New car discount/price/promo

coldboy1357

the reduction of coe is for AD to makan previous buyer margin

it's not 1-to-1 transer the savings to current buyer ... muahahaha

coe up ... increase price ... coe down ... increase profit margin ... that's normal

yes, before discount and overtrade but the current offer is no discount and overtrade is only 4k [mad]

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

I guess the most economic way to own a car is to drive the car until the 10 year COE is up ?

Coz if COE is low, your car's resale price will drop accordingly. If COE is high, although the resale price of your old car is high, the buying price is high as well.

• Praise 4

the reduction of coe is for AD to makan previous buyer margin

it's not 1-to-1 transer the savings to current buyer ... muahahaha

coe up ... increase price ... coe down ... increase profit margin ... that's normal

This is practiced by the petrol companies, too.  Maybe they all come from the same school.

• Praise 1

Yup. Unless u got a car going to scrap soon, be prepared to get ridiculously low balled.

None of their discounts, service credit and overtrades combined can cover the insult from it.

Guess C&C were very kind to me then, as they didn't even bother to offer me a trade in price for my 2 year old car. After test drive and leaving details, never heard from them again.

• Praise 1

yes, before discount and overtrade but the current offer is no discount and overtrade is only 4k  [mad]

Every AD has different policies and practices

Need to be familiar with the model and specific AD

For C & C, last year when coe was at peak >75k, list price for c180 was 199 888K

Those who bought got better overtrade and vouchers

With list price at 170 888k, that is 29k cheaper (from peak) when coe is 40k cheaper (from peak), don't expect generous overtrade and further discounts 

Like what many bros here said, AD always wins

Guess C&C were very kind to me then, as they didn't even bother to offer me a trade in price for my 2 year old car. After test drive and leaving details, never heard from them again.

Very dependent on the SE and perceived interest you gave

C & C trade in not so great generally 

• Praise 7

yes, before discount and overtrade but the current offer is no discount and overtrade is only 4k [mad]

They know even waiting time is long to collect new C180 but ppl still buying so dun need to give disc. :(

They know even waiting time is long to collect new C180 but ppl still buying so dun need to give disc. :(

I think this is the supply-demand economic at work. As you said, it's long queue/waiting and people are still buying, so why cut price? When people reduce/stop buying (eg higher COE prices), then they will reduce margins to entice customers.
  • Praise 2

I think this is the supply-demand economic at work. As you said, it's long queue/waiting and people are still buying, so why cut price? When people reduce/stop buying (eg higher COE prices), then they will reduce margins to entice customers.

They should allow customers to book their cars up to 3 years in advance to smoothen out the demand supply viscosity
  • Praise 2

318 retail at $157,800 after discount nett at : $143,800

X3 retail at $194800 after discount nett: $181,800

520 retail $216,800 after discount nett: $195,800

errr...u sure or not for the 318? list is 165.8k isn't it?
  • Praise 2

They should allow customers to book their cars up to 3 years in advance to smoothen out the demand supply viscosity

If they cannot afford next time gonna be a hell load of logistics/admin/emotional issues?!

Probably you need to pay 100% booking fee
  • Praise 1

errr...u sure or not for the 318? list is 165.8k isn't it?

I can confirm this.

A BMW SE also texted me the same thing.

Singapore Air Show 2016 promotion.

List price of 318i is165,800. After usual 8k discount is 157,800. Then after promotion discount is 143,800 net.

• Praise 3

u kidding? by doing that when u take car the car already obsolete liao.. what is the point of buying..car changes face lift every 2-3years and better features added. furthermore do you want to put your booking fee there and get nothing in return for 3years? 3 years many thing can happen. government change policy and car is not affordable anymore how? forgo the booking fee. not realistic la.

• Praise 2

I can confirm this.

A BMW SE also texted me the same thing.

Singapore Air Show 2016 promotion.

List price of 318i is165,800. After usual 8k discount is 157,800. Then after promotion discount is 143,800 net.

Not bad leh...air show...car also hv promotion

Not Refering event cars I hope

• Praise 5

Maybe its the SE not the company. My c&c SE is so good biz till can serve 3 customers at one time. I was neglected also. hahaha..

• Praise 1

Wow, that's amazing skills. [smash] [smash] [smash]

You know for conti test drive usually they will let you drive freely as in to take which route you like. This SE was so busy the test drive was cut short nvm, but she texting and calling others. Few questions I asked her she din even hear it. :XD:   

Edited by Yaloryalor
↡ Advertisement