Car fuel tank problem?

Enduro25

Hi, recently i had pump a full tank for my car. My pumping habit had not changed,but price of petrol had dropped slightly.But is also becos of price dropped ,i noticed i pumped more than my tank can hold. 50.25 litres for a 1.4 getz??to confirm this i gonna try on other brand petrol station .if is the same, meaning my car got some problem existing..just wan to share whether anyone encountered this? thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

Do you know what is the capacity of your car's fuel tank? If its over this capacity, then maybe there's a leak somewhere....

Cos if you count by litres of petrol pumped in, then the price of petrol increase/decrease does not matter.

Supercharged

my car fuel tank capacity is 45l.

Then how can you pump up to 50 litres ?? Unless you can prove that the pump indicator at the petrol station is faulty....

Supercharged

Then how can you pump up to 50 litres ?? Unless you can prove that the pump indicator at the petrol station is faulty....

Probably the capacity specified doesn't include the buffer. Was 8 litres in my previous Hyundai Matrix.

Hi, recently i had pump a full tank for my car. My pumping habit had not changed,but price of petrol had dropped slightly.But is also becos of price dropped ,i noticed i pumped more than my tank can hold. 50.25 litres for a 1.4 getz??to confirm this i gonna try on other brand petrol station .if is the same, meaning my car got some problem existing..just wan to share whether anyone encountered this? thanks.

Did you notice a petrol smell when you stand around the rear of your car? My friend's avante got a leaked fuel tank, at that time, he noticed his FC dropped from 500+km to only 300+km, sent to the workshop and mechanic spotted a small crack at the fuel tank.

my car fuel tank capacity is 45l.

If ur tank capacity is 45L, then max is 45L. But not possible to pump 45L cos ur fuel empty light will on when d tank left about 10-15% fuel.

Supercharged

If ur tank capacity is 45L, then max is 45L. But not possible to pump 45L cos ur fuel empty light will on when d tank left about 10-15% fuel.

Yes, exactly. [nod]

You can pump 5L over the max capacity?? You should be seeing a huge river of petrol flowing out from under your car..... unlikely to be undetectable...

my colt 45 liter max I pump is 41.2L up to the brim.

50 liters u shake and hump the car gao gao is it plus jack the car to 1 side then possible

↡ Advertisement