New 2015 Toyota Alphard and Vellfire

SeriousGuy

I test drove the BM VF before deciding on PI. You need to compare the ZG package against BM's Executive (anyway, BM's VF only got 1 pkg). Few reason I go for PI (my first PI car)

1. 10K cheaper (but OMV is 6K lower).

2. I get to choose the leather colour and even can customize with 2 tone leather.

3. free front/back cam, mobile tv, ceramic coat, all round scuff plate and other stuff which BM also offered.

4. incl body kit (but this is subjective, kit looks a little bold, but we like)

5. Better HU (Alpine with i think 11" roof mount screen). Go try BM's InTouch HU, you may not like it. Their roof mount screen feels crapy.

6. Warranty/service is 5yrs 100K. BM i think 5yrs 60k, got free servicing? Of course, BM's warranty gives you peace of mind. But being a Toyota, i'm not too concern.

I thnk maybe you got confused with Richburg's Executive Lounge version. That's a 3.5L version. Its pilot seats are different from the rest.

Edited by Unitek
↡ Advertisement

I rem seeing PI doesn't come with stop-start function for the engine, but Borneo one has this feature. Is this one of the key features for new Alphard/VF?

I rem seeing PI doesn't come with stop-start function for the engine, but Borneo one has this feature. Is this one of the key features for new Alphard/VF?

I rem new, old, PI/BM all comes with start/stop button.

Anyone know which are the carparks to avoid for VF? SA say min clearance is 1.9m.

I rem new, old, PI/BM all comes with start/stop button.

Anyone know which are the carparks to avoid for VF? SA say min clearance is 1.9m.

See attached photo. Auto stop-start button not installed (unlike Borneo one).

post-21285-0-40469500-1439093275_thumb.png

• Praise 1

Let me try to compare BM - VS - ZG edition VF or SC edition Alphard, what one have the other none.

BM

- start stop button

- leather seat

- no 110km/hr limit for cruise control

- toyota touch screen

- english manual

ZG/SC

- steering wheel warmer (button on lower R dashboard)

- Pre crash safety system (part of radar cruise control)

- Radar cruise control (3 settings - button on lower L dashboard)

- SET button on remote control (allow the sliding door to automatically open when approach - with key)

(note: Even the 3.5 L version PI usually offers non leather - ?too costly)

Exterior wise - BM body are standard. PI offer the aero body version (like the SC or ZG)

- bodykits

- darkened lights (obvious on the rear)

- wheels are similar

(the lower specs and the highest executive lounge version have different wheels)

For lower specs PI VF/Alphard, the following options will be absent

- daytime running lights

- cornering lights (activated when signal indicator activated or turn wheels - slow speed only. When reverse, both left and right activated)

- cruise control

- window blinds (middle and 3rd row)

- electric seat (both driver and passenger)

- electric ottoman (passenger and both middle row)

- LED interior room lights

- auto reverse tilt mirror

- power tailgate/autoboot

- large console box

Hope this info useful for potential owners deciding between PI and BM.

Pls add - might have miss some, this is what i recall from memory.

• Praise 1

Hi All,

went to scout around over the weekend with my brother in law who was looking for his ride and came across a very fantastic price for their existing stock Alphard from the PI I have booked my own ride from. Even I am tempted..

I don't want to mention any PI. If any keen then PM.

Edited by Joyinsep

Correction:

The radar cruise control and pre Crash safety is an additional options for ZG or SC, not standard equipped for that version, think around ?4-5 K more.

Sorry wrong info earlier.

Correction:

The radar cruise control and pre Crash safety is an additional options for ZG or SC, not standard equipped for that version, think around ?4-5 K more.

Sorry wrong info earlier.

Yes. I actually find the pre crash safety feature quite interesting. Not sure if its practical though.

I was looking into the spec sheet for both Vellfire and Alphard, wow! there are so many models and different code for both cars!!! Is ZG=SC?

Do you think it is neccessary to install addtional battery for the many stuff that will be added in? Addtional stuff like front/rear camera, TV, GPS tracker, lighted scuff plates, additional USB outlets, etc.

Am also enquiring on the Modellista kit now. Not sure if it'll give enough clearance since its attached on.

Yesterday night, at an empty carpark in Pasir Ris, tested the "pre crash" feature - drive at a slow speed straight to a barrier (we placed a cardboard - will not cause dent if hit) and the car stopped/braked itself - was impressed.

My dealer don't even know if mine comes with this feature or not? How to know?

Frankly i dont know too, until 2 incidents, warning signs appearing when cars cut across my lane very closely (when I'm cruising on a highway). Also another incident where the car brake itself at Tuas Check point when ICA staff place a cone suddenly in front of me (was inching forward slowly before the luggage check). Then went to Japanese website and saw the Alphard videos of this system.

As the front and rear sonar clearance/sensor is standard acrosss all alphard/vellfire, its possible that the Pre Crash/Collision system use these sonars to avoid low speed collision and hence standard item for all?. Suggest try to do what i did with a cardboard or pylon in an empty carpark (kindly ensure safety of any pedestrian).

For radar cruise control, the 2 round wave radar sensors are located (quite hidden) at lower part of grille. Please keep it clean and avoid scratching it (thinki its a precision device). The sensors are more "prominent" on a vellfire (just below the chrome). Sorry cant show you photos. Alternatively watch the speedometer cluster whenever you activate the cruise button and engage/set it - its shows "Radar Cruise Active. Please pay attention to other vehicles..." (something like that).

For additional battery - not required. Should be ok provided you dont on these accessories when the engine is off.

By the way, there is an automatic cut off timer - will automatically off DVD/TV after certain duration (think around 10-15min).

Note:

1) When you off the engine, the exterior lights (headlights/tailights) may still be ON unless you open the door.

2) Advisable to off engine when stationary for prolonged periods.

Neutral Newbie

I test drove the BM VF before deciding on PI. You need to compare the ZG package against BM's Executive (anyway, BM's VF only got 1 pkg). Few reason I go for PI (my first PI car)

1. 10K cheaper (but OMV is 6K lower).

2. I get to choose the leather colour and even can customize with 2 tone leather.

3. free front/back cam, mobile tv, ceramic coat, all round scuff plate and other stuff which BM also offered.

4. incl body kit (but this is subjective, kit looks a little bold, but we like)

5. Better HU (Alpine with i think 11" roof mount screen). Go try BM's InTouch HU, you may not like it. Their roof mount screen feels crapy.

6. Warranty/service is 5yrs 100K. BM i think 5yrs 60k, got free servicing? Of course, BM's warranty gives you peace of mind. But being a Toyota, i'm not too concern.

I thnk maybe you got confused with Richburg's Executive Lounge version. That's a 3.5L version. Its pilot seats are different from the rest.

Bro, which PI offers the Vellfire with Alpine HU + roof monitor? Mind PM me if its sensitive to post in main? Thank you.

• Praise 1

Just collect my Alphard SC package,car look huge,drive is smooth. Any bros know where can purchase Alphard original car mat,dealers give those cheapo 3A car mat.

• Praise 2

Followed a latest Vellfire along AMK Ave 5 this morning. Always thought the previous alphard/Vellfire as van-like especially from rear, but the latest design is really :a-m1212: . Its rear light cluster is really modern, no longer van-like, and the shape does not look like a coffin. Certainly does not look like a Toyota, haha.