Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
49 replies to this topic | 38 praises

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:56 PM

Spken1976
  • Spken1976
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all, need your advices. Had changed my 4 tyres recently, do I need to get my alignment done also?? Had done the rotation during changing. My steering wheel was tilted a bit now.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

It's always good to do alignment when change Tyres. It will better serve ur new Tyres 😄👍
2BDriver praised this
Live Well 😊

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:42 PM

Chowyunfatt
  • Premium member
    Chowyunfatt
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Hi all, need your advices. Had changed my 4 tyres recently, do I need to get my alignment done also?? Had done the rotation during changing. My steering wheel was tilted a bit now.

Must do alignment ...
Its Not How You Pick Your Nose...Its Where You Flick The Booger...!!!

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:52 PM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If you hold your steering wheel straight, but your car is drifting to the side, alignment won't help.
If you let go your steering wheel, it automatically turn slightly to the side, you need to do alignment.

Find a straight, flat road and test. Of course, look out for traffic..

Recently, I needed to do alignment, after I changed my rims & tires from 14" to 16". Cost $70,at Kenny wheel alignment.
StefanK and Yewheng praised this

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

StefanK
  • Premium member
    StefanK
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

If you hold your steering wheel straight, but your car is drifting to the side, alignment won't help.
If you let go your steering wheel, it automatically turn slightly to the side, you need to do alignment.

Recently, I needed to do alignment, after I changed my rims & tires from 14" to 16". Cost $70,at Kenny wheel alignment.

Kenny is a good place to go.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:04 PM

Spken1976
  • Spken1976
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi, thks for all the advices. Btw anyone been to KN Garage for alignment? Any comments? Cause I live nearby there.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:21 PM

Spinelli_ck
  • Premium member
    Spinelli_ck
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi, thks for all the advices. Btw anyone been to KN Garage for alignment? Any comments? Cause I live nearby there.

in case you really need a fast turnaround time to get the wheels aligned, you may go to Aesop Automotive Centre. i have been to both workshops which are located in AMK. the Malay uncle is just as good as Kenny. slightly cheaper as well.  :D

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

Spken1976
  • Spken1976
    Clutched
    Author Image

in case you really need a fast turnaround time to get the wheels aligned, you may go to Aesop Automotive Centre. i have been to both workshops which are located in AMK. the Malay uncle is just as good as Kenny. slightly cheaper as well.  :D

Hi thks for the recommendation.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I always go look for Bryan at Autokinetics 👍😄
Live Well 😊

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

-zion88-
  • Premium member
    -zion88-
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi, got a bit confused. 

My car will drift to one side if my steering wheel is straight. In order to drive straight, i need to turn the steering wheel slightly to the right. So i guess its the same as your first point, meaning alignment wont help? 

So what can be done for that? Sorry noob driver here.  [sweatdrop]

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:17 AM

Blacksnow
  • Blacksnow
    4th Gear
    Author Image

It's always good to do alignment when change Tyres. It will better serve ur new Tyres 😄👍

can explain why change tyre must do alignment?

tyre profile remains the same

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:12 AM

FourZero
  • Premium member
    FourZero
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

can explain why change tyre must do alignment?

tyre profile remains the same

Good to do, one reason for myself is to make sure my new Tyres r align n balance properly so as not to hv new Tyres wear uneven fm day one.

N anyway I change Tyres once every 2 yrs, so doing alignment is also part of routine check to make sure car Alingment is good😄

Some wouldn't do, still ok.
Aaronlkl praised this
Live Well 😊

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:25 AM

Optramagnum
  • Premium member
    Optramagnum
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi, got a bit confused. 

My car will drift to one side if my steering wheel is straight. In order to drive straight, i need to turn the steering wheel slightly to the right. So i guess its the same as your first point, meaning alignment wont help? 

So what can be done for that? Sorry noob driver here.  [sweatdrop]

Hi, probably I didn't explain properly due to my poor English. Nonetheless, please search some videos from YouTube, perhaps you will understand better. Essentially, alignment only adjust your tires, to prevent uneven wear and tear. For your case, need to align your steering wheel which normal workshop can do the job.

Edited by Optramagnum, 29 January 2015 - 10:28 AM.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:33 AM

-zion88-
  • Premium member
    -zion88-
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Hi, probably I didn't explain properly due to my poor English. Nonetheless, please search some videos from YouTube, perhaps you will understand better. Essentially, alignment only adjust your tires, to prevent uneven wear and tear. For your case, need to align your steering wheel which normal workshop can do the job.

Thanks for the reply. [thumbsup]  I get it now, i always thought that wheel alignment and steering are together, as in one single process.  [sweatdrop]

Yewheng praised this

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

Spken1976
  • Spken1976
    Clutched
    Author Image

Went to KN Garage for alignment this morning. Spent $30. But think nothing improved. My steering wheel still tilted. Went back to the shop in the afternoon to rectify, the guy just took my car for a ride outside and came back and told me it was rectified. I asked him what did he do, and he was unable to answer. Drove back and found out the steering wheel is still tilted. Totally not recommend to this shop.

Bought the tyres from AL Tyres and they recommended me to this workshop.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:43 PM

Yeobh
  • Yeobh
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Went to KN Garage for alignment this morning. Spent $30. But think nothing improved. My steering wheel still tilted. Went back to the shop in the afternoon to rectify, the guy just took my car for a ride outside and came back and told me it was rectified. I asked him what did he do, and he was unable to answer. Drove back and found out the steering wheel is still tilted. Totally not recommend to this shop.

Bought the tyres from AL Tyres and they recommended me to this workshop.

Search in this forum " Side Slip " there are tons of information

Visit My Facebook for the latest automotive breaking news & innovative specialty tools.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:46 AM

Spken1976
  • Spken1976
    Clutched
    Author Image

Now the guy at KN Garage told me that my tyres are faulty. And need to change. Come on just changed 3 days ago.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

Picanyeo
  • Picanyeo
    1st Gear
    Author Image

You can try JC wheel dynamics at Jurong east. Can look for Ah xiong. I've been there twice and it's pretty good.

You can google for more reviews to decide.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:27 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Now the guy at KN Garage told me that my tyres are faulty. And need to change. Come on just changed 3 days ago.

Based on my understanding of wheel alignment, it's only adjusting the position of your tyres. It wouldn't correct any problems with your steering wheel. So if you need to turn slightly left/right to maintain a straight line, probably need to get the steering adjusted. If it's not too far off, why not leave it? My car also has a slight drift, but managed to pass inspection so leaving it alone.

Posted 30 January 2015 - 10:13 PM

Spken1976
  • Spken1976
    Clutched
    Author Image

Went back to the workshop again to rectify the problem, the staff just change my left tyre to right, right tyre to left. And told me it's will be alright. But after test drive, the car still moving to the left and the steering wheel maintain tilted.

Had contacted AL Tyres to assist and they called the workshop to redo the alignment for me again tomorrow.

Very piss off with them. Hope the workshop can able to fix it tomorrow.

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Poh Heng Services Pte Ltd

Poh Heng Services Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Eyke  |  Turbocharged

Went to change tyres, after paying THEN they tell me one of the wheel lug bolt cannot be screwed back in.

Instead of helping to resolve the issue they caused by improper reinstallation of the wheel, they gave me the lug bolt and ask me go fix it myself.

Will never go back there again. » Read More

MBM Wheelpower

MBM Wheelpower  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Nivlek96  |  Neutral Newbie

Went for my first 1,000KM servicing at MBM Wheelpower Sin Ming Autocity this morning. Was served by Mr Keong and Ms Lilian. Excellent service. They were patient, professional, understanding and genuinely helpful. The lounge was luxurious and well-maintained. The workshop was clean, orderly and professionally managed. Overall, it was an excellent customer experience toda... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Tyres & Rims

Quick Reply

Tags: nissan, tyres, wheel, rim, need and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users