CNA documentary: Hijacked of SQ117

Vega

Yap just go watch at Toggle.... I just did..... Bravo to our SOF..... Job well done...

Not to belittle our own guys, but the arsenal carried by the terrorists were less harmful compared to some used these days... Eg. The HK tour bus incident, which is a total fiasco

But I liked the forward thinking and worst case scenario planning by the top leaders in charge those days... Unlike the complacent bunch we have now.. The perm secs now look like monkeys with no clue what they are doing

• Praise 2

Regardless of what the bad guys were carrying, our SOF guys went into that aircraft and killed all of them without loss to any of the passengers or crew. Recent take-downs in hostage situations suggest it is very, very difficult not to have any friendly casualties when bullets start flying.

• Praise 4

Turbocharged

Back then no one would think our soldiers are able to carry this ops out on our own. Our SOF was not known to the public yet.

• Praise 3

Watched last night :)

I should said, it gave alot of insights to what happened inside the plane... such as 2 crews being pushed out ...

Though I hope they can have more interviews from more passengers :)

And hey, there are no female crew ! All 4 crews are guys ! Cannot be, right?! :D

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Watched last night :)

I should said, it gave alot of insights to what happened inside the plane... such as 2 crews being pushed out ...

Though I hope they can have more interviews from more passengers :)

And hey, there are no female crew ! All 4 crews are guys ! Cannot be, right?! :D

I am quite sure there are some differences between the documentary vs the actual situation.

With the wild spread of Internet hope some who was on that plane that day or someone who knows the passengers can come in to share what actually happened.

• Praise 1

I have always thought they were dealing with amateur hijackers.

Here's why I say they were amateurs.

1. They hijack a plane that goes between Sin-KL and they demanded the captain of the plane to fly to Sydney after taking off. A plane prep for such a short flight to re-route and fly to Sydney. Their knowledge seems very limited.

2. Why Sydney, an ang moh country and not somewhere in the middle east or Pakistan? They demanded Pakistanis and their former president to be released from Pakistani prison. They won't even know if the prisoners were to be released since most ppl are still using pagers back in those days. Maybe they wanted to see Kuala bears.

3. Pushing ppl off the plane....w/o shooting them first. An indication they were not heavily armed.

4. They claimed they were political party members from one of those in Pakistan. They are more political activists dan terrorists. I think it's a desperate attempt to stop the execution of their party chief and former president Bhutto back in those days. The Bhutto family led party doesn't quite looked like a terrorist group.

• Praise 5

Back then no one would think our soldiers are able to carry this ops out on our own. Our SOF was not known to the public yet.

"There was a time when people think our SOF won't make it, but they did... (but they did)...

There was a time, when trouble seems too much for them to take, but they did... (but they did)...

They kept the hostages strong and free...

Moving out together in synchro harmony..."

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Since our SOF "lack" the opportunity to apply their skills on real ops, wonder how they keep their killer instinct alive?

Since our SOF "lack" the opportunity to apply their skills on real ops, wonder how they keep their killer instinct alive?

they can now also train in little-india...

camo behind some ma-ma store [laugh]

↡ Advertisement