Inconsiderate people in food courts

Aukang

Just venting cos I found the situation so frustrating.

Currently in a crowded food court.

Managed to get a seat for myself and my daughter after a long while looking for empty seats.

I saw a family of 4 at a set of 3 small tables joined together. Each small table can seat 2.

Went ahead and asked the father if tge space at the third table was taken....It was. ..by his son's bag.

His reply. .."too cramped". I looked at hi and said "II am shifting the table." And proceeded to do so.

How selfish people can be even when they don't need the space and don't care if people are looking or waiting for seats.

: (

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Singaporean thinking is every man for himself.

If we are more civil minded and gracious, govt won't implement so many laws and install cameras everywhere liao.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Singaporean thinking is every man for himself.

If we are more civil minded and gracious, govt won't implement so many laws and install cameras everywhere liao.

It can happen to anyone la, noting to do with a person's nationality. Lol.
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Man continues talking on phone after allegedly spilling 'boiling hot' soup on boy in Bugis Junction foodcourt-

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/this-urban-jungle/man-continues-talking-on-phone-after-allegedly-spilling-boiling-hot-soup-on-boy-in

If the boy is running like a monkey in the foodcourt, then deserve it.

Blame the parents or the maid who didn't hold the boy.

I just cant stand monkeys running in the food area where everyone holding piping hot food.

Somemore, they are to short to be notice when you are moving around crowded area.

• Praise 2

Don't get me started on the PRCs.

I literally shouted at them before in food court.

Nornally they block the passage or their baby trolley blocking people from walking

Theres once I shout at PRC, "ZHOU KAI!" as I bringing hot soup

• Praise 2

Supersonic

that is why sometimes when you do something nice, people are shocked and cannot believe it.

Was at ichiban sushi in toa payoh and my family of 4 occupied one of the few tables left. one my right was a table for 2 and on my left was a table for 4. Saw one family with grandma and grandpa and kid in stroller come in, they were told to wait for a table of 6. I called the waitress over and said that my family can shift over so that they family can all sit together and no need to wait. They were so very very grateful and kept thanking us. My kids/wife were happy to go along to do something nice for someone else...

• Praise 12

(edited)

I just cant stand monkeys running in the food area where everyone holding piping hot food.

Somemore, they are to short to be notice when you are moving around crowded area.

really? a 7-yr-old got scalded by hot soup on the face and all you can say is:

1. the boy is a monkey

2. all kids who run in any food court are monkeys

3. kids deserve grievous injury as their retribution for being kids (ie. running around)

4. blame somebody just for the added satisfaction

would you still say the same thing if this involves your loved ones?

i also can't stand out-of-control kids but that doesn't mean they deserve the accidents. they are not fully matured, not in full control of their emotions, that's why they are kids. have a heart. compassion is what differentiates us humans from animals.

Edited by Jellandross
  • Praise 2

1. the boy is a monkey

3. kids deserve grievous injury as their retribution for being kids (ie. running around)

i also can't stand out-of-control kids but that doesn't mean they deserve the accidents. they are not fully matured, not in full control of their emotions, that's why they are kids. have a heart. compassion is what differentiates us humans from animals.

u r right to have compassion but damage has already been done. the boy is already scalded ... what can the guy do? to me it's just bad parenting ... the parents condone the action & allow the boy to do what he wants and in all places, a food court. i wouldn't allow it if it's me unless it's a playground

• Praise 2

u r right to have compassion but damage has already been done. the boy is already scalded ... what can the guy do? to me it's just bad parenting ... the parents condone the action & allow the boy to do what he wants and in all places, a food court. i wouldn't allow it if it's me unless it's a playground

We can't change the laws of physics. But we can change how we feel with our heart.

Totally agree, the guy didn't do it on purpose, it's an accident. Damage can't be undone. But can he be more empathetic? I think so. When the pain is not on our own flesh, who cares right?

I don't agree people callously saying that the kid "deserve it". Kids never deserve their retribution just because they don't know any better and caused an accident. But that's just me.

Bad parenting? Definitely. I always blame myself for not being more alert if my kid gets into any accidents. I'm a control freak with my kid whenever we're in potentially hazardous area like carpark, escalators.. Etc.

Nowadays when parenting is typically outsourced to maids, situation is going to get worse both from a safety and upbringing perspectives.

• Praise 1

Dun put all blame on the kid, I also can't stand people who can't stop holding the phone for few minutes even when they know they are holding a potential dangerous thing on their hand as if they are like clown.

I beat if he is holding the tray with two hand and the accident still happen, then the blame is on the kid or their caretaker.

• Praise 3

Safty is the most important. Some parents just overlook this part. For my maid, I always remind her that safty is the most important when working or caring for kids. Of course, towards my kids, I spare no mercy as well :p If anyone of them not following "order" when we are out, we'll just pack up and return home, no questions ask lolz.

• Praise 2

1. the boy is a monkey

I wish to qualify.

Even animals do display acts of compassion.

• Praise 1

My friend's son kena before and he wasn't even running. Seated guai guai at a table when this expat ah neh spilled his frigging boiling kopi on him. The poor boy had few skin grafts and was the injury was bad. The idiot was like this guy, bo chup. The parents seek compensation from him,

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Just venting cos I found the situation so frustrating.

Currently in a crowded food court.

Managed to get a seat for myself and my daughter after a long while looking for empty seats.

I saw a family of 4 at a set of 3 small tables joined together. Each small table can seat 2.

Went ahead and asked the father if tge space at the third table was taken....It was. ..by his son's bag.

His reply. .."too cramped". I looked at hi and said "II am shifting the table." And proceeded to do so.

How selfish people can be even when they don't need the space and don't care if people are looking or waiting for seats.

: (

Praise you because you were man enough to take action.

Lots of people would have discreetly taken a photo to put on facebook/stomp and whine about it. You did something about it.

Nornally they block the passage or their baby trolley blocking people from walking

Theres once I shout at PRC, "ZHOU KAI!" as I bringing hot soup

You should shout, "PRC, ZHOU KAI!".

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1