-1501746690_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-80490900-1501746735_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-30467200-1501746760_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-75469100-1501746781_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heartlander

Heartlander, thanks so much for the link and the pictures. I totally agree that it looks so much better!

If you need any help on replacing the LEDs after buying it, I would be happy to guide. It is really worth the effort as so much brighter now. Cheers.

Hi,

Does anybody know or has installed a curtain that can block the view of the 2nd and 3rd row when you are standing in front of the car?

I'm not talking about the side window shades or curtains.

If you need any help on replacing the LEDs after buying it, I would be happy to guide. It is really worth the effort as so much brighter now. Cheers.

Thanks for the offer! Have ordered from the ebay seller too. 

Have done it on my Odyssey before... hope it is about the same. 

Are you planning to do anything else? Paint protection? Feeling pretty on about new car at present (although it is not here yet)

But agree that paying more than 1K for paint protection is overkill

Thanks for the offer! Have ordered from the ebay seller too. 

Have done it on my Odyssey before... hope it is about the same. 

Are you planning to do anything else? Paint protection? Feeling pretty on about new car at present (although it is not here yet)

But agree that paying more than 1K for paint protection is overkill

Installation is super easy, just need a test-pen will do. There are a few youtube videos showing how. I can meet up to help if necessary. All the lights are super easy except for the front centre reading lights need to pry the whole assembly out then poke to remove the 2 clear plastic pieces to replace the lights. Still very easy lah.

To share, I have bought > $500 worth of aesthetic items from ezbuy, such as chrome strips, chrome side gurnish, scuff plates, rear cargo mat, 40mm rear view mirror, etc, etc.

I have tried to get bro Benny to do up my ride but he turned down a few times saying Vellfire too big haha. I have not much confidence in other PPS makers that they will last for a few years. I am used to doing waxing myself so not too keen if can't last long. Got a DG Enviroshield from him to do up my ride temporarily while waiting for Optigloss from him.

Oh I also got a complete set of sun shade and chrome visor from this shop locally. Was given visor FOC by SE but it has no chrome strips so spolit the flow of chrome lines at the top of the car, so replaced it.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=105588

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2703992-sales-car-camera-headunits-speakers-accessories-aircon/

Did up a few of the items delivered from ezbuy.

The 40mm long rear view mirror definifely does not look too long in a car of this size. Can see very wide!

The scuff plates are easy to install except for 2 curve pieces at front.

post-101253-0-36948500-1501922409_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-82715100-1501922492.jpg

post-101253-0-70935000-1501922505.jpg

post-101253-0-38522500-1501922516_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-42519700-1501922525_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-39006000-1501922534_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

Installation is super easy, just need a test-pen will do. There are a few youtube videos showing how. I can meet up to help if necessary. All the lights are super easy except for the front centre reading lights need to pry the whole assembly out then poke to remove the 2 clear plastic pieces to replace the lights. Still very easy lah.

To share, I have bought > $500 worth of aesthetic items from ezbuy, such as chrome strips, chrome side gurnish, scuff plates, rear cargo mat, 40mm rear view mirror, etc, etc.

I have tried to get bro Benny to do up my ride but he turned down a few times saying Vellfire too big haha. I have not much confidence in other PPS makers that they will last for a few years. I am used to doing waxing myself so not too keen if can't last long. Got a DG Enviroshield from him to do up my ride temporarily while waiting for Optigloss from him.

Oh I also got a complete set of sun shade and chrome visor from this shop locally. Was given visor FOC by SE but it has no chrome strips so spolit the flow of chrome lines at the top of the car, so replaced it.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=105588

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2703992-sales-car-camera-headunits-speakers-accessories-aircon/

Jawdrop!

Will have a look on ezbuy and see what I can get too. Just concerned about what the quality will be like. 

No experience in the grooming department. Is Benny that good? How much will the Vellfire cost to do? 

Did up a few of the items delivered from ezbuy.

The 40mm long rear view mirror definifely does not look too long in a car of this size. Can see very wide!

The scuff plates are easy to install except for 2 curve pieces at front.

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing

Hi Bro,

2.5X is the basic model 8 seater (beige interior)

2.5Z is basic model 8 seater with bodykit, 18" rims, black interior

2.5ZA, with bodykit, 18"rims Black interior, 7 seater all manual seats,

2.5ZG with bodykit, 18"rims Black inteior, 7 seater captain power seats, power back door

cheers

whatsapp me for more details and faster response :)

ZA also comes with cruise control, easy closing for tailgate.

• Praise 1

my left passenger seat's blower is also not cold.

driver and rear is ok..

Anyone has similar issue and is able to share the repair workshop and price?

↡ Advertisement