Car Leasing Program

Donut

leasing is very popular in usa and europe because the "habit" is live paycheck-to-paycheck

no work no paycheck ... straightaway can tow the car ... as simple as that

Cars are much cheaper over there... probably cos a car is a need there. Always read stories of poorer people who have to save up for $10 gas money... without a vehicle they cannot even get to work...

In SG car is a symbol of being rich and "made it in life", no wonder government want to tax gao gao...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I rmbr a quote from one of Jack Neo's movie (duno which one).

"If u wana make it, u must look like u already made it"

For ppl who do sales, pty, ins, etc.

Must have face, must look good, must 'seh bin'.

Than ppl will buy from u - becos u drive car with seh, means earn big money, means I buy from u is correct choice. U earn, I oso earn.

Edited by Wildfaye29
  • Praise 4

different stroke for different folk ...

lease and pay more for flexibility sure is better than buying ... [thumbsup]

For myself, simple. Roof more impt.

Car is on rental basis. 'Renting' since 2004.

Doesnt matter to me whether got residual value, becos once loan breakeven, means can chg without topup.

Max rent amt is $1k per month for me. Other expense $500 per mth. Every mth $1.5K include loan repayment, ins, road tax, fuel, svc, etc)

If I can lease @ $1,500 exclude fuel. I think its gd to go for me. Fuel cost abt $300 per mth for me.

The lessor must earn some money, so $300 goes to lessor per mth.

Edited by Wt_know

Doesnt matter to me whether got residual value, becos once loan breakeven, means can chg without topup.

Max rent amt is $1k per month for me. Other expense $500 per mth. Every mth $1.5K include loan repayment, ins, road tax, fuel, svc, etc)

If I can lease @ $1,500 exclude fuel. I think its gd to go for me. Fuel cost abt $300 per mth for me.

Which model of car nowadays is monthly rental cost of $1k only ?

Yup.. I find it's quite worth it also. And I agree with you that roof is more important. Car is a good to have, not a necessity. If you need it for work and cannot come out with the hefty downpayment due to family commitments, leasing is the way to go. You can still have a means to perform your job without coming out with too much money.

Now quite impossible la. 2008 to 2010?

Still have.. deal with private car owners. Insurance add your name. I saw a honda fit 08 the owner rent for 1 year $1,100 only.

Deposit 1 month, payment 1 month. But servicing your own. Still cheap because how many times can you service the car in 1 year?

Which model of car nowadays is monthly rental cost of $1k only ?

If go through leasing companies, I think lowest $1200?

You guys can discuss the pros and cons of leasing till the earth no longer exists but the bottom line here is, if you ain't got the cash to buy the car with cash or put down a 50% downpayment, don't bother owning a car.

You guys can discuss the pros and cons of leasing till the earth no longer exists but the bottom line here is, if you ain't got the cash to buy the car with cash or put down a 50% downpayment, don't bother owning a car.

Ddon't like that leh, last time 30% dp then 0% dp also got people own car....

Talk talk cannot meh

• Praise 2

Ddon't like that leh, last time 30% dp then 0% dp also got people own car....

Talk talk cannot meh

Talk and talk but ultimately most will not take up their offer unless they're super desperate.

I find Prime's leasing program to be super gimmicky. I'm sure most people who do their sums will understand that it ain't worth it.

Aiya, there are people who want to use their money to generate higher returns instead of put as deposit mah, or need the use of car for their work. :-)

Not everybody that needs a car is rich like you can afford 50% down-payment for a good car...

Dun need to sound so YAYA...if really so can, dun even need to take up loan...just pay cash in full....

• Praise 4

Yeah, I just met a colleague who included his yearly service increments to determine the maximum atas car he can afford for monthly installment! End up from initial 3series up to F10 523i.

Actually lease program is not exactly what it looks like. Normally they require ten percent downpayment and the monthly is like $2000 at least, for a entry level b&b car. Those who are interested should find out the complete details.

I do not really know what Prime Leasing options include. Suggest those interestes do check out your options first.

For example, Opel used to have leasing (2-3 years contract) for its brand new cars (Insignia, Zafira, Astra) and it include Road Tax, Insurance And Servicing. But no buy back option. Not sure if it is still available.

Citroen also offers leasing for new cars. Likewise Kia, Honda, BMW....Not sure if Hyundai does this (they used to).

Talk and talk but ultimately most will not take up their offer unless they're super desperate.

I find Prime's leasing program to be super gimmicky. I'm sure most people who do their sums will understand that it ain't worth it.

What's wrong we talking about it.... good to build knowledge and it could also be a good alternative for some people

• Praise 2

Dun have $1200 one la. Even 3yr old Altis, most companies charging around $1500 per month or so.

my 9th year vios going at $1500 per month. hahaha.

Sometimes no choice because your job requires you to have a car.

Have to agree it's gimmicky. It's a trap [dead]

Aiya, there are people who want to use their money to generate higher returns instead of put as deposit mah, or need the use of car for their work. :-)

True, but also depends on how you see it.

Actually lease program is not exactly what it looks like. Normally they require ten percent downpayment and the monthly is like $2000 at least, for a entry level b&b car. Those who are interested should find out the complete details.

That's for new car? I lease a used vios for 1.5k per month. Just need put 1 month deposit will do [drivingcar]

I do not really know what Prime Leasing options include. Suggest those interestes do check out your options first.

For example, Opel used to have leasing (2-3 years contract) for its brand new cars (Insignia, Zafira, Astra) and it include Road Tax, Insurance And Servicing. But no buy back option. Not sure if it is still available.

Citroen also offers leasing for new cars. Likewise Kia, Honda, BMW....Not sure if Hyundai does this (they used to).

Drive new car is only for "Face". If you just need a car for work or just proper wheels to move around, try used car leasing.

It's much cheaper and can sign short term of 1 year. From what i know, leasing a new car usually involve higher deposit and longer lease period of minimum 3 years.

hi all..

i looking to rent a b&b car for a year due to job requirement to drive in Singapore only.

Looking for car such as Honda Jazz/ Toyota Altis, and other fuel efficient vehicle.

Any factors I should take note of other than the monthly rental? (such as insurance excess and?)

Read somewhere that renting from AD can be cheaper than those pte rental companies. Your opinions?

Lastly, any good and reliable company to recommend?

TIA for your help and advise.

↡ Advertisement