New 2015 Toyota Alphard and Vellfire

SeriousGuy

Really salute you for getting 750km for a tank. [thumbsup]

Can share how you achieve it? Don't mind I list down the questions so that would be easy for you to answer:

Fuel type: 95/97/above 97

Travel pattern:

Travel timing:

Traffic condition:

Mileage/year:

Aircon turned on:

passengers in car:

any add-on electrical device:

car tyre size:

Car tyre brand:

I would be very happy to learn from you how to achieve this excellent FC! Am sure the rest over here too. Thanks very much.

Fuel: 95

Travel Patten: 70:30

Aircon: On (find that our Aircon is very efficient and doesn't impact on the FC much, but it does reduce the stop duration due to climate control)

Passengers: Ave 3-4 pax

Stock Borneo

When I first started I just got 600km/l. But I gradually got to understand the car better. I still drive fast, but I don't do harsh acceleration and braking much. This is very important.

As for start stop, you need to understand how it works over time. A few observations.

1. I recommend to set start stop to extended so that the engine does not kick in so fast.

2. If you are waiting for a long while, you can off your front Aircon and the engine will be able to remain off for a longer duration. Guess the climate sensor for start stop is in front.

I don't torture myself and drive as normal and Aircon remains on. So am very pleased with the ride

↡ Advertisement

My friend is driving the 2.5l Alphard bought from PI, without stop-start function. He told me half tank of petrol can only travel ard 200-220 km. But he is very happy with the car as it is like "traveling in 1st class cabin" everyday.

Neutral Newbie

Was looking at Alphard 2018 but had second thought about the 1.935 height. The salesman was proposing to change thinner tyre and lower the car to below 1.9m. Will there be any major impact to driving on road?

Was looking at Alphard 2018 but had second thought about the 1.935 height. The salesman was proposing to change thinner tyre and lower the car to below 1.9m. Will there be any major impact to driving on road?

The salesman must be kidding. [hur]  Changing to thinner tyres alone will affect the rolling diameter, which in turn will result in inaccurate speedometer reading, reduce the ground clearance, poorer ride comfort, etc. etc. NOT Recommended. [shakehead] 

The easiest way is to remove the shark fin antenna. I still wonder why Toyota added the shark fin antenna to this flagship people carrier... [confused]

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 4

The salesman must be kidding. [hur]  Changing to thinner tyres alone will affect the rolling diameter, which in turn will result in inaccurate speedometer reading, reduce the ground clearance, poorer ride comfort, etc. etc. NOT Recommended. [shakehead] 

The easiest way is to remove the shark fin antenna. I still wonder why Toyota added the shark fin antenna to this flagship people carrier... [confused]

Adding to the above cons, thinner tires will reduce the load rating. This is already a 2ton car. Imagine if you are going to fully load 7 or 8 person, then the 4 tires load rating will not handle the weight.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks both.. Don't understand why Toyota added that antenna. The Salesman did come back with another option to remove the sharkfin antenna locally and patch up.. But the reception will not be good as using internal antenna.. I doubt poor reception since there is no sharkfin antenna for 2015 Alphard and no complaint..

Thanks both.. Don't understand why Toyota added that antenna. The Salesman did come back with another option to remove the sharkfin antenna locally and patch up.. But the reception will not be good as using internal antenna.. I doubt poor reception since there is no sharkfin antenna for 2015 Alphard and no complaint..

Do not worry too much if you are keen on the ride. The 2015 version came with internal antenna without any issue, same as what was on my previous ride. The extra safety features that come standard now are really good to have.

Can share what pricing being offered, and under standard package or Aero package? 

Neutral Newbie

Was quoted $190K ++ for SA model (Aero package) and 2K++ for changing to large armrest with console box. Solar film will be cool and lite. Didn't really negotiate as slightly taken back by the height issue. 

Was quoted $190K ++ for SA model (Aero package) and 2K++ for changing to large armrest with console box. Solar film will be cool and lite. Didn't really negotiate as slightly taken back by the height issue. 

Imho if you do not intend to splurge on a lounge seats variant, then SA (or ZA for Vellfire) is the variant to go as it has the long seat track for front passenger to slide the seat all the way to the back, and it comes with ottoman leg rest which will benefit from this feature. Like that 3 passengers would be able to recline fully with ottoman up to enjoy long trips. Be ready to handle dispute on who sit where if you have more than 2 kids. 

Changing to large console would make the ride look more atas, but making access from driver space to passenger space difficult. Given the choice, I would not want as I have encountered quite handful of situation where I have to park my ride close to driver side thus unable to exit from there. So I simply spread my leg to move over to the passenger side then exit from there. With the large console, it would be very difficult and not elegant to do so haha. But it is a tough choice to make if I have the option as really atas to have. And $2k++ is not expensive for the upgrade.

To be honest, go for this ride if you have the intention to own it for awhile already. Just remove the shark fin antenna and convert to a internal antenna will bring the car height to 1.895m if can be done. The ride is amazing as it is, and with the aero package really will make people very jealous of you haha. The Toyota safety sense package that comes standard is really something that every car should have. Just be mindful that the FC will be about 8km/L for normal people and road tax is abit high. But all is forgotten when you are driving it. You will sighed when talking about it, but it is more of a resigned sigh as you understand what you are getting in return. Enjoy the process.

Hi

Just wanna check if any bros is driving the 3.5cc alphard or vellfire.. how is the fuel consumption like.. and how does the car drives..

Thxs

Hi

Just wanna check if any bros is driving the 3.5cc alphard or vellfire.. how is the fuel consumption like.. and how does the car drives..

Thxs

Well,such a heavy MPV with a V6 3.5L engine,you won't get good FC,7-8km/L will be normal for our type of traffic,planning to buy a 3,5L Car,you need to expect high Road Tax & FC...

Yes bro. I am looking at a 3.5L

Need to change my current ride due to some family reasons. I am afraid the 2.5L might be a little underpower for me..First time driving a MPV as all my previous rides are salons and turbo charged..

The 2.5 Engine is "enough" for normal use,you don't use Huge MPV for Racing....the only difference between a 2.5 & 3.5 is the V6 got "sweeter" sound,more equipment & slightly better pick up...you decide yourself,can afford the V6,don't worry about FC & Road Tax,just go for it.

Turn out that the shark antenna that contributed to the increase of car height by 3.5cm is to allow t-connect to work through DCM comms system. The t-connect is a subscription-base system offered in Japan to allow car owners there to get various help listed in following webpage:

http://toyota.jp/tconnectservice/?padid=ag341_from_vellfire_interior_tconnect_dcm

carlineup_vellfire_interior_navi_pic_11.
全グレードにDCM(専用通信機)が標準装備。クルマとトヨタスマートセンターが通信でつながることで、安心・安全・快適・便利なT-Connectのサービスがご利用いただけます。サービスのご利用には、T-Connectの契約

A bit like concierge service. So removing it will not have any impact over here. The FM radio antenna is a separate device altogether.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for the info. I'll booked the facelife SA on the condition to remove the shark antenna and install internal antenna. Look like need to make slight changes. 

I'll pass this info to the PI for them to test radio station signal after removing the shark antenna. 

Thanks for the info. I'll booked the facelife SA on the condition to remove the shark antenna and install internal antenna. Look like need to make slight changes.

I'll pass this info to the PI for them to test radio station signal after removing the shark antenna.

Bro, can share your package with me?

Am planning to purchase the FL Alphard as well..

↡ Advertisement