New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

It is possible to negotiate an over trade without a corresponding increase in car loan, which is essentially a direct discount to the car price.

Not applicable to those who do not have enough cash for 40% or more down payment though

😃

↡ Advertisement

got ... the overtrade will suddenly turn into a "discount" lor instead of called overtrade

but don't expect more or equal to overtrade la ... because overtrade means you got used car to trade in

selling or contra the used car to their side lobang also making profit $ ...

it's all about "hidden" profit here there everywhere ... like the fat coe margin, finance comms - higher loan equal higher discount

ie: overtrade = $10K ... no used car to overtrade then may be get $2K-$3K discount lor after nego until saliva dried up

What happens if there is no car to trade in? Totally no discount?

Edited by Wt_know

got ... the overtrade will suddenly turn into a "discount" lor instead of called overtrade

but don't expect more or equal to overtrade la ... because overtrade means you got used car to trade in

selling or contra the used car to their side lobang also making profit $ ...

it's all about "hidden" profit here there everywhere ... like the fat coe margin, finance comms - higher loan equal higher discount

ie: overtrade = $10K ... no used car to overtrade then may be get $2K-$3K discount lor after nego until saliva dried up

Cheh, like that one ah? So usually will still get the discount but will be slightly less by 2-3k? I will be looking around sometime by 3rd quarter this year and I have no car to trade in...

Cheh, like that one ah? So usually will still get the discount but will be slightly less by 2-3k? I will be looking around sometime by 3rd quarter this year and I have no car to trade in...

even less. meaning instead of 10k overtrade discount, you get 2~3k cash discount.

The loan curb and COE price are making ppl holding on to their car much longer than before, so used car market is suffering from supply shortage. Hence they are more willing to get trade-in cars because it means another potential business for them. Just my 2 cents.

even less. meaning instead of 10k overtrade discount, you get 2~3k cash discount.

The loan curb and COE price are making ppl holding on to their car much longer than before, so used car market is suffering from supply shortage. Hence they are more willing to get trade-in cars because it means another potential business for them. Just my 2 cents.

If just 2-3k discount out of 10k over trade, then dun think I will buy from AD. Most probably go for dealers whose price doesn't depend on overtrade.

If just 2-3k discount out of 10k over trade, then dun think I will buy from AD. Most probably go for dealers whose price doesn't depend on overtrade.

Luxury cars like Benz n BMW normally have overtrades coz their margins are higher and they don't want to adjust prices now and then like the B&B cars so they give overtrades instead of price adjustments to keep customers who have already bought the cars, happy. So if u want to avoid dealers who don't depend on overtrades then likely you'll have to look at the B&B segments coz very likely they don't give overtrades. My 2 cents.

• Praise 7

I went to see Honda Mobilio today. Price is $125k base and $127k. Over trade $4k for any car. They said is new launch promotion. 5 yrs warranty. No free servicing.

Still have free servicing. Just that it is 3 free svc instead of 3 yrs.

• Praise 1

Luxury cars like Benz n BMW normally have overtrades coz their margins are higher and they don't want to adjust prices now and then like the B&B cars so they give overtrades instead of price adjustments to keep customers who have already bought the cars, happy. So if u want to avoid dealers who don't depend on overtrades then likely you'll have to look at the B&B segments coz very likely they don't give overtrades. My 2 cents.

Or get from P.I or buy from resale mkt. Those would be straight forward pricing. I find it unbelievable they are charging a much higher price to customers who does not have car to trade in.

wow! Toyota worth only $1k for loyalty [thumbsdown]

I was with Borneo motors for 13+years and the loyalty is still $1K. So i decided to put my loyalty somewhere else.

• Praise 2

I was with Borneo motors for 13+years and the loyalty is still $1K. So i decided to put my loyalty somewhere else.

BM offered me more than $1k for my 2006 vios... in fact they offered more than what other AD is offering..

So, I traded in for Altis :)

• Praise 1

can elaborate a little bit?

meaning they give you extra 20K for your old car .... and you still need to pay back this 20K + interest.

This is usually use to offset down payment ....

Where got so good , dealer give you extra money for your old car de .........

BM offered me more than $1k for my 2006 vios... in fact they offered more than what other AD is offering..

So, I traded in for Altis :)

So meow only 1K .......... I dont think u will see the difference for a 120K car.

• Praise 2