New 2015 Toyota Alphard and Vellfire

SeriousGuy

Since 20/1/2018, the facelifted Alphard/Vellfire japanese micro-sites have been up and running.

Just now spent some time trying to look for any info about the increase in car height to 1.935m. Scrutinised the dimensional drawings and the pictures illustrations, then I realized where the additional height came from. The below picture courtesy of bro Carbon82 actually showed very clearly.

Would be good if the extra part can be removed, and replaced with an internal one like the 2015 version. Then I believe the car height would be lowered to 1.895m.

post-101253-0-60207500-1516716979_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Thanks. Because last Sunday, I pumped 63L for the very first time and there is no light indicator. Now i begin to wonder if my tank is 70L or 65L because from the earlier post, someone mentioned that PI's model is 65L and BM is 70L.

Thanks for sharing.

I pumped 67l before

Since 20/1/2018, the facelifted Alphard/Vellfire japanese micro-sites have been up and running.

Just now spent some time trying to look for any info about the increase in car height to 1.935m. Scrutinised the dimensional drawings and the pictures illustrations, then I realized where the additional height came from. The below picture courtesy of bro Carbon82 actually showed very clearly.

Would be good if the extra part can be removed, and replaced with an internal one like the 2015 version. Then I believe the car height would be lowered to 1.895m.

The new height is between 1,935mm to 1,950mm as can be seen from this drawings.

Vellfire ZG 7 Seater

2wxkaTI.png

Alphard Hybrid Executive Lounge 7 Seater

2z6OdEc.png

• Praise 5

Wow, Impressive. Our last mileage is about 9.5km / l. Maybe less highway .

Based on the onboard stats, I clock 12km per l. But manual monitoring shows it is closer to 11.2km/l. Not possible without start stop Edited by Icy2fire

Based on the onboard stats, I clock 12km per l. But manual monitoring shows it is closer to 11.2km/l. Not possible without start stop

Curious how you attribute your too fantastic FC to the start-stop system.

My previous rides with the feature, with and without all getting same FC. You are really the first person I encounter that speaks well of it.

Curious how you attribute your too fantastic FC to the start-stop system.

My previous rides with the feature, with and without all getting same FC. You are really the first person I encounter that speaks well of it.

Cuz I tried it with and without during my fast month.

Also I set it such a way that it displays my trip FC as default. If I don't use SS, you can see the FC drop at traffic lights.

But I don't use it all the time. If I stop for less than 10 secs, I will not depress fully.

For FC I am getting just under 10km per l. One tank about 550. But I do the school runs with a lot of waiting. My ride also does not have the start stop.

Have managed to get up to 14km per l on trips when I am almost 100 percent on highway.

Cuz I tried it with and without during my fast month.

Also I set it such a way that it displays my trip FC as default. If I don't use SS, you can see the FC drop at traffic lights.

But I don't use it all the time. If I stop for less than 10 secs, I will not depress fully.

On my previous 2 MPV rides which I have owned for about 3 years each, a Mazda and a VW, I have extensively tested with the Start-Stop feature on and off, and came with the conclusion that this is useless in improving FC. Unless your driving pattern involves a lot of idling time, which would definitely see improvement in FC as engine would be turned off at intervals to save fuel, but the down-side would be the increase in the tear-and-wear of engine parts. There is no free lunch.

By the way, did you use the long-term FC reading? I normally do not care much about the single-trip FC as normally not that accurate.

Perhaps you can redo your test to do per tank basis, meaning 1 tank with Start-Stop ON, and the next tank with Start-Stop OFF. That would be more conclusive about the effect of the feature. And perhaps any other 2015 Alphard/Vellfire with Start-Stop feature can provide some feedback on this? Thanks a lot.

To update, currently my FC has been steadily improving, have been getting 8.6km/L for the last 2 tanks. Previously had been languishing at 7.6km/L for quite a while. If can maintain at 8.6km/L I would be so happy already. I read the Japanese forum with many thousands of FC readings reported, all averaging less that 9km/L. This car is huge and heavy, no choice.

This ride is certainly much better in petrol consumption compares to my previous Grandis. Plus, very nice to drive

Can share your FC and whether it come with Start-Stop feature?

Yes definitely agree with you that this ride is nice to drive. Very comfortable and just enough power to go with it.

On my previous 2 MPV rides which I have owned for about 3 years each, a Mazda and a VW, I have extensively tested with the Start-Stop feature on and off, and came with the conclusion that this is useless in improving FC. Unless your driving pattern involves a lot of idling time, which would definitely see improvement in FC as engine would be turned off at intervals to save fuel, but the down-side would be the increase in the tear-and-wear of engine parts. There is no free lunch.

By the way, did you use the long-term FC reading? I normally do not care much about the single-trip FC as normally not that accurate.

Perhaps you can redo your test to do per tank basis, meaning 1 tank with Start-Stop ON, and the next tank with Start-Stop OFF. That would be more conclusive about the effect of the feature. And perhaps any other 2015 Alphard/Vellfire with Start-Stop feature can provide some feedback on this? Thanks a lot.

To update, currently my FC has been steadily improving, have been getting 8.6km/L for the last 2 tanks. Previously had been languishing at 7.6km/L for quite a while. If can maintain at 8.6km/L I would be so happy already. I read the Japanese forum with many thousands of FC readings reported, all averaging less that 9km/L. This car is huge and heavy, no choice.

Can share your FC and whether it come with Start-Stop feature?

Yes definitely agree with you that this ride is nice to drive. Very comfortable and just enough power to go with it.

Yes I reset per tank too. That's how I get the full tank milage and the average FC of 12 km/l (onboard reading).

Also did without start stop. For full tank I get around 600km

Yes I reset per tank too. That's how I get the full tank milage and the average FC of 12 km/l (onboard reading).

Also did without start stop. For full tank I get around 600km

For my case, I am getting around 550km per full tank now. With empty tank pumping about 65L, I am getting around 8.6km/L for last 2 tanks based on manual calculation method, not relying on onboard reading which is not that accurate. Just half month ago, I had been getting only about 500km per full tank.

If you getting 600km for a full tank, your FC should be about 600/65 = 9.23km/L as empty tank is about 65L. Or am I wrong somewhere on your situation?

Edited by Heartlander

Yes, I also use Start-Stop. My wife drives the kids to school so its like 50% highway. My petrol consumption is like 9.5 km/l.

For me I believe this is achievable depending on your travel pattern.

Recently I drove to KL and averaging about 120~130km/L for most of the journey, only at city centre did I slow down to about 60 to 80 km/hr for only about 1/2 hour. And I got around 10km/L for the whole trip for a full tank. To me this speaks as the potential of the car as the traffic is clear and no sudden start-stop, going about at intervals of 1.5 to 2 hours with rest in-between. Due to the weight of the car, it is not realistic to expect a FC of a sedan.

For my case, I am getting around 550km per full tank now. With empty tank pumping about 65L, I am getting around 8.6km/L for last 2 tanks based on manual calculation method, not relying on onboard reading which is not that accurate. Just half month ago, I had been getting only about 500km per full tank.

If you getting 600km for a full tank, your FC should be about 600/65 = 9.23km/L as empty tank is about 65L. Or am I wrong somewhere on your situation?

I am getting 750km when the light is up. Based on my calculations it is around 11:2km/l although the dashboard indicates my per tank FC as 12km/l.

I believe my tank is up to 70l as I pumped 67l before and the screen indicates I have around 30km left before empty

For FC I am getting just under 10km per l. One tank about 550. But I do the school runs with a lot of waiting. My ride also does not have the start stop.

Have managed to get up to 14km per l on trips when I am almost 100 percent on highway.

Given you do not have start stop and you do a lot of waiting I would say your FC is very good.

I rarely do any waiting. Would off the engine or engage start stop if I need to wait.

Edited by Icy2fire

I am getting 750km when the light is up. Based on my calculations it is around 11:2km/l although the dashboard indicates my per tank FC as 12km/l.

I believe my tank is up to 70l as I pumped 67l before and the screen indicates I have around 30km left before empty

Given you do not have start stop and you do a lot of waiting I would say your FC is very good.

I rarely do any waiting. Would off the engine or engage start stop if I need to wait.

Really salute you for getting 750km for a tank.  [thumbsup] 

Can share how you achieve it? Don't mind I list down the questions so that would be easy for you to answer:

Fuel type: 95/97/above 97

Travel pattern:

Travel timing: 

Traffic condition:

Mileage/year:

Aircon turned on:

passengers in car:

any add-on electrical device:

car tyre size:

Car tyre brand:

I would be very happy to learn from you how to achieve this excellent FC! Am sure the rest over here too. Thanks very much.

Edited by Heartlander
↡ Advertisement